Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

One thing to look for before RV

keepmwlknfny

While we have heard about the citizens being told about the removing of the zeros (RD) And being educated on that process and how it would go down, they still would have some sort of announcement of new bills to be introduced and be running pics/videos of the new bills and what they look like just prior to anything happening and being released.....and it would be widespread confirmation and posts across the boards verifying this information from people here and also from boots on ground.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

nice of you to repeat what Adam Montana told us would happen months ago,i guess you didnt read what he said?,almost looks like you copied it lol

No actually, I never saw Adam speaking about this topic....guess that further validates my thoughts and Im not the only one that feels this way.....aside from hearing/seeing the new bills to be introduced, there would also be a huge undertaking of changing and adjusting all prices in the marketplace which would be another point to be considered about what the citizens need to be told about and the shops would also need time to adjust and reflect these changes which again would more then likely be confirmed with as many service men as we have here currently stationed over in Iraq.....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

For some of us that have actually have had the opportunity to be involved in business and re-pricing/ change of values etc.,

It's not as difficult as it all seems.

People adapt faster than we think possible, specially when it comes to money....

Im sure its not terribly difficult to go through the process but none the less it would be something that we would hear about just prior to anything going down.....since you have been involved in something similar, how exactly did it go down?? And it what kind of timeframe was it completed?? Where was it that you were involved in the process as well?

• Upvote 1

I remain inclined to believe that everyone in Iraq knows this [RV] will happen (just not when or how much), and what they plan/hope to do once it occurs. JMO I think it will be announced and effective as of that moment the game changes (Hopefully VERY soon :D ). Any advanced notice or "leaks" will just add to chaos.

I remain inclined to believe that everyone in Iraq knows this [RV] will happen (just not when or how much), and what they plan/hope to do once it occurs. JMO I think it will be announced and effective as of that moment the game changes (Hopefully VERY soon biggrin.gif ). Any advanced notice or "leaks" will just add to chaos.

As much as I would like to believe the same, it seems as if reports we are getting from soldiers is that they have been told about the lop and deleting the zeros but that with this transformation their purchasing power will be increased......but have yet to be shown the new bills through the media....now of course if the value is slowly raised overtime it wont be immediately necessary for an introduction of new bills and this idea brought forward wouldnt even matter laugh.gif But for the illusive large gain in value, they will need to be shown these new bills so the citizens are aware of the changes....and Im not saying this would happen weeks before a RV, most likely right before as to minimize the time between transformation and time for people to buy up more currency....which also brings me to believe that they could also very well lock down the dinar period, no sales what so ever outside the country, and then announcing the new bills to be introduced and the new value to follow

Hey Keepem,

Thanks for bringing up this issue. It is something I have been thinking about lately. First of all I would like to see the video of the Iraqis getting a chance to see the new lower denoms in the banks. I think that would be intresting and if true would seem to point more towards a RV and not towards the RD. What I mean by that is if they were going to RD then why not just come out with pictures of the new lowers and plaster them all over the net and newspaper after coming out and stating that a RD is occuring. They would not have to worry about speculators buying up the remaining IQD if this were the case. Now if a RV is in fact the plan then they would be secretive in their efforts to inform the public aka bringing them in one at a time to see the new lowers. Like someone already stated word of mouth would be sufficent in spreading the word to inform and this way we speculators dont get a good idea of whats going on. I don't know just a thought. Guess like always we wait and see.

Another thought is the Kurdish language. Iraq has made it pretty clear that it would have to be on the new bills. I wonder if they had to print a whole new set or they some how ran the existing bills through the printer again to add the language. LOL. Wow, we are indeed speculators. Anyway as soon as we do see the new lowers then we know we are at the end one way or another.

Thanks Keep. I agree with all that you said in the original post and appreciate your research and common sense approach to the matter. I guess it's because I basically have thought the same things, but we just differ on the execution of the modification to increase the value of the dinar, which, as Shabs said, is his primary concern. Happy Memorial Day. Gotta get back to watching the Indy.

