Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Here we go....This is just my thought on where the heck are we really...?

I stopped reading the rumors...Nothing they have said...Repeat...Nothing they have said...Has happened!

Soooo, where are we...?

Now, I think/believe they have to seat their GOI...?

They are still under Chapter VII...(or at least part of it)

Iraq is trying to join the WTO...

They need to finish the "Erbil Agreement"

And this is where everything becomes a blur to me...

From what I have heard, Iraq needs to get these things done before June 30th, 2011...(or that is what I keep reading)

My question is do they absolutely, positively...Have to do this before the expiration of the DFI....

My second question is, Do they absolutely, positively have to RV before June 30th..?

Now, it seems logical to me that they need to...

Here is the BIG part...I have only heard posters say they HAVE to RV before the Deadline of June 30th...

And Yes, we heard Shabibi say "SOON"...(what does that mean)

Now from what I understand, after the deadline some of the oil procedes will go to pay debts...Can they pay them in Dollars?

Meaning, Could they keep the Dinar at its current level and pay everybody off in USD...? Delaying the RV.???

I want them to RV just as much as the rest of you! Seems logical..?

My problem is, I have only seen posts/posters say Iraq HAS to do this or THEY HAVE to do that before June 30th!

Is there an concrete proof that they have to do anything we think before June 30th.....??

I keep hearing about deadlines and it seems the Iraqi's are not on the same page as we are...?

Everyting is spectulation...Right?

Maybe I missed a post...I try to read as much as I can and I check a few news sites....I rely on DV for most of my info...

All I want to know is where is the evidence that Iraq HAS to do all these things before June 30th...?

Again, I believe they should, but apparently I think different then they do!

AM I missing something?

Edited by Mr.Nobody
  • Upvote 1

No, they don't HAVE to do anything. It is all speculation. Nobody has any idea what they are going to do.

I have a feeling when June 30th comes around and there is still no RV, a lot of people are going to be extremely discouraged and possibly decide to sell their dinar. Don't get me wrong, I'm counting on the RV happening this month also, so I sure hope it does. If not, I won't be giving up; I'm in until the end no matter what Iraq decides to do.

• Upvote 2

I am in it for the long run also, not as long as some obviously....

I just won't be checking in as often after 4th of July if there's no RV by then :unsure:

But I am not selling!

Edited by crnamiss

No way am I selling...not unless Iraq becomes a glass desert or run by the Iranians!! I agree that they don't HAVE to do anything. However they are moving in that direction based on laws and policies....depsite the schizophrenic headlines.

Edited by Psych

I have a feeling when June 30th comes around and there is still no RV, a lot of people are going to be extremely discouraged and possibly decide to sell their dinar.

End Quote

Are we talking June 30th 2011 or...?

Yes, June 30th, 2011...My question is, "Do they HAVE to do all these things before June 30th, 2011 DFI deadline"???

It seems they are not on the same timetable as we are..?

Furthermore, I have yet to read anything other than posts that say they HAVE to do this or that before the deadlin...?

I have a feeling when June 30th comes around and there is still no RV, a lot of people are going to be extremely discouraged and possibly decide to sell their dinar.

End Quote

Are we talking June 30th 2011 or...?

Agreed. this is a long term speculation. If you only bought what you could afford you should have staying power. I am encouraged by all the stories of LOP's in Parliament. I believe they are smoke screens and disinformation that politicians are famous for.

• Upvote 2

I figure about a 95% chance will RV by end of year, and maybe 70% chance by June 30th 2011. I will have some stacks of 800 dollars for a million dinars, if it does not RV by June 30th! If a lot of takers may have to seel something else ;-]]

Hello Everyone,

I am with all of you! While my wife is convinced this is all a scam (just doing a Google search will convince you of that!), and I surely hope this all happens by June 30, 2011, I firmly believe that the revalue of the dinar WILL HAPPEN. We just do not know when and for how much. What I continually tell my wife is that it does not make sense that a country with one of the largest oil reserves in the world has a currency worth 1/10 of a penny. That to me is an indisputable fact! The US devalued the currency in 2003 with the full intention of it being revalued once a secure, sustainable Iraqi government was in place. We are almost there!

