Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Does Spelling really matter?

Candinar

Like it or not, the way a person speaks, writes and spells reveals volumes about themselves (i.e. their ethnic origins, geographical region of upbringing, level and quality of education, etc.). There are forensic experts that specialize on writing who analyze documents produced by people in order to provide a profile of the author. Back in the '70s, I had a basic course in this area as part of a forensics class that I took. It's amazing what stuck with me from that course. To this day, I can still match an unsigned document with the author if I'm acquainted with the author. The most helpful rule that I learned was very simple. People generally write the way they talk.

Where I work, it is not uncommon (not necessarily good, mind you) for a written communication to be returned to the writer for corrections before the document is even considered. One of the big reasons is that the original document is often forwarded as is and any errors will reflect on the last sender.

Regards.

No I guess spelling does not matter. I am not sure why we were taught spelling in school.

Manners, though taught by most parents don't seem to matter anymore either. Why sweat the small, civilized things.

• Upvote 1

No I guess spelling does not matter. I am not sure why we were taught spelling in school.

Manners, though taught by most parents don't seem to matter anymore either. Why sweat the small, civilized things.

Dave... if THAT is not sarcasm... it's spoken like a true Mets fan!!! Hahahahahahahahaha GO YANKS!!! :D

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Just too many people bashing for a spelling error, trivial isn't it.

Does spelling really matter................................O...U812ohmy.gif

• Downvote 1

It's not knowing how to spell basic words that really shows you as ignorant (not just an occasional mistake). These are second and third grade spelling words.

to, too, lose (not loose), their, there, they're, your, you're, where, were,does

And please, don't say bare with me;-we are not getting naked together (it's bear with me).

It's like I told my kids- the way you know a person is a bum is by their outward appearance. It's the same with the written word.

And yes, of course there is an exception for people from other countries and people with dyslexia, and the occasional typo but they are easily distinguished.

But people who misspell the above words do so repeatedly.

• Upvote 4

Do you speak tagalog? Just curious.

OO kasabout sa estoria

Do you speak tagalog? Just curious.

mostly vasia

It's not knowing how to spell basic words that really shows you as ignorant (not just an occasional mistake). These are second and third grade spelling words.

to, too, lose (not loose), their, there, they're, your, you're, where, were,does

And please, don't say bare with me;-we are not getting naked together (it's bear with me).

It's like I told my kids- the way you know a person is a bum is by their outward appearance. It's the same with the written word.

And yes, of course there is an exception for people from other countries and people with dyslexia, and the occasional typo but they are easily distinguished.

You forgot (two) and my two cents TwoCents.gif are. That we as Americans, do not have any room to suggest or depict spelling and grammar to any body since We turned all this in to what we wanted it to be. It was not broke ,but we still fixed it.

hahahahablush.gif

Well done! I really like this post -- most definitely (NOT definately).

TS

I believe in the RV; I don't believe in the cult.

• Upvote 2