Edited by tommyboy

Hey Keepem,

Thanks for bringing up this issue. It is something I have been thinking about lately. First of all I would like to see the video of the Iraqis getting a chance to see the new lower denoms in the banks. I think that would be intresting and if true would seem to point more towards a RV and not towards the RD. What I mean by that is if they were going to RD then why not just come out with pictures of the new lowers and plaster them all over the net and newspaper after coming out and stating that a RD is occuring. They would not have to worry about speculators buying up the remaining IQD if this were the case. Now if a RV is in fact the plan then they would be secretive in their efforts to inform the public aka bringing them in one at a time to see the new lowers. Like someone already stated word of mouth would be sufficent in spreading the word to inform and this way we speculators dont get a good idea of whats going on. I don't know just a thought. Guess like always we wait and see.

Another thought is the Kurdish language. Iraq has made it pretty clear that it would have to be on the new bills. I wonder if they had to print a whole new set or they some how ran the existing bills through the printer again to add the language. LOL. Wow, we are indeed speculators. Anyway as soon as we do see the new lowers then we know we are at the end one way or another.

Yes you and me both would like to see evidence of this video as we both are the type that is inclined to deem something BS until it can be verified personally.....Im not the type to just go off of hearsay and accept something as fact that way. If they were showing this video individually to the citizens going into the banks then it probly would point more to a straight RV because if they were to RD, it wouldnt be much of an issue to announce to the world about new bills, price changes, and things of that nature.....I again also think that our ability to obtain dinar will be shut down completely from all avenues before such an RV would take place....with that in mind, they would def be more open about issuing the new currency, showing the new bills to the world and the public, and stating the new values to take place with the introduction of the new bills.....if anyone has some information to add and can provide verification for anything happening, feel free to post here so we can get to the bottom of this matter....

While we have heard about the citizens being told about the removing of the zeros (RD) And being educated on that process and how it would go down, they still would have some sort of announcement of new bills to be introduced and be running pics/videos of the new bills and what they look like just prior to anything happening and being released.....and it would be widespread confirmation and posts across the boards verifying this information from people here and also from boots on ground.....

Which is why I'm really thinking the rise in the Dinar will be a slow one (or at least a multi step RV) where they can phase out the old large notes slowly and introduce the smaller notes instantly. There is a magic number range where it still makes some sense to have the larger notes (think $0.01 RV- a 25k note is worth $250 - not totally outlandish). No training would be needed and they can cut down on the chaos. Slowly increase that to probably a max of $0.05 (25k note worth $1250 - getting up there) where a huge effort to pull in the largest notes should be accomplished.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see

Theoretically - here is my theory on why we see so many R/D (LOP) articles:

They're preparing them to understand in the near future they will be using bills with no more 000s

Simply put, they believe 25,000 will equal 25 IQD

But, what if, they were educating them in that style to prevent runs on banks when in reality, 25,000 will equal 1,000 25 IQDs. If they were to do something to that extent, I am pretty sure people would pick up on that rather fast & be thrilled.

Wouldn't that be nice? Than if they were to make some "larger" purchases, they could use a 25,000 IQD and eventually all denominations will make their way to the banks and the banks will pull out of circulation what is necessary.

Who knows how this will work...

I'm more concerned about the exchange rate, because that is the important part on how much we can cash out USD wise.

I don't think you're going to see a lot of stuff on the internet showing the lower denoms mainly because most of the ppl don't have access. Darn, most have electric for only 8 hours a day, max. Pictures in markets, etc, probably going to be the best way to get the message accross, and maybe some of our boots on the ground can verify this. Without their confirmation, I wouldn't give this much creedence.

Which is why I'm really thinking the rise in the Dinar will be a slow one (or at least a multi step RV) where they can phase out the old large notes slowly and introduce the smaller notes instantly. There is a magic number range where it still makes some sense to have the larger notes (think $0.01 RV- a 25k note is worth $250 - not totally outlandish). No training would be needed and they can cut down on the chaos. Slowly increase that to probably a max of $0.05 (25k note worth $1250 - getting up there) where a huge effort to pull in the largest notes should be accomplished.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see

Well thats def more realistic then expecting an overnight RV from over a buck to 3 bucks.....and that is a feasible way to phase out the bigger bills and not have to drastically change anything instantly.....slow and gradual change in value as so the process isent so chaotic and it would give everyone time to adjust to the changes made easily...

