Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Election time, Nominate your Mods here.

skelllley

however it has been done in the past would be irrelevant, the Moderators and administrators would have to have some kind of authority or else they would be just a name and figurehead and no one would pay them any attention if they dont have some kind of authority and control

I agree with the fact that, unless a moderator has some authority to protect the integrity of the chat room and it's users, just a title will probably not do too much good.

That being said, I have volunteered to help and have already spoken with Adam about this. Also, I thank all of you that support my "ability" to help make the chat room the best and most useful place it can be for all of us.

;)

i don't care who the mods are, but something has to be done about the chats. considering what's happend in the past week, the chat has become a zoo and a joke...absolutely no order. it's nice that no one gets banned or booted, but some in chat are way out of hand and make it a complete mess.

I didn't think anyone could get kicked, booted, whatever, on this site.

99% of the content on this site is still going to be uncensored... but when someone comes in chat pretending to have me or another admin on the phone, or starts spouting vulgarities... that needs to be moderated.

So, although free speech will still reign, idiocy must be dealt with appropriately.

Let me make one official announcement: any mod who ever chooses to boot because of a personal difference with a member, either by belief or personality, will be terminated from the position of moderator. I expect all mods to act with an impeccable degree of fairness.

• Upvote 3

So, what are the new duties of these mods? I agree that the free speech is good, but that things get insane, hence my request to have the info posted. I also understand that having someone impersonate Adam, etc is absolutely not acceptable. But...what are the mods responsibilities and how much authority are they to be given. What consequences will there be for rule breakers, and what, exactly, are the rules to be since things will be changing.

Please don't misunderstand, I think having some control over the site is a GOOD thing. But we all need to understand what is expected and what the consequences will be.

Thanks.