Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Election time, Nominate your Mods here.

skelllley

So, what are the new duties of these mods? I agree that the free speech is good, but that things get insane, hence my request to have the info posted. I also understand that having someone impersonate Adam, etc is absolutely not acceptable. But...what are the mods responsibilities and how much authority are they to be given. What consequences will there be for rule breakers, and what, exactly, are the rules to be since things will be changing.

Please don't misunderstand, I think having some control over the site is a GOOD thing. But we all need to understand what is expected and what the consequences will be.

Thanks.

Your question is very valid, thank you for asking.

Mods will:

Control Spam.

Encourage respect.

Enforce rules as they become a part of the board and community.

I know this is a very short list, but at the moment I believe we do not need a lengthy list filled with fine print.

As issues arise, we will deal with them.

I think sonny and adam need to re-think their policy. Every time dinarrv comes on, it brings the worst out of everybody (and rightfully so). We need some kind of control.

If there is a Mod in the room and dinarrv starts anything out of line, he will be dealt with. Trust me on that one.

99% of the content on this site is still going to be uncensored... but when someone comes in chat pretending to have me or another admin on the phone, or starts spouting vulgarities... that needs to be moderated.

So, although free speech will still reign, idiocy must be dealt with appropriately.

Let me make one official announcement: any mod who ever chooses to boot because of a personal difference with a member, either by belief or personality, will be terminated from the position of moderator. I expect all mods to act with an impeccable degree of fairness.

"but when someone comes in chat pretending to have me or another admin on the phone, or starts spouting vulgarities... that needs to be moderated." This is absolutely correct and is the crux of the matter. Wild cards should not be able to upset the very intelligent conversations that are going on and get the whole ship out of balance. Will the moderator have the tools to do the job right? I nominate 34Dean and TerryK.

from what I've heard, the "dinarrv" person can simply be banned permanently. At this time, it appears that the mods have given him one last chance.

Thank you to all who gave input on this matter. I believe we have a good staff in place and every one of them has my confidence.

In my opinion, he is down 0-2 in the count, with 2 outs and his team down 5-0 in the 9th inning. Ohh, one more thing... Mariano Rivera is on the hill.

I vote for 34Dean, TerryK, IDQ09, Bumper, Pbraly, and Zigmaster. I believe that with everyones schedules scattered over a 24hr period it would be better to have @ least six people who can mod as needed and overlap when needed. This will help smooth out the flow for the most part. IMO. I know we are ALL ready for the RV/RI so that we can all keep going here and start discussing investments among all of the other things already discuss. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Holiday IRAQ HOLIDAYS

Date

New Year's Day

1-Jan

Army Day / 1921

6-Jan

Prophet's Birthday

* 28-Feb

Spring Day

21-Mar

Falling of the regime