Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ATTENTION OBAMA LOVERS AND HATERS!!!

I was giong to post a two thumbs up, way to go, about time someone had the b@lls to say this and with grace.

But as I got further down in the comments it starts again. Prove it is a bashing post. Why does your opinion supercede someone else's opinion? Who are you to make that decision about what is good or bad. I have the right, deserve the free exposure, demand my freedom to post and how dare anyone try to take any of that away from me ... oh, do I pay for any of this? Well, no, but I have my rights!!!!!

Unbelievable how some people never grow up and think they are the only ones who really know anything and all the rest of us are somehow dysfunctional. Grow up!

Basically what is being said is that Obama is an off topic topic that is off the forum. Any, repeat ANY Obama post that shows up gets locked down. That's good, you can read but you cannot start WWIII. And it is about time.

This is a forum specifically for people invested in dinar, about dinar, about Iraq, about the RV pro and con. Now, if you must have a place to air a personal opinion about something, you have been given, generously given, the off topic area. But so far as I can see so many people have made that their prime objective, thinking that off topic means freedom to bash and insult and attack others, that it has ceased to be what it was designed to be and has become, in one way or another, a pain for everyone.

Well, it is time to take back the off topic part of the forum and use it for occasional, repeat occasional, ventures into opinion. It is NOT meant to be a soapbox for every hopped up political conspiracy theorist, with an axe to grind or a mental instabililty who happens to have access to a computer. Oh my, did I say those terrible things about people? I am sorry. I apologize. I am very upset about this entire issue, as you may be able to tell.

Let me just finish, yes, I am about to finish, whoohoo!!!! ... by saying that I applaud the mod who made this announcement and anyone who cannot see why or understand the reasoning behind it, needs to ... oops ... almost went to that bad place again. Cannot do that!

Have a good day and I am so glad to see that the Obama bashing has finally made it to the top of the action list. Respect, for your president, your country, ,your fellow citizens ... maybe a little less angst and more good karma might hurry up the rv too, you never know

:)

smee2

Thank you smee!rolleyes.gif Well said.

• Upvote 2

I'd like to just throw this in, with sincerity.

I was never suggesting that anti-obama threads be outlawed. I really was just joking that they belonged somewhere else, but really, its been like every day a non-stop assault of anti-left rhetoric.

And why? So the conservatives can all e-high five one another? Of course not. The "baiting liberals" aren't the only ones baiting. The posters of those threads know that we're going to show up and play our part and turn each of those threads into a mud fight. That's what the internet is for.

I don't mind that they're here. But if they're here, then I wanna go play. If they're not here, then fine and I can play nice...but for every post I make slamming conservatives, there's like 25 more slamming liberals in reply...and that's cool if that's the make up of the board.

I wouldn't say that closing each and every thread w/ Obama in the title is the course of action I'd take, but maybe I'd merge about 20 of those threads into one big clustermess of silliness and if it gets to be total bedlam, so be it, but I don't know that we need 20 threads on page 1 of the off topic forum referring to the conspiracies and agenda propaganda stuff. I mean hell, doesn't anyone want to talk about baseball?

I posted a non-threatening thread about the worlds most peaceful countries. It got a few views and like two or three replies. Haha. Just goes to show there may be a few addicts in disguise!

• Upvote 1

You must obey the TOS in this forum as in any other. If you are bent on discussing the President, please be respectful to each other no matter what your opinion. If you hate Obama... at least be respectful to the office of President! If you love Obama, please don't bait the right wingers. This is America and we do have free speech, but we also have private ownership and this website is privately owned. Therefore, the owner reserves the right to deny any form of speech he desires here... We ask that you are respectful, don't curse, and don't let an opinion ruin your day and that of everyone else.

In short, chill on the recent bullcrap or I'll lock every single Obama post that is posted no matter what.

Thanks,

Woody

Thanks K98 maybe he will get the message somehow.

• Upvote 1

I don't read every post out there so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I don't understand how you can make a blanket statement about locking every Obama comment posted. Would you explain that to me please. I have read some that the race card is played and I don't agree with it. I have read some that are pro Obama or con Obama and I don't agree whole heartedly with them either. It's so easy to hammer everyone then to handle it the way it should be handled, the ones who cross the line can be dealt with. So do it the right way and handle business with them, not shut down every post that has something to do with Obama or what you may find offensive, all that will accomplish (in my opinion) is people will begin posting "Obama" positive or negatives with some other title. Our gov't is good at hammering everyone instead of handling business with the folks that need to be dealt with. Let me offer another solution, get rid of the off topic post and keep it to dinar news, rumors or opinions, get rid of the off topic post if it's causing a problem. I have stated earlier, and you can find out from another MOD that, I pay to support this site and I would appreciate it if, the MODs or any of us, would exercise caution at offending people and driving them from this site. They may be a part of the post RV plan and my understanding is that the more we have involved the better our opportunities for investment post RV. If your flexng your muscles because your a MOD then stop it! There is a better way to handle this. If you're posting things to purposely offend folks then that needs to stpop as well.

