Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UNBELIVABLE

ronnie s

Aswat Al Iraq / Politics , Baghdad

Iraqi Legislature demands United States to compensate Iraq for its military operations

6/11/2011 12:11 PM

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: An Iraqi Legislature, representing the so-called “The White al-Iraqiya Bloc,” has condemned a statement by a U.S.

Congress delegation, now on a visit for Iraq, demanding Baghdad to pay compensations for the war, led by the United States against Iraq in 2003.

The Legislature, Aliya Nuseif, in a statement for Aswat al-Iraq on Saturday, has also demanded the Iraqi government to demand the United States to compensate Iraq for the destruction caused by American military operations against Iraq.

“The White House Administrations have caused several catastrophes in Iraq, since the time of George Bush, the Father, who punished the Iraqi people in 1991 for something they had no guilt for, instead of punishing the former regime, beginning from the war that destroyed Iraq’s infrastructure and through the economic sanctions, that made this oil-rich country suffer from a real hunger,” Nuseif said.

She said that “George Bush Jr’s Administration had invaded Iraq and destroyed what had remained from its infrastructure (in 2003), also without being asked by the Iraqi people, and the thing did not stop at that limit, but America had transferred its war against terrorism to the Iraqi territories, where thousands of innocent Iraqis were killed by American gunfire or terrorist attacks.”

“After all those horrible catastrophes, that took several years, we now see that a number of U.S.

Congressmen demanding compensations for the American invasion of Iraq, without paying any attention for the feelings of Iraqis, who have horribly suffered from the U.S.

policies,” Nuseif said.

She said that her “White al-Iraqiya would gather signatures of Iraq’s Parliament Members on Sunday, to demand the United States to pay compensations for all the material and human losses it had caused for Iraq from 1991 and till today.”

The Iraqi Government’s Official Spokesman, Ali Al-Dabbagh, had stated on Friday that the Iraqi Government had demanded the U.S.

Embassy in Baghdad to ask the visiting Congress Delegation to leave Iraq, in protest to a statement by its members towards the situation of the anti-Tehran Mujahedin El-Khalq Organization, demanding Iraq to pay compensations for what they described as “U.S.

sacrifices in Iraq.”

SKH (FT)

Number of Reads: 171

Print version

Bookmark and Share

OOh...that was heavy....but I agree the congressman is friggin idiot for saying that in the press....I mean dude your in Iraq! HAHAHAHA :lol:

But I see where he's coming from.....So instead of forking over compensation all at once, Iraq could maybe ughh...give us pallets of those special oil Vouchers I keep hearing about worth 33 bucks for a barrel of oil and they should do that for the remainder of their existence for allowing themselves to be ruled by an idiot named Sadam Hussein.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes, i am so insensitive...

okay going to bed now

peace love dope :D

This is easy to remedy. Lets instill al Sadr as their new dictator for life since the GOI can't get their collective s**t together. See how fast they cry for our return when the desert is getting filled with Sunni bodies. All kidding aside, I view this as Iranian propaganda filtered through the GOI over which they hold great influence. However, it is a little bit soon to be going to Baghdad and holding your hands out as if you were back in the USA fleecing our own public. But, had it not been for the sacrifice of our and the few coalition troops, most of the GOI would still either be in Iran or cowering in there homes afraid to say a word that might bring them an invitation to any number of Saddam's or his son's jail's. Enjoy your free speech, Iraq!!!! We paid for it, you enjoy it!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Here's what's funny....Trillions have been spent on the war in Iraq....not to mention the trillions being spent on rebuilding it's infrastructure and oil developments....then Iraq's currency is sold and made available at several US banks and financial institutions as well as dealers...Hillarious is working to get U.S. businesses to move into Iraq...the U.S. is broke....and the world is at our door wanting payments, as well as downgrading our credit status recently in many areas of monetary concerns....the U.S.keeps falling....Iraq keeps rising...the U.S. Dollar keeps falling...the New Iraqi Dinar is'nt neccesarily rising, but it is'nt falling either...it actually has been stuck for almost 3 years at a controlled rate...not allowed to float at whatever rate it could end up being....WHY?....Is it the same reason that the Iraqi war was set up for?....A hidden jewel just waiting to be unveiled?...Is this currency actually just waiting to be released?.....The topic of this article was: "UNBELIVABLE THE REASON FOR THE WAR WAS ALL LIES"....So, with that said, "Is the reason for the currency all lies"...Are we about to see something that will shake the world?..IMO....Don't U.S.policy makers, including Obama, seem less worried about our future than many of the public seemingly are?...Bottom Line: It looks as if the dinar is to seem like a lie itself, or as per being any substance to it...while like the war....it will all be over eventually...just like the war..IMO...And we will see who the liers really are with the currecny as well!

i have heard it said before that all wars are backed by big banks. so tell me why would banks back a war? well if i'm not mistaken a bank is business to make money. so the answer it must be a business decision to make a lot of money for the banks.. and also this war is going to pay for its self. so we shall see.