I was listening to Brietling's blog today and he was asked the question as to when Iraq would no longer be able to sustain their current rate of spending without a revaluation of the dinar. Brietling did not know the answer to that question but promised to research it. At some point the money loaned to Iraq by the IMF will run out, and oil revenue alone will not be enough to operate the country and pay all the contracts they have signed and continue to sign. At some point they will have to revalue the dinar to remain solvent. Most likely they will wait until the very last minute to do this!

I often speculate that the RV will be deliberately held back until after June 30 to shake out a lot of the speculators, and once most of them "throw in the towel" they will RV. Perhaps that is a paranoid point of view but I do think it is possible. Either that or as Adam suggests, the initial RV will come in low and those us that are desperate will gladly cash in a 10 cents, and then they will RV higher in a few months and we will want to hang ourselves. What a great ride we are on!

Have a great night!

• Upvote 2

Hello Everyone,

I am with all of you! While my wife is convinced this is all a scam (just doing a Google search will convince you of that!), and I surely hope this all happens by June 30, 2011, I firmly believe that the revalue of the dinar WILL HAPPEN. We just do not know when and for how much. What I continually tell my wife is that it does not make sense that a country with one of the largest oil reserves in the world has a currency worth 1/10 of a penny. That to me is an indisputable fact! The US devalued the currency in 2003 with the full intention of it being revalued once a secure, sustainable Iraqi government was in place. We are almost there!

I was listening to Brietling's blog today and he was asked the question as to when Iraq would no longer be able to sustain their current rate of spending without a revaluation of the dinar. Brietling did not know the answer to that question but promised to research it. At some point the money loaned to Iraq by the IMF will run out, and oil revenue alone will not be enough to operate the country and pay all the contracts they have signed and continue to sign. At some point they will have to revalue the dinar to remain solvent. Most likely they will wait until the very last minute to do this!

I often speculate that the RV will be deliberately held back until after June 30 to shake out a lot of the speculators, and once most of them "throw in the towel" they will RV. Perhaps that is a paranoid point of view but I do think it is possible. Either that or as Adam suggests, the initial RV will come in low and those us that are desperate will gladly cash in a 10 cents, and then they will RV higher in a few months and we will want to hang ourselves. What a great ride we are on!

Have a great night!

While it is true that they have to RV their currency at some point the question is how they go about doing it. Hate to bring up the dreaded LOP word again but it is a possibility. As a matter of fact I think a large overnight RV is not only unlikely but impossible. There is simply too much IQD in circulation. Hopefully the LOP option gets shot down or is smoke and a slow gradual rise of the exchange rate is the way they go.

PS. I personally wouldnt put too much stock in what Breitling says. He has an agenda larger than his own ego.

Edited by dinarck

Yes, June 30th, 2011...My question is, "Do they HAVE to do all these things before June 30th, 2011 DFI deadline"???

It seems they are not on the same timetable as we are..?

Furthermore, I have yet to read anything other than posts that say they HAVE to do this or that before the deadlin...?

Agreed. That's frustrating allright........

I also think that it will RV at some point. Whether or not the dreaded LOP appears, the question in my mind is: how could a country with a grossly undervalued currency make a bunch of people millionaires? It doesn't make good sense. One argument it would enrich the UST. But who would perform the work? A bunch of millionaires that had little or nothing before? The working class wouldn't sweat and pick up garbage or bag groceries..... Just something to think about.

One thing to remember is this...

The laundry list of items that need to be checked off / completed before a supposed revaluation is set to occur has been made up and modified over time according to the opinions of those who have done major research and speculation into this. So, again, it is an opinion, and in no way should it be taken as fact or expectation of anything official from the Iraqi side of the equation. If Shabibi were to release a document with official CBI stamp on it that listed the things needed to be completed before he could push a revaluation through and announce it to the world, there would be no need of these forums or secret guru-like personalities that we have now. Just sayin'... Take it with a grain of salt as you would any other rumor, just think about the origins of it and use your own due diligence and logic to deduce if those things matter.

