Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

American Airlines

Yep, if ya can't beat the big boys because they fight dirty, tell your story and dish out the dirt! They bought off my doctors, they bought off my law firm, and now I plan on pencil whipping them. I will tell my crazy story of working for them for the past 11 years. I am halfway through my first rough draft and the truth is definitely stranger than fiction. I haven't shopped it yet, bet am confident it will be picked up. Look for a book titled, "Flying the not so friendly skies", Everything you never wanted to know about the airlines and some things you do. I can't wait to get it out. They got me, now it will be their turn. :P

I hope it sounds interesting enough... and if you only knew...

Input???

One of the stories... Was when I hired on we were split into full-timers and part-timers. In this particular segment, we as part-timers were always handed the short end of the stick. On one particular day, we got a new employee, he was fresh out of the airforce. We had an inbound flight to work at the same time the full-timers decided to take their lunch to avoid the flight. This new guy had already made the guy, that was supposed to be training him angry, so his training in the inbound flight was dropped on us part-timers. The plane was about to hit the gate, and we only had three of us to work the flight. We discussed it and decided we would help out the new rookie. We approached the young guy to give him a heads up. We had decided he was going to dump the lavs, toilet juice, because it happened to be the job that none of the rest of us wanted to do, besides he was the rookie, the lowest on the ladder of seniority. When we approached him, he turned and stated, " there is nothing you can tell me that I don't already know. I have worked for the largest airline in the world, the United States Airforce. I most probably know more than every ground worker here at this airport put together, so don't waist my time explaining anything to me that I already know. You just tell me what to do and then go away. I plan on keeping this job just business and when pertaining to me, suggest you do the same." I thought fine you ass, ok then, "You dump the lavs". What he didn't know and should have humbled himself just a little bit in order to keep things amicable was that each station is like being a player and a fan of a sports team. There are constantly things that we would do to the other teams to try to stress our pranks as fans were better than theirs. Dallas was our biggest rivalry and that happened to be where this plane was coming from.

The plane came in as the new guy took the lav cart to dump it. He waited until we dumped the plane and set it up for the later on-load. As we finished the plane and were walking back to the breakroom, he comes driving the lav-cart around to the side of the plane to position it directly under the lav-door that accesses the dump-valves for the toilets. He gets off the tractor used to pull the lav-cart and looks back at us with a sheepish grin, you know the one, it says I beat you idiots out of doing some of my work. What he would have learned had he been more amicable was that Dallas rigged the lav-doors to drop lav juice when the lav-door is opened. The toilet water has blue chemicals in it that will stain your skin blue if it gets on you. His first mistake was to stand directly under that door as he went to push the release button on the door after laughing at us. We all decided to sit outside the breakroom and watch the show. What happened next... the door flew open and a deluge of overly ripe, "blue juice" blew out in that man as he stood directly under that door. They had not only rigged the valve to drop a small amount of juice, but had found a way to rig it all the way open! It hit him like a tidal-wave! As the last little bit blew out, he was still standing directly under the door with his arm still fully extended.... The face shield didn't help one bit. He turned around seeing all of us laughing until tears were forming in our eyes. The guy was the color of a smurf, with bits of toilet-paper all in his hair, on his clothes... he was looking at us and his mouth was moving with nothing coming out, arm still being extended... on closer inspection of his uniform, we saw the cudegra... it was the biggest turd I had ever seen hanging out of his breast pocket... Needless to say, that was his first and last day. The moral of the story, listen to what the people around you have to say before dismissing it first. You may gain some valuable information, or you may not, but it is always better to have the choice to be safe than sorry. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Sorry Yannivia... a woman probably won't appreciate some of the humor. There were lots of shinanigans... I worked the job for flight benefits to stay a part of my children's lives. I also will be giving some flying tips, my experience during 9/11, I was one seat away from being on one of those planes that hit the towers... there are some funny stories, some serious parts and some informative parts. It tells the story of what some men will do and go through to remain a part of their children's lives. The truth isn't always pretty.

• Upvote 1

Humility is so much more powerful than pride. Why does it take us so long to learn it.

amazing how the "ego" works to keep us in a place of pride and overconfidence --- at the end of the day I so much prefer being humbled than right or wrong :)

There were times while being on the planes that I knew we were done... Where it wasn't, "God, please don't let me die", but instead, "God, please don't let it hurt".

Recently flew to AZ and used 2 different carriers because of scheduling issues --- the experiences were totally dichotomous in most every respect --- and I will admit to having become nervous watching some obviously foreign female passengers cross themselves with every bump during some turbulence.

I am not assured about the fact my daughter is a frequent flyer ---

So would you be interested in reading compiled stories of one persons experience?

This is not meant to be a criticism at all, for it is my wildest dream to some day write a book --- but I would highly suggest some guidance as you move forward --- and before you send it to anywhere have someone help you with some edits :)

But of course, bring on the stories --- sharing our personal experiences helps us all broaden our awareness --- there are many blog spots which afford you the endless opportunity for writing -- maybe a good idea, then post the link here --- would be much easier to read I think :)

blessings

pvS

So would you be interested in reading compiled stories of one persons experience?

Yes... but don't give it all away here!!! Stay a bit on the down low Spike... just some friendly marketing advice. Best of luck to you!

Ha ha! That's a funny story Spike! When this RV happens, you'll have plenty of time to finish the book if you haven't already! Thanks for the laugh! :)

"Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall. " (Pr.16:18)

Great Story, I laughed till i got tears in my eyes!

What about a compilation of short stories, kind of like a Reader's Digest? You could even solicit real life stories from other people, humorous and heart warming, even exposes, providing the authors can document the truthfulness. You could compile and publish very quickly as an ebook people could buy and download on their laptop or Kindle. Good Luck!