Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Something's going on

TonyDownTheShore

Hey Tony... just replied to Andy3978 about the same thing, he just posted:

Andy, I have bought from TD here in NJ too, and wasn't planning on buying more... I'm good to go. My feeling on the banks is that yes, it is not lucrative enough for them anymore at this time. Perhaps it has run it's course, bank after bank. But also, as I recall on my purchase statements... they always covered themselves with a disclaimer about the currency not being sold as an investment. Not that it can't be an investment... but as far as they were concerned, it was being sold as an exchange, for travel purposes. But, what I did with it once I purchased was none of their business. Now, the corporate decision makers may feel it has just turned into too much of an investment device, and simply decided not to handle it anymore... as we know many banks never even ventured that far. And/Or, as we all wish to believe... dinar is becoming difficult/bothersome to procure, and that they truly have an inkling that something, one way or another, may be happening soon. Mind you all... I said inkling!!! :D

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/user/20836-jaxinjersey/#ixzz1Od42yRAn

Call me crazy but if the bank puts on the receipt that the currency was N0T sold as an investment, how can you possibly be taxed when you cash out?

Edited by thompson25

Call me crazy but if the bank puts on the receipt that the currency was N0T sold as an investment, how can you possibly be taxed when you cash out?

Just because it is advised not to be purchased as an investment, and that the bank views your purchase as a simple exchange... doesn't mean that once you own it and possess it... it can't TURN INTO an investment, especially after an RV. I'm sure that on most other currency exchange receipts, the same disclaimer is there. It just covers the bank a little better legally, that they are in the business of exchanging funds for their own profit... not yours.

I work for a bank and when I was looking at getting into this investment, 3 months ago, I called our forgein currency department. They told me they had stopped selling Dinars a while back becuase the value was too low. I also called my branck for BBVA Compass and they told me the same thing.

I dont think the fact that the banks have stopped selling means anything other than they are getting on board with the other banks that stopped a while back.

Your right! something is going and its a lot of people sittin around thinkin about, when are these dinars going to RV! thats whats going on! that be whats going on!!!! everybody sittin around a computer like a bunch of buzzards waitin for something to die. that what be going on!!!! next question! GO RV!!!

• Upvote 1

I have been a member for a while and I hear all the time the banks have stopped selling. And yet it's still available. How could that be?

Simple answer is nobody really knows what's going on. Remember people can make up any Intel but it's not making it materialize any faster. All we can do is be patience. It's going to happen!!!!!!

some banks a re telling us that the only reason they hold foreign currency is to supply actual travellers, who are intending to visit the country that the currency belongs to.

it was never in their policy to provide PHYSICAL foreign currency as an investment vehicle....so some banks have pulled the pin on this.

i reckon, though...if you had tickets to fly to Iraq on business or vacation (woohoo!)...that the bank WOULD give you Dinar to travel with. JMHO

I bought/ordered D's from TD in FL recently (8/31 & 6/5), and have yet to receive them. I usually have them in 2-4 days.

At my recent purchase on Sunday there were no other customers in the bank so I asked the weekend manager what they thought about D's (I know, don't bash me, but if you had the chance to engage her in conversation you probably would too).

In short she explained that TD was quite busy last fall and winter selling D's to anyone who wanted them, but eventually stopped. Her explanation for this was that it was too difficult to keep track of where the D's went. They have started selling again to account holders.

My thought on the delay in getting the D's is that it more difficult to get large notes now (good sign I think).

(For the record, TD sells at $1056.22/M)

I believe in RV at the rate prior to DV + 20% ($3.22+$0.64=$3.86+/-), hopefully before 6/30/11. (I can understand how they might introduce it in smaller steps starting under $1).

Okay, I hope posting this hasn't ruined my "Reputation", but that is what has recently happened to me.

• Upvote 2

Yes, you've got our attention - what are you hearing out of the round building in our Capital?

Forreal what kind of person dangles candy in front of a kids face then walks away.

Texas d00d give us some hope please.

I really don't want to have to use these dinar notes as toilet paper.

• Upvote 1

I think I've heard enough to say "I think something is going on!" It might be good or bad.......just saying. :unsure:

Forreal what kind of person dangles candy in front of a kids face then walks away.

Texas d00d give us some hope please.

I really don't want to have to use these dinar notes as toilet paper.

They work great. I'm hoping to clog the de la rue machine. :P

• Upvote 1

So do we have any banks or any deales still selling. If the sells have stopped it seems so should all the 'bad rumors' and 'bank stories'.... JMO

There is very positive talk coming out of the big building in the capitol city of Texas right now regarding the rv....it sounds to be very close.

Care to expound on your information.

Isn't Texas also considering leaving the Union??

Another untrue bank story Here we go again

alston82 you said that when i told everyone about bb&t not selling anymore and said i was full of b.s. and called me a pumper in the chat room. but i guess you realize now that bb&t did quit selling dinars. im still waiting for an apology. just sayin

• Upvote 1