Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

LOP Talk Again

~Doc~

You can't multiply you would have to divide. 1,000 IQD divided by 3 IQD = $333.00 Remember the rate stated was 3 IQD to the $1. You would have to have 3,000 IQD to get $1,000

OK, so it's been a long day and I can't read anymore...LOL. I am so used to seeing the 3-1 the other way. Still don't see how $333 per million is going to help the Iraqi people out at all! That's why I refuse to believe it will LOP. That's like saying, we are sorry we can't give you a raise this year Mr. Brokaw, but to make up for it, we are going to raise the cost of your health insurance.

• Upvote 1

Where is that stated by Iraqi upper officials? I'm in no way hoping for a lop but the argument that they can't afford it doesn't make any sense to me. To remove the zeroes from the rate and the notes then raise the value would give them more money than they currently have. Not my desired outcome, but it sounds reasonable.

Its a conservative approach..... But not so much in economy boosting..

Lets say the R/V post LOP is 200% (Meaning double your money)

The average citizen would now maybe be able to go and buy two loaves of bread for what originally cost them one.

Everything would basically be a 2-4-1.

Not really economic boom inspring, but it is a positive result.

See, I foresee the rather larger boom, because it benefits the citizens.

Imagine instead of what used to buy you 1 loaf of bread, now buys you a 1,000.

The citizens would be excited... proud... happy....

Dealers are selling more of the lower denominations(50-250-500-1000) for even more $ now because they can no longer get the larger ones as they are being "lifted" off the market in Iraq. If they were going to LOP then the large bills would still be in use and they would continue to use them.

laugh.gif And who told you this?? Breitling?? laugh.gif The bigger bills are still in supply, everywhere.....especially in the streets of Iraq....no different then how common it is to see a 20 dollar bill here.....

as told in many forums and by many upper officials that iraq can not afford to lop

Could you please explain to me why......no offense to you but this is one of the funniest arguments I hear against a RD.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

laugh.gif And who told you this?? Breitling?? laugh.gif The bigger bills are still in supply, everywhere.....especially in the streets of Iraq....no different then how common it is to see a 20 dollar bill here.....

You just can't shut up can you. Why do keep bringing up Breitling? I have other sources but you always fail to mention any others. Maybe you like this Breitling guy or something, but just to say it....stfu.

Edited by Candinar
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

LOP drop the zeros and keep the rate at 1170

RD Drop 3 zeros and move decimal point 3 places from 1170 dinar to dollar to 1.17 dinar to dollar

RV. Increase the value of the exchange rate

RI. ReInstate the $3.22 per dinar rate

Someone, please refresh my memory.

Who exactly said they would remove 3 zeros from the bills and not change the rate from 1170 dinar per dollar??

I would like to get their views on the science of mathematics.

Someone, please help me out here....

I am looking for a Lawyer if this happens. It will be a suite against pumpers who constantly swear that Iraq would never lop. Heck I even have a recording saved on my hard drive from Ali of Dinar Trade saying Iraq would never lop.

Currency trading is a gamble just like Wall Street, Las Vegas or the Lotto. Nobody held a gun to our heads & ordered us to buy ID. No lawyer would take this case.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Keep,

Just gotta ask you.....

Do you have any 3 zero Dinar notes?

Do you think that anyone else on Dinar Vets has any 3 zero notes?

If the answer is yes to either or both of the above. - are thesep notes on the street in Iraq, when they are in our possession?

Have they been removed from the street in Iraq ?

Does the currency auction not do this 3 to 5 days a week?

Is Shabibi selling dinars for dinars or dinars for dollars?

If auction is selling dinar for other currency to build reserves, are the dinar sold still on the street in Iraq?

I would think there is a very good possibility that large dinar notes are being removed from Iraq. If not, we have counterfeits.

Choose your side on this one, and put it to rest.....

I have an Idea

how about you do some real research and realize that a lop is not only possible but likely

the iraqi's have been saying for months that a lop is the most likely

what dont believe the oficial news or people who LIVE IN IRAQ

ok thats your right but I live here in Iraq

and I am telling you It's gonna LOP

and I have explained why more times than I care to count

or you can go on believing that you are going to become a multi millionair from a few thousand dollar investment

so really which is more realistic

Semper Fi

Hmm... Imagine if their FULL intent was to re-value...

I wonder, would they blast that in the local news? Would they even give any reasonable reason for most to believe they'll re-value?

I wonder, if they did, what would happen to their currency? Oh I know!!! They would be liquidated... All bills bought up, held, and sat on until a re-value...

Gosh, if they wanted to prevent that, I wonder what they would claim? Who would buy into the IQD if people claimed it would Re-denominate? I doubt anyone. Why break even, right?

