Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

TOPICS GETTING LOCKED

Heavyduty053

Some of you wonder why your topics get locked and maybe i can shed some light on this. As with the topic of the president and whether or not he is legal is a sensitive issue and will be shut down if it causes a rush of complaints or if the Mods catch it and it is within the guide lines that will cause undue arguing between members. Any subject like Obama is sensitive to alot of people and causes problems and not only that but it cause a situation where it might cause trouble for Adam..........It is a priviledge to be a member here and use his site and we are to use it respectfully if you know what i mean...

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 3

THis is a great web site and I support it As the same as my life time membership in the NRA but I feel to lock a topic is wrong , it should be moved to a thread , whatever you want to call it where our members can express thier potitcal points of view---where being a JACKASS or an ELEPHANT--everyone has a point of view and DInar related news opinions, rumors ,VIP, and just random nonsense seems like we have those already have those set up---things are complicated enough now in these topics without adding in the religous, political aspects

Why not just set up a place to post those feelings[beliefs], opinions and let the mods move them into the correct forums instead of just locking the topic----very easy to do and let everyone slug it out ,keep it out of dinar related information and keep the American way live--free speech without penalty becuase it is not agreed with !

Our miltary have been dying to defend that right since the american revolution , why not give those who want to discuss this an appropreate place to do so!

I am a republican ,very consertive but I feel whether I agree with somone else's opinion or not they[me ] have a right to be heard--

FOR THE MOST PART WE ARE ALL FAMILY HERE WITH ONE END RESULT IN MIND---no one should be shut down from the family meal, maybe just moved to after dinner--then again the posts might just give us a welcome relief from the BS we get everyday in the dinar world!

just a thought

capt cliff

• Upvote 6

Very well said HeavyDuty - much appreciated.....if the thread becomes nasty or disrespectful - then it becomes useless.....I agree with the right to post your thoughts and ideas - but again the threads bring negativity, name calling, bashing, racial, etc....and that's not what we should focus on nor is it something that this site if meant to be.....we are a family here (new or old) everyone is welcome but the lack of respect for each other is getting old -

The off topics forums was not put up to become a bash our President Forum - but to post "off topic" posts that does not encourage the rudeness of some....maybe if they focus on something positive than trying to get people riled up, we wouldn't have to close them.

No one on this site will ever know what my political belief's are and I don't feel that's even needed to be known - just stop the bashing and the threads will continue to stay open - thanks to all

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Very well said HeavyDuty - much appreciated.....if the thread becomes nasty or disrespectful - then it becomes useless.....I agree with the right to post your thoughts and ideas - but again the threads bring negativity, name calling, bashing, racial, etc....and that's not what we should focus on nor is it something that this site if meant to be.....we are a family here (new or old) everyone is welcome but the lack of respect for each other is getting old -

The off topics forums was not put up to become a bash our President Forum - but to post "off topic" posts that does not encourage the rudeness of some....maybe if they focus on something positive than trying to get people riled up, we wouldn't have to close them.

No one on this site will ever know what my political belief's are and I don't feel that's even needed to be known - just stop the bashing and the threads will continue to stay open - thanks to all

I'm really sorry Riley but he may be your president but he sure isn't my president and I usually just post 3 or 4 times a week giving people updates who want to know about the b.c.

And there is only 4 or 5 people who come in every time bashing others but yet you lock down my post for their rudeness.

But this will be all over in the next week or so because there was a 22 Page Criminal Complaint Filed With FBI on this so we'll see.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

It just seems wrong to me to punish the teacher of the class because a few students rudely complain about the subject. When I went to school it was the rude ones that had to sit in the corner or get expelled. Not the teacher. Remember we choose what thread we enter. If it's gonna upset me, I may stay out.

Edited by DinarMillionaire
  • Upvote 13

I'm really sorry Riley but he may be your president but he sure isn't my president and I usually just post 3 or 4 times a week giving people updates who want to know about the b.c.

And there is only 4 or 5 people who come in every time bashing others but yet you lock down my post for their rudeness.

But this will be all over in the next week or so because there was a 22 Page Criminal Complaint Filed With FBI on this so we'll see.

You mean...you will give up your 0bsession finally when nothing comes from this "complaint"?

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

If you truly believe this, then shut down the lop talk forum. People get pretty upset when the lop is brought up. Many nasty personal attacks happen there as well. At least post what is or isn't acceptable in off topic posts. Why can't people just NOT READ what they don't agree with if they get so upset about it? While you're at it, shut down the rumor forum as well. Many people get very upset about untrue bs that is posted there constantly.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 3

WHO ARE YOU?