More, I think there has already been a RV of sorts with the fact that new, smaller denims coming out as a matter of practical necessity. No way I can see functioning without some sort of smaller fractional negotiable instruments, ie coins or smaller demons like 1, 5, etc dinar.....perhaps .10, .25 or others. What do you think?

• Upvote 1

One thing to remember is this...

The laundry list of items that need to be checked off / completed before a supposed revaluation is set to occur has been made up and modified over time according to the opinions of those who have done major research and speculation into this. So, again, it is an opinion, and in no way should it be taken as fact or expectation of anything official from the Iraqi side of the equation. If Shabibi were to release a document with official CBI stamp on it that listed the things needed to be completed before he could push a revaluation through and announce it to the world, there would be no need of these forums or secret guru-like personalities that we have now. Just sayin'... Take it with a grain of salt as you would any other rumor, just think about the origins of it and use your own due diligence and logic to deduce if those things matter.

I agree TQueezy! They have a laundry list of things to do before they RV....I like what you are saying! I hear and read so much and then upon reflection it turns out to be simply spectulation....I hope the true gurus of these sites are right and that we should be there soon....I have just not seen anything other than speculation...It does, however, make a lot of sense to me that they should push the button before June 30th....Here's to Hope! And of course they are not going to anounce anything...My original post was just to put in perspective that June 30th is not set in stone and I hope my fellow posters don't lose faith if it does not happen before June 30th....I was falling for all the "Deadline" hype and then realize it was our deadline...Plus 1 for your post!

And to the posters that bring up the LOP or NOLOP...I got into the discussion before and I try to avoid that topic...I just don't know how they are going to pull this off!

More, I think there has already been a RV of sorts with the fact that new, smaller denims coming out as a matter of practical necessity. No way I can see functioning without some sort of smaller fractional negotiable instruments, ie coins or smaller demons like 1, 5, etc dinar.....perhaps .10, .25 or others. What do you think?

Well, honestly...I have not heard they released anything yet....Here about a month ago they talked about the smart cards..? I still don't know for sure what they are actually doing in Iraq..?

If they have released all these notes and coins that is a good thing...Right..?

Has anybody heard anything about the release or as above, "coming out" of any new currency?

Edited by Mr.Nobody

I also think that it will RV at some point. Whether or not the dreaded LOP appears, the question in my mind is: how could a country with a grossly undervalued currency make a bunch of people millionaires? It doesn't make good sense. One argument it would enrich the UST. But who would perform the work? A bunch of millionaires that had little or nothing before? The working class wouldn't sweat and pick up garbage or bag groceries..... Just something to think about.

Look to the USA, how many people would not have to work if our currency got revalued by 1000 times. Lots of folks are living paycheck to paycheck. Our real unemployment rate is almost 20%. We have some folks that can not work do to physical conditions, some who are on drugs, some who do not want to get off welfare, but our country would still have lots of workers if this happened here. JMHO :P:P:P

Edited by Kanga

I agree TQueezy! They have a laundry list of things to do before they RV....I like what you are saying! I hear and read so much and then upon reflection it turns out to be simply spectulation....I hope the true gurus of these sites are right and that we should be there soon....I have just not seen anything other than speculation...It does, however, make a lot of sense to me that they should push the button before June 30th....Here's to Hope! And of course they are not going to anounce anything...My original post was just to put in perspective that June 30th is not set in stone and I hope my fellow posters don't lose faith if it does not happen before June 30th....I was falling for all the "Deadline" hype and then realize it was our deadline...Plus 1 for your post!

And to the posters that bring up the LOP or NOLOP...I got into the discussion before and I try to avoid that topic...I just don't know how they are going to pull this off!

One thing I know is this...