Maybe we see a mix of both, R/D followed up with a R/V. - I consider this a win... Just not a high yield win...

R/V, sounds like a win for me, an the benefits are endless

R/D - (No R/V) I break-even, and after cashing out w/ mark-ups and fees, I lose $.

Time-value of my dollar sure could of been spent differently in that scenario.

• Upvote 1

I have an Idea

how about you do some real research and realize that a lop is not only possible but likely

the iraqi's have been saying for months that a lop is the most likely

what dont believe the oficial news or people who LIVE IN IRAQ

ok thats your right but I live here in Iraq

and I am telling you It's gonna LOP

and I have explained why more times than I care to count

or you can go on believing that you are going to become a multi millionair from a few thousand dollar investment

so really which is more realistic

Semper Fi

Just so we all understand, your interpreters are telling you they will shift the decimal points in all currency 3 places to the left, and keep the exchange rate at 1170..

This will yield notes with the following value in dinar, and no new notes will be introduced...

25 was 25k

10. Was 10k

5. Was 5k

1. Was 1k

.50. Was 500

.25. Was 250

.05 was 50

Dinar notes in circulation, and it will still take a total of 1170 dinar equal a dollar.

This is what a LOP is.

Please verify with your sources and go on record with your prediction...

Keep in mind, if this your position, it means the largest note is worth about $.02 USD .

Please clarify and go on record.

You just can't shut up can you. Why do keep bringing up Breitling? I have other sources but you always fail to mention any others. Maybe you like this Breitling guy or something, but just to say it....stfu.

laugh.gif Awww I think I hit a soft spot!! Im sorry buddy....I still love you!! laugh.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Russian Huey,

It sounds like you are confusing terms here.

A LOP just devalues the currency.

A RD would also affect the exchang rate in Iraq to unwind the inflation and restore purchasing power. It would be followed by a RV.

Your description is a RD, not a LOP. By your own admission, your salary of 1m dinar equals 1k USD.

After the RD, your salary becomes 1k dinar, and is worth 1k USD.

This is a redenomination, where the zeros are dropped, and the decimal point in the nominal rate is shifted the same amount of places to the left. It unwinds the remnants of Saddam era by deflation, and restores purchasing power. It can logically be followed by a controlled revaluation to allow the economy to grow and maintain control of inflation.

If you got the LOP you hoped form your 1m dinar would become 1 k dinar worth $20 USD.

If this is your dream in life, go for it. But, at least understand it.

With a 3:1 RV ( your example), you would elevate your salary to sixty bucks.

Nice...

Keep,

Just gotta ask you.....

Do you have any 3 zero Dinar notes?

Do you think that anyone else on Dinar Vets has any 3 zero notes?

If the answer is yes to either or both of the above. - are thesep notes on the street in Iraq, when they are in our possession?

Have they been removed from the street in Iraq ?

Does the currency auction not do this 3 to 5 days a week?

Is Shabibi selling dinars for dinars or dinars for dollars?

If auction is selling dinar for other currency to build reserves, are the dinar sold still on the street in Iraq?

I would think there is a very good possibility that large dinar notes are being removed from Iraq. If not, we have counterfeits.

Choose your side on this one, and put it to rest.....

I have kept in touch with people who are serving over there in Iraq and they assure me that the 000's notes are not scarce on the street or anywhere over there for that matter....they are as common as us seeing 20's and 10's.....

With a little over 24 trillion dinar outside the banks, is it that hard to believe that there is plenty of dinar to go around??

I would guess that MAYBE us speculators in the US have close to 2 trillion dinar.....so I cant see that being the majority of their physical currency supply...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Of course they are still in circulation. The object is not to collapse the economy in the process of eliminating the remnants of inflation. All I am pointing out is verifiable proof that the large bills are being sold at auction and are ending up elsewhere, thus proving they are being removed from circulation.

You have to become accustomed to not failing to observe the obvious.

It's that Forrest and Tree discussion...

So, I return to the original question... Do you still believe that the large notes are not being systematically being removed from Iraq, where their inherit inflation is a liability?

Of course they are still in circulation. The object is not to collapse the economy in the process of eliminating the remnants of inflation. All I am pointing out is verifiable proof that the large bills are being sold at auction and are ending up elsewhere, thus proving they are being removed from circulation.

You have to become accustomed to not failing to observe the obvious.

It's that Forrest and Tree discussion...

So, I return to the original question... Do you still believe that the large notes are not being systematically being removed from Iraq, where their inherit inflation is a liability?

