Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IMHO A LOP IS RIDICULOUS

dre396

IMHO there is about a 1% chance of a lop. who in their right mind is gonna lop their currency and throw away all the potential monetary gains. what i mean is, even if M, A, and S are getting paid in usd, supposedly. you know they are stashing away millions and millions of dinar. it would be totally stupid to make that money more useless then it could be. why would they take $10,000 vs $10,000,000 post RV?(with a 1:1 exchange) it just doesn't make any sense. and yes i do understand that 10 mil now will buy the same as 10k post RV, im talking about having 10 million vs having 10k after this is all done. besides what about the people that had a ton of money in their bank account just before the dinar took a crap, don't u think their gonna want their money back. inflation is to low and it appears they are gonna be in the black pretty quick. i really cant see how they could or would go through with a lop. again this is just MHO

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

IMHO there is about a 1% chance of a lop. who in their right mind is gonna lop their currency and throw away all the potential monetary gains. what i mean is, even if M, A, and S are getting paid in usd, supposedly. you know they are stashing away millions and millions of dinar. it would be totally stupid to make that money more useless then it could be. why would they take $10,000 vs $10,000,000 post RV?(with a 1:1 exchange) it just doesn't make any sense. and yes i do understand that 10 mil now will buy the same as 10k post RV, im talking about having 10 million vs having 10k after this is all done. besides what about the people that had a ton of money in their bank account just before the dinar took a crap, don't u think their gonna want their money back. inflation is to low and it appears they are gonna be in the black pretty quick. i really cant see how they could or would go through with a lop. again this is just MHO

You bring up a good point. Whatever happens to our (speculators) dinar will happen to any and all government officials' dinar holdings...

The dinar didn't suddenly go from $3.22 to toilet paper overnight... That is nothing but a forum myth, and something that anyone that chooses to can look at for themselves - the information is available in the CBI Annual Bulletins (exchange rates are listed under "Price Indicators")... The iraqi dinar took several years to depreciate, which started during the Iran-Iraq war during the 80's. Saddam simply never changed the 'official exchange rate' stated by the CBI, which he controlled after he spent their foreign currency reserves and had to borrow from both Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. After the sanctions were imposed in late 1990, after the Kuwait invasion, the currency went into a severe free fall in regards to value. After Saddam was 'officially' removed from power the actual value of the dinar increased - they simply removed the meaningless 'official rate' that was previously stated.

Right disreguard the articles and the fact that the Iraqi's themselves say that it's going to lop

just keep drinking the kool Aid

where did u find a article from a credible source say 100% iraq will lop? its all speculation at this point. no one knows whats going to happen. i love how im only 99% sure it wont lop but ur 100% sure it will lop and im the one drinking the kool-aid :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

where did u find a article from a credible source say 100% iraq will lop? its all speculation at this point. no one knows whats going to happen. i love how im only 99% sure it wont lop but ur 100% sure it will lop and im the one drinking the kool-aid :lol:

What part of Iraq are you currently in and talking to the locals daily?

Just Askin'

It was decades ago when the dinar took a crap.....so its not like they were all wealthy beyond belief before we invaded.....your 10k vs 10mil theory is just a monetary illusion....they dont lose anything because the value would be higher with the new 10k after a RD so in reality they dont lose anything.....its not all about inflation either just to let you know...there are other reasons countries lop besides hyperinflation contrary to what the gurus tell you.....not to mention, most countries when they lop, they do it AFTER periods of hyperinflation when things stabilize....thats the time when it would become most successful....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I won't say exactly But I am in the vicinity of Baghdad

I know you are there. I use you as an anchor point for a lot of this stuff.

I was questioning the other poster, trying to see if he had first hand knowledge to back up his prediction 99% sure it won' t do what he understands to be a LOP ( whatever that is).

When/if small denoms are released, it will signal the start of a process that may take considerable time to equalize conditions to the point that a RV may happen.

While I don' know what a LOP is, if there is a classic definition of the term, or if one size LOP fits all, I also don't believe it is possible for all the progress leading up to an ultimate RV to happen in the blink of an eye.

There are a number of verifiable premises...

1170 is an artificial program rate used to provide stability in controlling inflation

Currency auctions are used to achieve the balance of reserves Shabibi feels necessary, while attempting to balance the liabilities of future monetary decisions.

3zero notes were introduced to offset hyper inflation of years gone by, and must be "unwound" before an official RV can be announced

There has to be a mechanism to balance the value of the notes in circulation with the future value of notes to be introduced.

At some point, it will have to be decided which notes will be withdrawn, and how that procedure will be executed.

If the complex solution that addresses the above premises is a LOP, then it is what it is.

It is an easy term to remember to point to a set of conditions we neither understand, or know the outcome.

Some here just don't consider what has to be completed prior to Iraq letting their currency rise in value on t.he open market.

They can continue dealing in USD until the USD collapses. There is nothing requiring them to do anything, other than changing the term program rate to exchange rate.

I think it is more likely they will choose the revenue neutral route of RD, followed by eventual RV, but there is nothing that requires either.

You call it a LOP, I look at as a more complex set of benchmarks, all relying on working together, executed with proper timing, and introduced only when beneficial to Iraq.

If you can process all of that and squeeze into a LOP, you probably better start writing a thesis paper to update the definition.

I know the term, LOP saves a lot of effort typing an actual process, but these shortcuts tend to shed a lot of meaning along the way...

Right disreguard the articles and the fact that the Iraqi's themselves say that it's going to lop

just keep drinking the kool Aid

Yup - because if they were going to straight up adjust their exchange rates to re-value their currency against the USD they would inform EVERYONE, right? Especially their people. They would be sending that little notice to the entire world.. Come buy our currency at X prices, so we can pay you at Y price and lose in the end...

The re-denominations are safe-bet articles... Helps prevent speculative purchases and could be a real option.

But, I find it "funny" how some are so set on the idea this "WILL" R/D when the CBI can easily push those articles w/o fear of speculators putting a run on the bank.

We can see it R/D or R/V, and they have yet to do either...... Maybe they'll never do either & let the IQD rise in value slowly over time. Who knows... <-- That is the point, nobody truly knows