They're preparing them to understand in the near future they will be using bills with no more 000s

But, what if, they were educating them in that style to prevent runs on banks when in reality, 25,000 will equal 1,000 25 IQDs. If they were to do something to that extent, I am pretty sure people would pick up on that rather fast & be thrilled.

Wouldn't that be nice? Than if they were to make some "larger" purchases, they could use a 25,000 IQD and eventually all denominations will make their way to the banks and the banks will pull out of circulation what is necessary.

I'm more concerned about the exchange rate, because that is the important part on how much we can cash out USD wise.

Well of course its possible for them to be meaning 25k will equal 1000 25 notes, in reality instead of actually RD.....central banks are good at deception as to there exact motives but we still cant count it out unfortunately.....but the way I see it is that they would completely stop the dinar from leaving the country and they could easily announce their true motives if it were to straight up RV.....Then they wouldnt need to worry about people making a run on the banks!

Darin I sure hope you are right. Your post always makes sense and are always a clear alternative to the dreaded LOP. Thanks for your contributions.

Keep, I can remember back in early 04 when the new currency was in place when we arrived. Until that time, we did not know anything about the new currency. We found out while there. What would make this senerio any different? We here in the US usually don't care about other countries, just our own. Alot of people really don't care about Iraq except getting our troops home. What happens over there now isn't in the news like it used to be. That is also why alot of our soldiers and Marines coming home are having a problem with this, PTSD. I have it and I know this first hand. There currency doesn't mean much of anything to the normal American. We probably won't here about it unless we stay ground on this site and listen to the right people. No offense intended towards anyone. I have been here for a while and seen and read more than I have wanted to but I to must stay informed. IMO.

• Upvote 1

Keep, I can remember back in early 04 when the new currency was in place when we arrived. Until that time, we did not know anything about the new currency. We found out while there. What would make this senerio any different? We here in the US usually don't care about other countries, just our own. Alot of people really don't care about Iraq except getting our troops home. What happens over there now isn't in the news like it used to be. That is also why alot of our soldiers and Marines coming home are having a problem with this, PTSD. I have it and I know this first hand. There currency doesn't mean much of anything to the normal American. We probably won't here about it unless we stay ground on this site and listen to the right people. No offense intended towards anyone. I have been here for a while and seen and read more than I have wanted to but I to must stay informed. IMO.

I understand what your saying, but at some point it had to of been announced to the people of Iraq....Im not saying that it would be in every newspaper across the globe, but we surely would get some kind of confirmation from inside the country that changes were about to take place....and as many news hounds as we have here on DV, someone would surely find some articles on the subject as well....

But wouldn't it be silly to do all this prep work and make it so obvious that the currency was about to RV? It would make even more speculative investors flood the dinar market. Why not RV and release the bills all at once, preventing the pumper types from taking advantage? If I were Iraq I'd RV first on the books, then make the education and exchange thereafter. Right now they are obviously playing their cards close to their chest. They don't want this going public for some reason. The conspiracy is that "the dinar is a scam" to keep people out of the investment. So why make it so obvious? Just makes no sense given how things have already been going. JMO.

You say that the conspiracy is that "the dinar is a scam" to keep people from investing.This didn't go so well if that was what was intended by calling it a scam.We hold close to 10% of their circulated currency give or take.

Edited by skepticaldinar

Simply put....

We have to "remember" that they will never come out and say... "We are going to re-value the dinar to a higher value..." and than wait a few days or weeks prior to doing so.

Keep, your right, they could go about going that route if they limited the dinar from leaving the country. But... Some may attempt to smuggle it out for profit.

The R/D articles could simply be a way to educate the people and than show their true intentions upon the actions actually taking place.