Some are just IMPATIENT and have LOTS of Bills to pay NOW!

Others are letting MONEY get go to their heads.

Then there are those that bought MORE then they can afford.

AND then there are those that are just MEAN.

Some are trying to help when others TAKE THINGS OFFENSIVELY if not agreed with.

Also those who . . . . . . . . AND those that . . . . . . .

Yep we all have are reasons for BASHING, FRUSTRATION etc....

ALL INVESTMENTS TAKE PATIENCE & RESEARCH.

AND then there are those who are here for the right reason, did their homework

& understand this is an investment and knew it could be a risk.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER / WHY ARE WE HERE?

If we are truly here for the right reasons we should be able to learn off each other

and help others to learn.

• Upvote 7

WHO ARE YOU?

Some are just IMPATIENT and have LOTS of Bills to pay NOW!

Others are letting MONEY get go to their heads.

Then there are those that bought MORE then they can afford.

AND then there are those that are just MEAN.

Some are trying to help when others TAKE THINGS OFFENSIVELY if not agreed with.

Also those who . . . . . . . . AND those that . . . . . . .

Yep we all have are reasons for BASHING, FRUSTRATION etc....

ALL INVESTMENTS TAKE PATIENCE & RESEARCH.

AND then there are those who are here for the right reason, did their homework

& understand this is an investment and knew it could be a risk.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER / WHY ARE WE HERE?

If we are truly here for the right reasons we should be able to learn off each other

and help others to learn.

Helping others would be my chosen path seems less chaotic most of the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So it is ok to bash Sarah but not Obama?

GOOD & BAD

PLUS & MINUS

DAY & NIGHT

YENG & YANG

RIGHTEOUS & EVIL

In & OUT

REPUBLICANS & DEMOCRATS

Everything boils down to two sides,( even our money has two sides)

GOD AND SATAN............Which side do you line up on? (Sorry there will be no gray area in this matter, Cut & Dry)

• Upvote 4

Again I will express my disappointment about this stifling. It is truly shameful action to me, that those who take the time to respectfully invest some thought-out, comprehensive expression... get "locked-out" and stifled because of a different (and typically, minority) opposition... which frankly is the antagonist in all of this. My posts have always been respectful to any opposition... therefore I have no fear of ever being warned or banned. But I do have fear of being stifled. That is not fair. In such, a minority opinion creates chaos... thus prevails.... as we have seen in having threads locked.

This is reminding me of the "The Fairness Doctrine", attempting to mandate "equality and equity of opinion" in media/radio... there is no such thing. So again.... let the free-market of opinion and thought, sort it all out. Freedom prevails.

I would suggest, either create new rules banning political opinion... period.... or allow it to thrive. The former may be difficult, as we all know you can't remove politics from money, and vice-versa. Heck... isn't what's happening in Iraq all about their government?!!

• Upvote 4

In defense of the minority on this forum, myself being one ,I would like to express that the minority on this site bare no responsibility for the decisions of the mods or the owner of this site to lock topics. I respect freedom of speech so much so that even when being disrespected, hence...bashed ,cursed, denigrated , I allowed the situations to go unreported.

On the other hand there has been an attempt by the conservative majority to have us banned. Some who were bashing and cursing us were whining that our opposing views were negative and calling us a gang of kids who were here just to cause trouble. Other conservatives on this site even attempted intimidation by creating a list of "libs" on their personal profiles.

Perhaps the ability to express our political views in an intelligent manner, discussing policies, ideas that may guide our country to a better tommorow would be more beneficial than the cut and paste bashing, and the relentless birther and other conspiracy theories. I am of the belief that things are not so cut and dry, and that we probably would agree on many things political and respectfully disagree on others.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

In defense of the minority on this forum, myself being one ,I would like to express that the minority on this site bare no responsibility for the decisions of the mods or the owner of this site to lock topics. I respect freedom of speech so much so that even when being disrespected, hence...bashed ,cursed, denigrated , I allowed the situations to go unreported.

On the other hand there has been an attempt by the conservative majority to have us banned. Some who were bashing and cursing us were whining that our opposing views were negative and calling us a gang of kids who were here just to cause trouble. Other conservatives on this site even attempted intimidation by creating a list of "libs" on their personal profiles.

