Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure -

Qman

I posted this on my facebook a couple days ago. hooboy, was that a fun time.

I actually support this. It seems fair enough. The state reimburses you for the test if the results are clean, if not...well you get no welfare. I don't think its too much to ask that if you intend to live off the US' dime that you stay clean.

I seem to do alright staying employed and out of jail and I don't do drugs. I'm sure there are plenty of folks on welfare who don't do drugs. I don't see how this expectation is too much to ask of the general public.

Drugs are illegal, you shouldn't do them if you're living off food stamps of if you race robot giraffes around your own private stadium. To expect folks to be and stay clean is something so basic, to argue against it seems silly to me.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

So, why is this an affront to someone on gov't subsities?

Those of us with jobs are mandated with drug screenings... so, if I'm on wefare I sould be exempt?

I call BS and more power to Fla!

Anyone over the age of 14 should have random testing IMHO.

Wanna hit? Get a job.

I'm just sayin'

• Upvote 5

Exactly. I think anytime that your argument is, "that's unfair because if I want to do crack, I should be able to do crack," you need to be hauled down a gravel road by a wild horse.

Or meth, or bath salts, or any of the other stupid crap people do. If your kicks require more than a 6 pack or can't be mixed with soda, you need to re-evaluate.

Edited by lizlemon78
  • Downvote 1

Well, this was easier than making drugs free and treating all illegal substances with sterilization agents.

I kinda lean toward if you are going to use, and we are going to feed you, don't breed.

I won't stand in the way of how you roll, as long as the wheels don't run over our children's future.

• Upvote 1

Also that. I don't think you should be allowed to reproduce while on welfare. If you want it, take this pill. Or get this minor procedure on your balls.

Again, I have a perfectly easy time going through life not impregnating people or getting pregnant. I don't know why its too much to ask that people already living off a welfare system not create more people to live off a welfare system.

"oh, but that's unfair. how can you assume that they'll always be on welfare or deprive them of the joy of having children."

I don't know. I don't care. They're on welfare now, they don't need to be cracked up or pregnant. Just like when you get into a car and drive somewhere, you don't need to be drunk and texting and making a sandwich. If you can't prioritize these things, then you need to be denied some of the privileges of intelligence.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I posted this on my facebook a couple days ago. hooboy, was that a fun time.

I actually support this. It seems fair enough. The state reimburses you for the test if the results are clean, if not...well you get no welfare. I don't think its too much to ask that if you intend to live off the US' dime that you stay clean.

I seem to do alright staying employed and out of jail and I don't do drugs. I'm sure there are plenty of folks on welfare who don't do drugs. I don't see how this expectation is too much to ask of the general public.

Drugs are illegal, you shouldn't do them if you're living off food stamps of if you race robot giraffes around your own private stadium. To expect folks to be and stay clean is something so basic, to argue against it seems silly to me.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE!

• Upvote 1

They shoulda been doin this awhile ago!! Kudos to Florida for standing up about this!! If only the rest of the country would follow suit, I might feel a little better about the whole welfare program.....Ive known many to use this system to their advantage....getting welfare, working jobs under the table, getting food stamps, and they would use their welfare money to buy and sell drugs, make even more money and of course use the drugs as well.....its a freakin joke and it needs to stop!!!

• Upvote 5

WELL THEY NEED TO START BUSTING THESE PEOPLE THAT FRUAD THE GOVERMENT GETTING WELFARE HOW U GONNA DRIVE A CADDY AN GET FOOD STAMPS ITS A BAD SIGHTAN A WASTE OF MY MONEY THERE IS IM GUESSING HALF OF THE PEOPLE ON IT LIEING TO GET WELFARE I SEE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BOTH SPOUSES LIVING IN THE HOUSE WITH KIDS AN LIE THAT THERE IS NO MAN LIVING THERE I THINK THEY NEED TO INVESTIGATE BETTER BUT THATS JUST ME

GO RVVVVVV

GODBLESS ALL

I agree. Not sure if this is totally accurate but I actually had someone tell me one time that the reason he received SSI, (slang....crazy checks, the ones that come out on the 1stof each month) was because he was a crack head and couldn't work. So what does that mean? We are paying him to purchase his crack? I was so disgusted.

I voted for Rick Scott---I believe all states and the federal govneds to look at everything from a business point of view-not a platfrom for being elected ot reelected--- I work in the charter fishing industry---I must take random drug and achol [never could spell that] tests and the results are reported to the USCG if you get a postive hit then your license is suspended for 6 months, pilots, truck drivers, goverment employees and many others in the private sector has to be screened also ---these all these people pay taxes surpporting the entitlement programs--- these entitled people should be also held to the same standard---but you can pass all the laws you want but if there is no teeth to enforcement it is just a formality passed over and forgotten about!

Entitalment programs should have a max amount of benefits and a maximin amout of time to be on them ----period!

Get them off thier dead asses and do for themselves instead of preying off the hard working citizens hard earned dollars!

Capt. Cliff

• Upvote 2

So, you're saying it's ok to substitute one drug for another? How many alcoholics are getting government funding?

The answer is a lot are. I have seen several tenets sloshed day and night while on permanent disability and getting the full ride. Illegeal drugs is the first step. Anyone that does not like it can go apply for a job; 90% of the companies will make you pee in the cup!

• Upvote 3

I actually support this. It seems fair enough. The state reimburses you for the test if the results are clean, if not...well you get no welfare.

Those reimbursements are paid by taxpayers. Now taxpayers pay for the welfare and the constant, expensive drug testing. Those who fail their drug tests are really in a pickle. I can see the crime rate going up as disgruntled drug addicts hit the streets in search of money.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The ACLU should be classified as a terrorist organization--there is a limit to who should be represented not a blank check for the abusers using the system for thier own ends--truly represent those who's rights have been trampled and have an honest need not the others--fine line I know but gone are the days to protect that one in a million verses the thousands taking advantage of the system and start thinking about who acually has to pay the check!

capt. cliff

• Upvote 5

I think this is great news. I just hope the other 49 states follow suit. Maybe, just maybe, some of the welfare recipients will get clean and possibly work for a living instead of sitting at home doing drugs. I realize that there are some that will find other ways of obtaining money for their drug habit but at least it won't be government money paying for the drugs. This may actually turn some lives around; I hope so anyway.

Those reimbursements are paid by taxpayers. Now taxpayers pay for the welfare and the constant, expensive drug testing. Those who fail their drug tests are really in a pickle. I can see the crime rate going up as disgruntled drug addicts hit the streets in search of money.

yeah, but taxpayers are paying for it anyway. I'd rather my money go to ensuring someone stays off drugs while they're on welfare than just go to any asshat who signs up for the handout.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I think this is great news. I just hope the other 49 states follow suit. Maybe, just maybe, some of the welfare recipients will get clean and possibly work for a living instead of sitting at home doing drugs. I realize that there are some that will find other ways of obtaining money for their drug habit but at least it won't be government money paying for the drugs. This may actually turn some lives around; I hope so anyway.

Actually Kimberlye, I believe Non Profits do a better job of turning lives around than the government ever will.

• Upvote 1