Well of course there is dinar being taken out of Iraq......but its not being destroyed, its not reducing the money supply....its still currency in circulation is it not?? Regardless of whose hands its in, its still physically there somewhere.....there are no signs of the big bills being destroyed and removed from circulation and thats one of the issues in my mind that keeps the chances of seeing a high RV out the gate almost non existant...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Hi Candinar :)

I think it would be appreciated by many if you could

please learn to be able to actually discuss matters

on a thread without the need to bash and use disrespectful

language to members here who may differ from your view points.

You appear to instigate some kind of self made confrontation

no matter what the subject is. Certainly it is OK to disagree, but

does it have to end up with you giving attitude to anyone you disagree

with? When you belittle someone, it only reflects back on how you

hide behind your computer instead of actually contributing to a discussion

in a constructive manner.

It baffles me why so many think they must tear someone else down if

they do not agree. the forum is for discussion, hopefully in an adult

manner where two view points can be shared and we can all learn together.

This is not a contest, who is right and who is wrong. It is a forum where at least

some here appreciate all viewpoints, not just those they agree with. I can understand

your thoughts regarding a redenomination, and I do not know anyone that would actually

WANT that. But it is likely and it is a lesson from history. Why does learning about both

sides of this speculation have to be so contentious?

Only you can answer that. I enjoy some of your posts, but when you start mouthing about

something you do not agree with, you do not have to also tear a person apart. You have done

your research, and guys like Keep and many others have done theirs. Both are valid, but only one

will occur. History tells us what that is likely to be, and I do not want that any more than you do, and

neither does anyone I know here, even those that have taken the time to understand how a

redenomination works. We all want the same outcome, but we also must pay attention to how

other countries have handled similar periods and challenges. Is it that offensive?

All my best! :)

Jim

---

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Russian Huey,

It sounds like you are confusing terms here.

A LOP just devalues the currency.

A RD would also affect the exchang rate in Iraq to unwind the inflation and restore purchasing power. It would be followed by a RV.

Your description is a RD, not a LOP. By your own admission, your salary of 1m dinar equals 1k USD.

After the RD, your salary becomes 1k dinar, and is worth 1k USD.

This is a redenomination, where the zeros are dropped, and the decimal point in the nominal rate is shifted the same amount of places to the left. It unwinds the remnants of Saddam era by deflation, and restores purchasing power. It can logically be followed by a controlled revaluation to allow the economy to grow and maintain control of inflation.

If you got the LOP you hoped form your 1m dinar would become 1 k dinar worth $20 USD.

If this is your dream in life, go for it. But, at least understand it.

With a 3:1 RV ( your example), you would elevate your salary to sixty bucks.

Nice...

The commie-helicopter guy is right, you are wrong.

What you just described as a lop has never happened anywhere, at any time.

A lop is just a slang term for redenomination. There are many examples of redenominations that have happened being referred to as "lopping zeros". I have never seen an example of what you described.

Your problem isn't that you read the forums, it's that you believe what you read.

And Keepem', keep up the truth, and Breitling is a dingaling. :P

I have kept in touch with people who are serving over there in Iraq and they assure me that the 000's notes are not scarce on the street or anywhere over there for that matter....they are as common as us seeing 20's and 10's.....

With a little over 24 trillion dinar outside the banks, is it that hard to believe that there is plenty of dinar to go around??

I would guess that MAYBE us speculators in the US have close to 2 trillion dinar.....so I cant see that being the majority of their physical currency supply...

You are very right. There is absolutely no shortage of 25K notes anywhere.

Edited by Froto
  • Upvote 2

~DOC~ I jusrt spoke with ERIN from TRAVELEX

and she said that you completely misunderstood

her, in fact, she said that you added information. I just

read to her what you posted and she dispelled it all!

They do not sell Dinar, they have just started purchasing

it, she has not shown anyone the new smaller denoms

on her computer. She has absolutely no information

on 3 zeros being removed, she has no information about

any dinar revalueing...

~DOC~ YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TRUTHFUL AND SHOULD

APPOLIGIZE TO THIS SITE AND TO ALL OF US FOR WASTING

OUR TIME BY READING YOUR LIES...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ooooohhhh..... The PLOT Thickens......

Drama!

This is a classic case of misinterperation of a message.

We read things online for face-value.

What we see, hear, or experience in real-life can easily be misinterpretated.

I also think this is a common reason for false rumor to circulate.

Another reason for the amount of rumors is that they circulate, than become altered as they circulate. Therefore, 2 rumors may have originated from the same source, but over time change and end up with a different status upon circulation.

LOP drop the zeros and keep the rate at 1170

RD Drop 3 zeros and move decimal point 3 places from 1170 dinar to dollar to 1.17 dinar to dollar

RV. Increase the value of the exchange rate

RI. ReInstate the $3.22 per dinar rate

Someone, please refresh my memory.