For example, if they were to R/V at a rate of $0.86 instead of basically R/D to $0.86, it would be simple for the people to understand.

Easy scenario. An Iraqi arrives to the bank expecting to trade their 25,000 IQD note for a 25 IQD note, but instead they find out that they get 1,000 25 IQD notes.

Heck, if I was an Iraqi I would say... Hmmm ya, forget carrying that much around.. Put it all in the bank & sign me up for one of them smart cards LOL

Simply put....

We have to "remember" that they will never come out and say... "We are going to re-value the dinar to a higher value..." and than wait a few days or weeks prior to doing so.

Keep, your right, they could go about going that route if they limited the dinar from leaving the country. But... Some may attempt to smuggle it out for profit.

The R/D articles could simply be a way to educate the people and than show their true intentions upon the actions actually taking place.

For example, if they were to R/V at a rate of $0.86 instead of basically R/D to $0.86, it would be simple for the people to understand.

Easy scenario. An Iraqi arrives to the bank expecting to trade their 25,000 IQD note for a 25 IQD note, but instead they find out that they get 1,000 25 IQD notes.

Heck, if I was an Iraqi I would say... Hmmm ya, forget carrying that much around.. Put it all in the bank & sign me up for one of them smart cards LOL

Locking down the borders even for currency dealers would surely work....Im sure there would be some attempts to still get the currency out of country but I highly doubt it would work on a large scale for investors like us to buy up as much as possible. By doing this they could come out and announce to the people that the currency is about to rise in value....Its not uncommon for us to hear about a country on the verge of raising the value of their currency before it happens.....China has done it, and Im sure there are others as well......The only problem I would say with the depositing of funds into the banks is that it wont be an overnight change for the people to suddenly trust the banks....that will def take alot of time...

Locking down the borders even for currency dealers would surely work....Im sure there would be some attempts to still get the currency out of country but I highly doubt it would work on a large scale for investors like us to buy up as much as possible. By doing this they could come out and announce to the people that the currency is about to rise in value....Its not uncommon for us to hear about a country on the verge of raising the value of their currency before it happens.....China has done it, and Im sure there are others as well......The only problem I would say with the depositing of funds into the banks is that it wont be an overnight change for the people to suddenly trust the banks....that will def take alot of time...

True, but imagine hearing this information from "boots on the ground" and knowing of currency exchange posts within the U.S. and that person goes & purchases as much as they can. Not really fair to the currency exchange place to be trading something of X amount of value to find out that shortly after (maybe even within the same day) a new rate is announced. And that person bought roughly $1,000s of dollars worth to find out that their inventory of IQD has gone dry & the new rate to cash them out is not equal to what they received in USD.

It's going to happen in some regard.. But imagine, if you heard from boots on the ground that the value was going to go up and you went out and took a day off & searched local banks for on-hand inventory to buy up as much dinar as possible. Basically depleting your bank account to do so. Because you had nearly factual proof of this happening.

Just another thought to think about... To a degree, some people would need a heads up outside of the country as well.

True, but imagine hearing this information from "boots on the ground" and knowing of currency exchange posts within the U.S. and that person goes & purchases as much as they can. Not really fair to the currency exchange place to be trading something of X amount of value to find out that shortly after (maybe even within the same day) a new rate is announced. And that person bought roughly $1,000s of dollars worth to find out that their inventory of IQD has gone dry & the new rate to cash them out is not equal to what they received in USD.

It's going to happen in some regard.. But imagine, if you heard from boots on the ground that the value was going to go up and you went out and took a day off & searched local banks for on-hand inventory to buy up as much dinar as possible. Basically depleting your bank account to do so. Because you had nearly factual proof of this happening.

Just another thought to think about... To a degree, some people would need a heads up outside of the country as well.

And thats exactly why I believe 100% that if they were planning to straight up RV, they would restrict the dinar leaving the country ahead of time so that every possible avenue or source of purchasing dinar, runs dry to avoid the kind of situation you are speaking about....another thing to look for before we can claim that we are so close to the end.....