Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

George Robinson Revisited

Darkcleaver

We have the Word of God given to us in His written Word, the Bible. There are no modern day prophets (1 Corinthians 1:8ff). A prophet, Scripturally is one who speaks for God. Sometimes that means foretelling the future, mostly it didn't though. No prophet of the Bible ever quoted a date & rate to any king or anyone else. When people get all excited about modern day self-proclaimed prophets, whether it be this fella or Camping or Hinn, and their pronouncements do not occur, to those that don't know the Scriptures, it makes the Bible look silly (wrong connection to make, but it happens). In 22 years of preaching, I have run into more of these people than I can count. When people see what the Bible truly says, instead of all the sensational stuff, it changes lives for eternity.

You should look in the book of Ephesians 4:10-16 it clearly states that Jesus left the office of prophet for the Church. I do not see what 1 Corinthians 1:8 has to do with prophets. George never claimed to be a prophet. As far as prophets go, I have seen a few and others who are gifted in the prophetic. As far the sensational stuff miracles, signs and wonders are awesome. Jesus said that we could do greater things than He.

Peace to you my brother.

• Upvote 1

George never claimed to be a prophet.

I disagree. When someone makes claims as to having prophesied...how can you deny that they are in effect claiming to be a prophet? In his CCs he is recorded as saying multiple times "I prophesied ...." It would be like saying a man who fixes cars but who never claimed to be an auto mechanic isn't one. Well, he doesn't HAVE to claim it...he fixes cars!

TLDR: Prophets prophesy.

Take care.

I disagree. When someone makes claims as to having prophesied...how can you deny that they are in effect claiming to be a prophet? In his CCs he is recorded as saying multiple times "I prophesied ...." It would be like saying a man who fixes cars but who never claimed to be an auto mechanic isn't one. Well, he doesn't HAVE to claim it...he fixes cars!

TLDR: Prophets prophesy.

Take care.

The gift of prophecy (I Corinthians 12:10) and the office of the prophet (Ephesians 4:11) are not the same thing.

There is a ministry of the prophet, but not everyone is a prophet. You may prophesy, but operating in the simple gift of prophecy does not qualify you to stand in the office of a prophet. To stand in the office of a prophet, one must have a consistent manifestation of at least two of the revelation gifts ( word of wisdom, word of knowledge, or discerning of spirits) plus prophecy. God has to choose you to be a prophet but we can all prophesy, if you seek after the things of the Kingdom. 1 Corinthians 14: 1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. 2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. 3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. 4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues,

Prophecy is a spiritual gift from God that can be obtained.

Peace to you.

It always amazes me the willingness of gullible people to elevate someone to prohet status based on NOTHING. If you research this George Robinson guy, one of his credentials that he uses to verify his prophet status is the prediction of Ford Motor Co stock. He made a prediction (as he calls it) that Ford Stock was a winner back a couple of years ago. He advised a few of his friends to buy Ford stock and they made a bunch of money. OK, great. My local Edward Jones broker advised me to buy Ford stock at the same time when it was around $2.65. I bought some and made a good bit of money on the deal. Now does this make my local Edward Jones broker a prophet? ? ? Or what about the same broker who advised me to buy American Capital at $1.05 and it went to $9.50. Or what about the Pilgrims Pride stock I told everyone to buy at $.25 cents . . . and it went to $13.00. Where do I sign up for my "official prophet license" ? ?

MORONS

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Whether you claim to be a prophet or not, if you say that you received a revelation from God and it doesn't pan out you're a false prophet in my book. Do you think in the Old Testament that if somebody said "Thus saith Jehovah God .... " and it doesn't happen they could fall back on the excuse "well I never claimed to be a prophet ... I was just prophesying". Yeah, right. Try to fend off the stoning sentence with that. It's like Bill Clinton's lame excuse that oral sex isn't sex or that "it depends on what the definition of 'is' is".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Whether you claim to be a prophet or not, if you say that you received a revelation from God and it doesn't pan out you're a false prophet in my book. Do you think in the Old Testament that if somebody said "Thus saith Jehovah God .... " and it doesn't happen they could fall back on the excuse "well I never claimed to be a prophet ... I was just prophesying". Yeah, right. Try to fend off the stoning sentence with that. It's like Bill Clinton's lame excuse that oral sex isn't sex or that "it depends on what the definition of 'is' is".