Perhaps the ability to express our political views in an intelligent manner, discussing policies, ideas that may guide our country to a better tommorow would be more beneficial than the cut and paste bashing, and the relentless birther and other conspiracy theories. I am of the belief that things are not so cut and dry, and that we probably would agree on many things political and respectfully disagree on others.

A nice outlook debra! I think your defense is actually more in line with the defense of all. Our respective opposing responses should be driven by our objective philosophical outlooks, not so much as by "knee-jerk" emotional reactions. So... as I've stated before, the substance of what is posted should be scrutinized first... then the motive. Motives can then much more easily be revealed... and as such, stand by themselves as to what value they hold to each of us... I trust in that enlightenment becomes self-evident. I want to see the true substance revealed... theoretical, or not. If I'm labeled a Conservative... I live with that label, proudly. I would expect the same with a Liberal's self-esteem. Wear it proudly... defend it with substantive objectivity... and engage in simple, productive expression or debate. Simple as that. :)

Why not just set up a place to post those feelings[beliefs], opinions and let the mods move them into the correct forums instead of just locking the topic----very easy to do and let everyone slug it out ,keep it out of dinar related information and keep the American way live--free speech without penalty becuase it is not agreed with !

Our miltary have been dying to defend that right since the american revolution , why not give those who want to discuss this an appropreate place to do so!

FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION:

THE FIRST AMENDMENT

A. Our freedom of speech, protected by the First Amendment in the Bill of Rights, is one of our most basic constitutional rights. Yet the precise nature of what is protected by the First Amendment is often misunderstood.

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution says that Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of "speech." Close attention to these few important words reveals several issues demanding interpretation and clarification.

Also note that the language is a prohibition on Congressional action. The First Amendment applies only when Congress passes a law abridging speech. Suppressions of speech are not violations of the First Amendment unless the State does the suppressing.

Many mistakenly think that any suppression of speech, including suppression by private citizens, violates the First Amendment. Such a private action might be objectionable for ethical or social reasons, but it does not present a constitutional issue.

Why it is that one might still object to these private suppressions of speech, even when the government is not involved. Are these ethical concerns? If so, what ethical principles are at stake? Should all citizens be urged on moral grounds to allow freedom of expression by all of their fellow citizens and not attempt to suppress that speech as private citizens?

Would the First Amendment be improved if it prohibited abridgement of speech by anyone, not just Congress? Should every citizen have a right to say anything at all with no suppression by fellow citizens? Are there times when private citizens not only could but should suppress the speech of their fellow citizens?

http://www.csulb.edu/~jvancamp/freedom1.html#A

America The Beautiful........RV ON!!!!!!!!!!! Dinarhead out!

Edited by Dinarhead
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When topics need to be locked it is at the discression of the Mods and it is usually because the line of sensitivity has been crossed or the intent contained within has offended one group or another. Sometimes its the language used to express their points of view or last but not least someone has called another group or person a name when there was no excuse for doing so. Think about it. POEPLE CAN EXPRESS ANY VIEW THEY LIKE AS LONG AS ITS CIVILIZED AND NOT OFFENSIVE.I am willing to bet the Mods will agree on this also.

Edited by Heavyduty053
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I have to disagree here. We are simply defending ourselves. I will be the first to say that I am the only one on my "side" that has posted any sort of liberal propaganda. I have made very few posts in this fashion and mainly as a response to all the other conservative propaganda. That being said, we do not post the material. We only defend ourselves so to say that we are the antagonists in the whole thing is laughable. It's the same few people that make politically and religiously charged posts. They know what happened the time before and they do it again. Most of the time it's not even their words.

Aya... I know you've followed most of my posts, as I have yours... and you should recognize the common theme within mine about posts needing to be more substantive and comprehensive... rather than short, sarcastic, snide remarks. That's not defending yourselves. You have done both... and I've only asked for you to be more substantive. And you have provided some, thank you. But most of these "defensive" retorts are not poductive, nor are they respectfully or proudly defending any "point-of-view"... they are simply sophomoric and rude... hense antagonistic. It's as simple as that, and that cannot be defended honestly.

Do both "sides" do this... yes. But, I don't... and I never will. If I can't take the time to provide a thought-out reasoned response, I won't post. That's all I've been wanting from all...

So... defend yourselves with pride and honor... and I would hope ANY discussion would then be less contentious... and more productive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well if he is not your president then i guess you should give up your citizenship then he won't be your president. Easy fix, you will have these frivolous law suits come up everyday do they get much attention no just some other people who try to get in the spot light.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...