I've felt like since I first joined this roller coaster ride that I've had the wool pulled over my eyes. Literally, I feel like someone has turned out the lights in the room I'm in when it comes to knowledge about this whole thing. We get whispers in the dark about whether something is true or required before WTO membership, or RV deadlines and IMF and DFI funds and all that stuff... but nothing in any of the documents can specifically link what everyone seems to be thinking is concrete and perfect evidence of an impending RV to the actual event of an RV. Sorry Scooter, I love the way you put your research together with all the fancy boxes with football play markings and exclamatory remarks about ridiculous things on the horizon, and I wish they were all too true in the context presented (trust me, if I were in a board meeting and you were presenting the summary of profits and future investments, I would give you a raise outright). But, the bottom line is that all the pretty colors and genius discoveries of documents in three-letter agency archives and public access databases cannot disguise the fact that nowhere, in any of this "evidence" does it specifically outline a revaluation of the Iraqi dinar. Sure, there is mention of changing the value or making it worth more, but they don't say how they will do that, whether they can, or even more important, whether they will. Sorry to be a negative nerd, but it's important for me to play devil's advocate with myself in an open expressive way so I can come to terms with it if nothing were to come of this. Just sayin'...

One thing I know is this...

I've felt like since I first joined this roller coaster ride that I've had the wool pulled over my eyes. Literally, I feel like someone has turned out the lights in the room I'm in when it comes to knowledge about this whole thing. We get whispers in the dark about whether something is true or required before WTO membership, or RV deadlines and IMF and DFI funds and all that stuff... but nothing in any of the documents can specifically link what everyone seems to be thinking is concrete and perfect evidence of an impending RV to the actual event of an RV. Sorry Scooter, I love the way you put your research together with all the fancy boxes with football play markings and exclamatory remarks about ridiculous things on the horizon, and I wish they were all too true in the context presented (trust me, if I were in a board meeting and you were presenting the summary of profits and future investments, I would give you a raise outright). But, the bottom line is that all the pretty colors and genius discoveries of documents in three-letter agency archives and public access databases cannot disguise the fact that nowhere, in any of this "evidence" does it specifically outline a revaluation of the Iraqi dinar. Sure, there is mention of changing the value or making it worth more, but they don't say how they will do that, whether they can, or even more important, whether they will. Sorry to be a negative nerd, but it's important for me to play devil's advocate with myself in an open expressive way so I can come to terms with it if nothing were to come of this. Just sayin'...

Again, I agree with you! I went back and looked over the document that was going around that was 71 pages long, (the IMF document), and everybody said go to this page or that page and it says this...Well I was looking it over earlier and what I read said they are happy with the fact that the dinar is stable and they were not changing it...Now...before anybody out there gets excited about that...I am just saying that is what it said...We all have heard what Shabibi said about changing the value soon...I am not trying to say either way...Just agreeing with TQueezy that I have not seen any documentation that has them under a time frame to do anything or HOW they are going to do it...(which is to be expected)

Oh, and by the way! I am for unicorns, rainbows and koolade! I do want to be an instant millionaire!

Edited by Mr.Nobody

Hello Everyone,

Question: If 20,000 investors sell their dinar, to who do they sell it to? Everyone to whom they sell dinar will keep it until the RV. Banks, investors, groups, dinar sellers who buy dinar back will all wait and sell. Even if the 20,000 "throw in the towel" there will still be 20,000 ready to take the dinar! Just hold on and the reward will be there.

From what I have read and seen I don't think even Iraq knows what they are doing.

I think they know what they are trying to do.

Maybe want to do.

But with all the bickering like little boys having to clean ther room.

It sure doesn't look like they know what they are doing.

Like too many cheifs and not enough indians.

Or in Iraq case too many Shieks and not enough trained sand fleas. :blink:

Edited by GreenLantern

The US devalued the currency in 2003 with the full intention of it being revalued once a secure, sustainable Iraqi government was in place.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/69584-re-thoughtification/#ixzz1OZEuxsf3

The currency was already devalued by war and sanctions before the new currency was put in place. The old Saddam currency was too easily counterfeited.