Who exactly said they would remove 3 zeros from the bills and not change the rate from 1170 dinar per dollar??

I would like to get their views on the science of mathematics.

Someone, please help me out here....

This was stated on the XE.COM website.

Iraq, Dinar

The Iraqi Dinar is the currency of Iraq. The currency code for Dinars is IQD, and the currency symbol is د.ع . Below, you'll find Iraqi Dinar rates, a currency converter, Iraqi Dinar News and more. You can also subscribe to our currency newsletters with daily rates and analysis, or take IQD rates on the go with our XE Mobile apps for your iPhone, BlackBerry, or even your regular phone.

Notice: IQD may be redenominated:

In 2010, the Central Bank of Iraq announced their plans to redenominate the Iraqi Dinar to ease cash transactions. The intention would be to drop three zeros from the nominal value of bank notes; but the actual value of the dinar would remain unchanged. That would mean that 1,000 IQD (pre-redenomination) and 1 dinar (post-redenomination) would both be worth the same amount in US Dollars. Although the announcement stated that the change would take place by the end of 2010, there has been no redenomination as of January 2011 and no further announcements have been made. As stated by the Central Bank of Iraq, their mandate is to "ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system." For more information about the redenomination, read "Iraq Planning Currency Redenomination."

~DOC~ I jusrt spoke with ERIN from TRAVELEX

and she said that you completely misunderstood

her, in fact, she said that you added information. I just

read to her what you posted and she dispelled it all!

They do not sell Dinar, they have just started purchasing

it, she has not shown anyone the new smaller denoms

on her computer. She has absolutely no information

on 3 zeros being removed, she has no information about

any dinar revalueing...

~DOC~ YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TRUTHFUL AND SHOULD

APPOLIGIZE TO THIS SITE AND TO ALL OF US FOR WASTING

OUR TIME BY READING YOUR LIES...

Read Read Read:::::::: Before you start calling me a Liar I sure would appreciate that. my post #19.

Not claiming to be anbody I'm not. Like I stated at the top of the post : Found on another site:

[b]And at the bottom of the post I give all the credit to: IraqiSteve from: Investor's Iraq Forum[/b]

Just thought some people might find it an Interesting/Amusing read that is all.

Read more:

• Upvote 1

Well of course there is dinar being taken out of Iraq......but its not being destroyed, its not reducing the money supply....its still currency in circulation is it not?? Regardless of whose hands its in, its still physically there somewhere.....there are no signs of the big bills being destroyed and removed from circulation and thats one of the issues in my mind that keeps the chances of seeing a high RV out the gate almost non existant...

We are in agreement that a high RV within Iraq is not likely.

It has too many negatives, and does not first address the problem of the inflated large bills.

Will the CBI handle the cashing in of all Dinar held outside of Iraq?

Will the UST be responsible for gathering the Dinar in the US?

Will the UST treat the Dinar cashed in as a debt swap and cancel it in exchange for oil as the popular rumor suggests?

You and I are both in agreement that the most likely occurrence is a RD, followed by a RV, only I don't call it a LOP, which is a wholesale devaluation.

Shabibi is insistent that inflation must remain under control. He simply cannot achieve this goal if the larger bills are exposed to a new nominal rate, and treated at face value.

At this point, time will tell.

The commie-helicopter guy is right, you are wrong.

What you just described as a lop has never happened anywhere, at any time.

A lop is just a slang term for redenomination. There are many examples of redenominations that have happened being referred to as "lopping zeros". I have never seen an example of what you described.

Your problem isn't that you read the forums, it's that you believe what you read.

If it is wrong to call a redenomination a redenomination, then I am guilty as charged.

If you want to call it a LOP and immediately cut off rational discussion due to the negative connotation that term carries, that is your choice.

As a student of helicopter flight, I don't necessarily feel you have to be crazy to fly them, but I know it takes a bit more talent than fixed wing, plus the glide ratio sucks.

At some point, there has to be an understanding of what is being discussed. The term RD seems to be clearly defined.

The term LOP could refer to pruning trees, castrating cattle, or a myriad of other actions that involve forceful taking and are not viewed as a natural progression, or do they indicate agreement between the lopper and loppee.

As far as believing what I read, the Venezuelan Paper describing the process from start to end, covering every aspect from planning to overall effect to the economy in every anticipated aspect was a very informative bit of info that I picked up from a forum link.

Guilty as charged; you nailed me again....

Doc, reread the info you included in your reply outlining the definition of a redenomination, then reread your response.

I think you will find clarity.

However, I do appreciate you re- enforcing my point.