Edited by nointel

i have heard it said before that all wars are backed by big banks. so tell me why would banks back a war? well if i'm not mistaken a bank is business to make money. so the answer it must be a business decision to make a lot of money for the banks.. and also this war is going to pay for its self. so we shall see.

you got it

And guess who gets to rebuild the infrastructure? Yes!! The same country that blew it up in the first place. War is big business. And war is profitable. Ask **** Cheney. He made a small fortune with his interests in Haliburton.

Bush admits Cheney pushed hard for the attack on a ....sovereign nation that posed zero direct danger to the US. No WMD's and Bush would not have invaded. He now admits it.

Which leaves the reasonable person to deduce by common sense that nearly 100,000 who have died(civilian casualties estimated at 60,000-80,000) and a disseminated country was all a terrible mistake.

OOOPS!! SORRY.

Edited by sheik
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What about the UN..the UN had a say about invadinf Iraq...why is the US solely blamed for this BS...I say that we AMERICANS stop takinf s&!% from these 3rd world countries and put America 1st. NO MORE FOREIGN AID to any Country that disses US.EFF EM :angry:

OOh...that was heavy....but I agree the congressman is friggin idiot for saying that in the press....I mean dude your in Iraq! HAHAHAHA :lol:

But I see where he's coming from.....So instead of forking over compensation all at once, Iraq could maybe ughh...give us pallets of those special oil Vouchers I keep hearing about worth 33 bucks for a barrel of oil and they should do that for the remainder of their existence for allowing themselves to be ruled by an idiot named Sadam Hussein.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes, i am so insensitive...

okay going to bed now

peace love dope :D

I agree with your appraisal of congress as a whole. America has everthing upside-down now.

As for as the Iraqis, you hit the nail on the head, the majority of them have been led by a religeous figure so long they can't think for themselves. I'm glad Sadam is gone, but to think democracy will work in the Middle-east when they are so indoctrinated by Islamist, jihadists war mongers that want all the world to bow down to Islam may be wishful thinking. Not to mention their history of civil war from tribal disputes that have been going on for 4 thousand years. It has took Iraq how long to get their government together? I rest my case.

And guess who gets to rebuild the infrastructure? Yes!! The same country that blew it up in the first place. War is big business. And war is profitable. Ask **** Cheney. He made a small fortune with his interests in Haliburton.

Bush admits Cheney pushed hard for the attack on a ....sovereign nation that posed zero direct danger to the US. No WMD's and Bush would not have invaded. He now admits it.

Which leaves the reasonable person to deduce by common sense that nearly 100,000 who have died(civilian casualties estimated at 60,000-80,000) and a disseminated country was all a terrible mistake.

OOOPS!! SORRY.

I fail to see how a quote common sense individual cannot also see that SADDAM AND HIS CRONIES WERE ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR A HUGE AMOUNT OF INFRASTRUCTURE DAMAGE.Not to mention the terrorist who were blowing much of that country up before we ever entered the picture.This country has never been on par with the industrialized countries of the world period.It is as if all of a sudden its our responsibility to make them equal to the rest of the world.Take a look at their history and you will see much of IRAQ was in poverty conditions before we ever touched the sand.If this ever makes it to the world court we will be proven to be a great and true friend to IRAQ and its people.AND THE TRUTH WILL OUNCE AGAIN SET US FREE.

This is easy to remedy. Lets instill al Sadr as their new dictator for life since the GOI can't get their collective s**t together. See how fast they cry for our return when the desert is getting filled with Sunni bodies. All kidding aside, I view this as Iranian propaganda filtered through the GOI over which they hold great influence. However, it is a little bit soon to be going to Baghdad and holding your hands out as if you were back in the USA fleecing our own public. But, had it not been for the sacrifice of our and the few coalition troops, most of the GOI would still either be in Iran or cowering in there homes afraid to say a word that might bring them an invitation to any number of Saddam's or his son's jail's. Enjoy your free speech, Iraq!!!! We paid for it, you enjoy it!

why install him if we ever leave he will be the dictator anyway.i dont thin k were leaving iraq until iran is no more,we havnt made enough enemys yet..

What about the UN..the UN had a say about invadinf Iraq...why is the US solely blamed for this BS...I say that we AMERICANS stop takinf s&!% from these 3rd world countries and put America 1st. NO MORE FOREIGN AID to any Country that disses US.EFF EM :angry:

Tim,

as I do recall, Bush told the nation that we would go to war with or without the UN's approval.

I'll find link and quote.

not my opinion , just fact.

you got it

Haha... Not so fast now. This war has actually been funded by selling our debts to other countries(mainly China).And since it only represents less than one percent of our GDP,it wasn't quite as costly as the previous major wars."Big Banks" does sound like a great rv stretch theory though.