You have to go by what the word of God says. It is not what you think but what the word says. There is a ministry of the prophet, but not everyone is a prophet. You may prophesy, but operating in the simple gift of prophecy does not qualify you to stand in the office of a prophet. To stand in the office of a prophet, one must have a consistent manifestation of at least two of the revelation gifts ( word of wisdom, word of knowledge, or discerning of spirits) plus prophecy. God has to choose you to be a prophet but we can all prophesy, if you seek after the things of the Kingdom. 1 Corinthians 14: 1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. 2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. 3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. 4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues,

Peace to you.

Read more:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But that's exactly my point, radar. He HASN'T missed it yet, technically speaking.

Look, most of you guys seem like the kind of people who take everything a "prophet" says as prophecy. George gives his prophecy, then walks outside and says while observing large dark cloud formations above, "It's gonna rain today!" And then when it doesn't rain you reach for the rocks.

I'm being melodramatic to illustrate my point, so I hope you get where I'm coming from. Did you know that the New Testament writers encouraged us to prophesy by twos and threes (1st Corinthians 14)? George is going it alone, so to speak, but why do you think we were encouraged to prophesy in twos and threes?

Back to my point. George INTERPRETED his own prophesy. This is dangerous. It doesn't go against the "law of God" insomuch that there isn't a commandment prohibiting solo prophets. But it does allow the natural human mind, when operating by itself, to come to false conclusions from the things that were given. Thus the admonition to "Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge."

It is obvious that George wasn't aware of the full meaning of his own prophecy since he never was able to tell us what the 29 meant. And it is my assumption that him telling us the "first of June" meant by the 10th was just an assumption of his own.

Does this obviate or nullify the prophecy? More importantly does it make George Robinson a false prophet? I do not believe you can conclude that at this point.

When will we be able to conclude that? If one of two things happens...

1) if it RVs after June 29th

2) if it RVs at anything other than $3.89.

Some of you are going to heckle me about assuming the 29 is in June. Why couldn't it mean End of May, First of June, 29 [of July/August/September until it happens]?

Well we all have our limits right? :P

Just remember that God will not be put in a box, and none of us has the mind of God. My best bet is, something DID happen the end of May, the first of June, and it's going to RV such that we can cash in on June 29th at $3.89.

But UNTIL THEN you are seriously not able to sit here and tell me that he is a false prophet, that he missed it, etc., etc., because NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THE 29 MEANS! Just because he's a prophet doesn't mean everything that comes out of his mouth is a prophecy.

As far as I'm concerned the only "prophecy" he gave was "...the end of May, first of June, 29." @ $3.89.

Take care.

In my defense, I would say that if a person has a gift from God imo, he or she needs to wait on the perfecting of that gift and not run to anyone destruction................ty for that response..just saying

• Upvote 1

G.R. said in his interview also (if you have listened to it), that the Lord told him to get out of the stock market because it will take a dive (he said it on 4-20-11) now check this links below and see that what G.R. said was correct for the most part.

If he was correct about the temporary fall of silver, about the approximate price it fell to, about the stock market also(its happening now), then he may be just right about the dinar also. I know the dates he gave were off, but there is still the 29th.

In actuality the date does not matter as much as the event itself.

the link to the afformentioned interview is: http://www.justin.tv/worldimprovement/b/284158603

and the link about the stock market is: http://sgtreport.com/2011/06/the-bear-is-back-and-this-time-it-will-be-much-worse/

All that is my opinion, but if one gets into the trouble to read and listen then he/she will see what I am talking about.

