Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

soldiers in arab region

Chassisman

I was riding down the road tonight aand thinking of the Dinar(as always). It came to me that a while back something was said that a soldier in the us military can have a honorable discharge if they come int owealth.Is this true? If so would that make the whole region unstable as soon as it rv's? Just think if 30% of the military there are invested. Suddenly all of them are wanting a discharge.Our military are already stretched thin. So my logic says that if this is true that our government and def.irags government knows what will happen to the stability in the region if that happens.What is everyones thought? Thanks

Good luck with that one. When you join the military you sign a contract. The United States Government takes this contract very seriously. There are 3 ways out of the contract that I know of. 1st is the honorable discharge after completing your term of service. 2nd would be a medical discharge. If you are injured or contract an illness that will not allow you to serve in any capacity. 3rd would be a dishonorable discharge. Usually the result of a soldier misconduct as prescribed by the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Often this type of discharge is followed by another term of service at Leavenworth KS.

• Upvote 1

Nope, you are on the right track. There is a clause that says if you become wealthy that you can request a discharge. It does not have to be granted and is not an automatic thing. I do not recall but I believe there is an amount to that as well but dont recall what it is. Most of the guys I served with wouldnt just up and go anyway. There is a bond there that most dont understand. I dont believe they would all take off because you dont leave your buddy behind. It may sound a bit crazy to some but thats the way it is in combat arms MOS's.

• Upvote 1

Yes you can request a discharge (i've been in the military for several yrs) i've seen it happen. It's a process and you can't just walk of work and go home (then you will most likely end up in jail) and if in Iraq or Afghanistan you most definitly can't just up n leave even if you wanted to (yes just walk out the gate and stick ur finger out do some hitch hiking back to the states, im sure you'll make it out alive). In the military one of the main things that keep soldiers inline (other then the self discipline they've gotten used to)and away from trouble is the fear of losing pay, one of the down sides of any disciplinary problems or misbehavior is losing rank (which means losing money). A soldier gets in trouble and charged under the UCMJ for example, he then goes to a disciplinary board where they issue a judgement/punishment (depending on how sever it can be a slap on the wrist, lose of rank, pay cut for a certain amount of time, discharge from the military or even jail time( on occasion's a mix of the last 4 in worst case scenarios). If all of a sudden a soldier (especially one who might have had a history of behavior issues) comes upon millions of dollars he becomes a liability because what's going to keep him from not following orders, disrespecting senior NCO's, not showing up to work at the stated time and in the correct uniform etc...He will no longer worry about losing rank/pay if he gets in trouble. That is why the military will try to seperate/honorably them as soon as possible, IF they request it....if they don't request and stay in but cause trouble then they would be brought up on UCMJ charges for whatever they've been doing wrong and get seperated (possibly dis-honorably).

Edited by MuchoDinero585