Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki receives call from UN Sec Gen. Ban ki Moon, invitation; UN to transfer office out of Baghdad soon

YANNAVIA

Article link

Posted: June 12, 2011 by THE CURRENCY NEWSHOUND - Just Hopin in Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: Baghdad, Ban Ki-Moon, Iraq, kuwait, Maliki, New York, Nouri al-Maliki, United Nations

Maliki received a call from Ban Ki-moon to visit the United Nations .. And the last one decided to move its offices to work in Baghdad

Baghdad (news) .. submitted to Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki’s invitation of UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to visit the United Nations in New York, invited by the Under Ban Ki-component of Sean political Lynn Pascoe, the day to Maliki during a meeting assembled the Office of the latter in Baghdad, Maliki called to strengthen the role of the United Nations in all areas of development in Iraq.

The source said that as prime minister (for news) earlier on Sunday morning that Pascoe made pledges to Iraq Bdan owners.

An official statement said the prime minister received Agency (news) copy of it: that al-Maliki and Pascp discussed the UN role in Iraq, and praised the Prime Minister on the role of the Secretary General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon for his support of Iraq. They also discussed the outstanding issues with Kuwait and the work of the Joint Bilateral Commission between the two countries which is scheduled to meet soon in Baghdad.

The statement said: that al-Maliki Pascoe him a letter from the Secretary-General of the United Nations containing an invitation to visit the United Nations in New York, the Prime Minister expressed his gratitude to the cycle of invitation and promised to perform at the earliest opportunity.

The statement said: The Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations for Political Affairs Lynn Pascoe Hddaly the role of al-Maliki backer of the work of the United Nations in Iraq and directed to allocate a special building of all offices for the UN in Iraq, said Pascoe said the United Nations has decided to transfer all of its offices on Iraq outside Baghdad as soon as.

• Upvote 2

So maybe if the UN is physically closer to the crumbling political/economical situation in Iraq they will be able to get more done? That's very telling that they have to move offices to Baghdad because they're tired of flying back and forth every other week because of the increasingly new issues arising. Well, hopefully with the stigma of the UN influence, literally in their backyard, they'll get to steppin' and hurry up with solidifying their government, important laws, UNSC sanction clean-up, and other various factors so they can get on the path to progress and finish this thing up! Lot's of pretty wallpaper floatin' around out there that needs to be exchanged and make a bunch of private investors McHappy Smiles.

• Upvote 1

I have searched for web for news on UN offices moving to Baghdad. The only article I can find is the one from Currency Newshound. I Googled it and searched the UN website. Nothing but Currency Newshound.

The title on this post is questionable. It states the UN is tranferring out of Baghdad, while the article states they are acquiring offices in Baghdad.

Anybody, please correct me if I am incorrect.