My opinion on this is to have a little patience than to quickly throw stones at G.R. Even if the dates are not correct the event is not, IMO. I think it will happen.

• Upvote 1

The gift of prophecy (I Corinthians 12:10) and the office of the prophet (Ephesians 4:11) are not the same thing.

There is a ministry of the prophet, but not everyone is a prophet. You may prophesy, but operating in the simple gift of prophecy does not qualify you to stand in the office of a prophet. To stand in the office of a prophet, one must have a consistent manifestation of at least two of the revelation gifts ( word of wisdom, word of knowledge, or discerning of spirits) plus prophecy. God has to choose you to be a prophet but we can all prophesy, if you seek after the things of the Kingdom. 1 Corinthians 14: 1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. 2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. 3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men. 4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I wish you all spoke with tongues, but even more that you prophesied; for he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks with tongues,

Peace to you.

You are absolutely correct im not defending George robinson because he was wrong but.... Scripture says otherwise they are not the same thanks for the truth.

• Upvote 1

In my defense, I would say that if a person has a gift from God imo, he or she needs to wait on the perfecting of that gift and not run to anyone destruction................ty for that response..just saying

Anyone ever heard of the school of the prophets?..............just saying :lol:there is a certain way to do thing and if not done that way......well

Edited by radar12354

It always amazes me the willingness of gullible people to elevate someone to prohet status based on NOTHING. If you research this George Robinson guy, one of his credentials that he uses to verify his prophet status is the prediction of Ford Motor Co stock. He made a prediction (as he calls it) that Ford Stock was a winner back a couple of years ago. He advised a few of his friends to buy Ford stock and they made a bunch of money. OK, great. My local Edward Jones broker advised me to buy Ford stock at the same time when it was around $2.65. I bought some and made a good bit of money on the deal. Now does this make my local Edward Jones broker a prophet? ? ? Or what about the same broker who advised me to buy American Capital at $1.05 and it went to $9.50. Or what about the Pilgrims Pride stock I told everyone to buy at $.25 cents . . . and it went to $13.00. Where do I sign up for my "official prophet license" ? ?

MORONS

Yep...Your Broker equals a Prophet in some people minds. Given those very facts, I mean......

]I can wait for 2 more weeks for $3.89 but the problem here is that he said the first part of June and June 29 isn't in the first part of June now is it? Besides that, at one point he actually said the 29th of May and then in another instance he said Friday June 10 is our day. Well here we are now on June 16 and still no RV. Sorry George, you're wrong. Thanks for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts.[/size]

stoning2.jpg

indeed many love to call themselves prophets (in the periods of the prophets in the bible they are to call Israel to repentance bring God warning and juidgement)

in the new covenant period we are given gift of prophecy part of Holy spirit gifting

so next time some one call himself prophet ..... :unsure::huh: :huh:

BTW watch out!!! if the prophecy did not come to pass means they are false prophets

and false prophets are to be stoned to death because they are using God's name in vain

Edited by daniel c

indeed many love to call themselves prophets (in the periods of the prophets in the bible they are to call Israel to repentance bring God warning and juidgement)

in the new covenant period we are given gift of prophecy part of Holy spirit gifting

so next time some one call himself prophet ..... :unsure::huh: :huh:

BTW watch out!!! if the prophecy did not come to pass means they are false prophets

and false prophets are to be stoned to death because they are using God's name in vain

Do you think that prophets are superman? No they make mistakes also, sometimes it is the flesh and sometimes they are immature. Man can make mistakes and is not perfect like God. The great prophet Ezekiel spoke incorrectly but God did not stop using him. A false prophet will continue to mislead people but a true prophet can make a mistakes. Have you ever been trained to do something and you never made a mistake. Let me know if you know someone who has not made a mistake. (beside Jesus) George never called himself a prophet. The stoning went out in the Old Testament. Just be care of what you speak words are very powerful.

Peace to you.