Part of the problem in America today is we're told that religion and politics starts trouble, that its best not to discuss it. That is part of the problem, if we never discuss things with people that have a different view point then we won't learn how to discuss topics like that properly. That is when we get into the name calling and the threats and other junk that comes with it, it is a lack of maturity and I for one am mature enough and adult enough to discuss things the right way, which in my opinion is allowing another adult to have a voice. By the way, since the attacks on America (911), if someone threatens another person it is a crime, "terroristic threats", and I don't believe you want to be involved in that, especially if you're the one threatening, I know tha I don't want to be on either end of that kind of communication.

So I'm asking you K98nights and any other Mod to carefully consider prior to locking down a topic. I in turn will be considerate of what I post as well. As a christian I don't want to purposely offend anyone and if I do or have then let me know, I usually don't have a problem asking forgiveness. God gives grace to those who humble themselves and I for one need all of the grace I can get!

Have a blessed evening

Pappy,

Pappy you hit the nail right on the head.

Thanks K98 maybe he will get the message somehow.

Heavy I don't think that was necessary I'm sure k98 can do his job without your help.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seems to me that the easiest solution is to start a politics forum. This would free up the off topic forum and give political partisans a place to have their voice heard. As long as the discourse is civil, I see no problem with politics being debated. I have seen alot of angry comments in the lop section, personal attacks and such. I haven't heard anyone suggest that it be shut down or censored.

• Upvote 4

I don't read every post out there so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I don't understand how you can make a blanket statement about locking every Obama comment posted. Would you explain that to me please. I have read some that the race card is played and I don't agree with it. I have read some that are pro Obama or con Obama and I don't agree whole heartedly with them either. It's so easy to hammer everyone then to handle it the way it should be handled, the ones who cross the line can be dealt with. So do it the right way and handle business with them, not shut down every post that has something to do with Obama or what you may find offensive, all that will accomplish (in my opinion) is people will begin posting "Obama" positive or negatives with some other title. Our gov't is good at hammering everyone instead of handling business with the folks that need to be dealt with. Let me offer another solution, get rid of the off topic post and keep it to dinar news, rumors or opinions, get rid of the off topic post if it's causing a problem. I have stated earlier, and you can find out from another MOD that, I pay to support this site and I would appreciate it if, the MODs or any of us, would exercise caution at offending people and driving them from this site. They may be a part of the post RV plan and my understanding is that the more we have involved the better our opportunities for investment post RV. If your flexng your muscles because your a MOD then stop it! There is a better way to handle this. If you're posting things to purposely offend folks then that needs to stpop as well.

Part of the problem in America today is we're told that religion and politics starts trouble, that its best not to discuss it. That is part of the problem, if we never discuss things with people that have a different view point then we won't learn how to discuss topics like that properly. That is when we get into the name calling and the threats and other junk that comes with it, it is a lack of maturity and I for one am mature enough and adult enough to discuss things the right way, which in my opinion is allowing another adult to have a voice. By the way, since the attacks on America (911), if someone threatens another person it is a crime, "terroristic threats", and I don't believe you want to be involved in that, especially if you're the one threatening, I know tha I don't want to be on either end of that kind of communication.

So I'm asking you K98nights and any other Mod to carefully consider prior to locking down a topic. I in turn will be considerate of what I post as well. As a christian I don't want to purposely offend anyone and if I do or have then let me know, I usually don't have a problem asking forgiveness. God gives grace to those who humble themselves and I for one need all of the grace I can get!

Have a blessed evening

Pappy,

What I'm doing is my job.... if you don't like it feel free to complain to my boss. I'm trying to keep order here. If the responses to a topic get out of hand that topic will be locked. If the topic is one that baits a group of people, that topic will be closed and/or removed (made invisible). I'm not trying to flex any muscle here... I don't need to. I'm exercising the authority given me by the site owner to administer HIS site. You may be mature enough not to break the TOS here, but obviously many are not or this problem wouldn't exist. I take it as a huge affront that you think I am threatening anyone here... and I would suggest a professional therapist to help you feel less persecuted and paranoid... so you may live a nice joyful happy life. Peace.

• Upvote 7