Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I'm new to the IQD investment but if I understand this correctly, wouldn't we "non guru's" see news out of Iraq regarding the introduction of lower denominations if an RV took place? If the IQD suddenly has a new value, the people in Iraq buying and selling goods will need to adjust and trade in their large notes for smaller ones, correct? Introducing smaller denominations has been discussed in the forums but has anyone posted proof they exist and are in circulation? Have I taken too many bong hits or am I off here?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

My opinion is that as the Bank removes the triple zeros from circulation and the supply is nearly depleted they will introduce the lower denoms and RV both at the same time. JMO but based on a lot of research.

Yes, you are correct... WHEN the rv occurs, we should see the lower denominations. Not sure what you're confused about. They may exist, but are not in circulation... many are trying to find proof of their existence. We shall see!

I'm new to the IQD investment but if I understand this correctly, wouldn't we "non guru's" see news out of Iraq regarding the introduction of lower denominations if an RV took place? If the IQD suddenly has a new value, the people in Iraq buying and selling goods will need to adjust and trade in their large notes for smaller ones, correct? Introducing smaller denominations has been discussed in the forums but has anyone posted proof they exist and are in circulation? Have I taken too many bong hits or am I off here?

Don't bogart the b's :D

• Upvote 1

Don't bogart the b's :D

Rasta brah!

When I think of the lower Denoms, I am thinking 1's ,5's ,10's, and 20's. these I would LOVE to purchase. Exactly where can I buy these? :o

RSS

I agree! That's what I was trying to say. If there was an RV that took place, you'd think that we'd see proof of these lower denom's and their existence lso the people of Iraq could move on post-RV. I think Blaino's herb is laced with something funky.

the lowest dinar denomination currently in circulation is a 50 ---- theory has it that they will produce (or some say they are produced however there has NEVER been any credible proof of that) the very small denominations in the process of changing the exchange rate.

when in doubt always go to the source:

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Banknotes

When I think of the lower Denoms, I am thinking 1's ,5's ,10's, and 20's. these I would LOVE to purchase. Exactly where can I buy these? :o

RSS

several of the dinar sales sites have all the denom and coins, there is a bunch of added $ per dinar....

No the lower denoms meaning 1,5,10,(20 or25?) are not in circulation and as far as we know do not exsist yet. It has been made clear that these denoms will have to have the Kurdish languge added so it could be assumed that they are in the process of being printed or have recently been completed. We will not see them until the currency either RVs or RDs. At this time they will be added to circulation and then and ONLY THEN will the large notes be removed from circulation.

Now I have done no research on this

I didn’t even think it was an issue but here is my take on it

My little Iraqi’s have no problem getting and using large bills here in Iraq

They are as common as a $20 or $100 in the states

Now they have told me that for large purchases they use dollars but have been doing that even since the initial sanctions under Saddam

So if the idea is to de dollarize Iraq then pulling in all or the large notes from circulation would be the opposite from what they should do

But by the way the lower denoms are in circulation and used somewhat (they aren’t worth much)

But you will see 50 250 and 500 all the time one of my students gives them out as souvenirs

To new Americans

So I’m not calling BS on the large notes going away, we just don’t see it here

Semper Fi

Oh I almost forgot this is for CANDINAR: LOP LOP LOP LOP…….. AY?

Ahhh I think he misses me, but too bad for him, I'm Canadian and am partial to the Beaver. Niuk Niuk

So we have confirmation from boots on the ground that US Dollars are used for purchases and have been since they were introduced by the US Government.

My little Iraqi’s have no problem getting and using large bills here in Iraq

They are as common as a $20 or $100 in the states

Now they have told me that for large purchases they use dollars but have been doing that even since the initial sanctions under Saddam

So if the idea is to de dollarize Iraq then pulling in all or the large notes from circulation would be the opposite from what they should do

Read more:

Actually you wouldn't need lower denoms right away...remember that this is a change in the exchange rate...so the only impact is that it makes imports less expensive...the rate change is only in relation to other currencies...prices would not go down immediately...they would go down as people imported cheaper items...what would happen if the US dollar all of a sudden was worth 500 Euro's...it wouldn't change the price of things already on the shelf...but you could import a sweet new BMW for almost nothing.

Actually you wouldn't need lower denoms right away...remember that this is a change in the exchange rate...so the only impact is that it makes imports less expensive...the rate change is only in relation to other currencies...prices would not go down immediately...they would go down as people imported cheaper items...what would happen if the US dollar all of a sudden was worth 500 Euro's...it wouldn't change the price of things already on the shelf...but you could import a sweet new BMW for almost nothing.

Hey JMW, was hoping we could discuss further the lower denoms introduction. Let's say they RV tomorrow (would be nice), you say that lower denoms won't be needed right away? Was wondering how that would work. Lets use a 1:1 RV. 1IQD=1USD overnight so prices would have to be adjusted overnight as well. A 500 dinar soda would become .50 dinar so large denoms would no longer be feasible. I guess they would just know that a 500IQD is really .50 IQD but it would seem they would flood the market with lower denoms right away just to make a quick transition. Please share your insights and point out if Im wrong. Thanks.

Hey JMW, was hoping we could discuss further the lower denoms introduction. Let's say they RV tomorrow (would be nice), you say that lower denoms won't be needed right away? Was wondering how that would work. Lets use a 1:1 RV. 1IQD=1USD overnight so prices would have to be adjusted overnight as well. A 500 dinar soda would become .50 dinar so large denoms would no longer be feasible. I guess they would just know that a 500IQD is really .50 IQD but it would seem they would flood the market with lower denoms right away just to make a quick transition. Please share your insights and point out if Im wrong. Thanks.

Sorry JMW. In this last post I was thinking RD and not RV. The 500 IQD would be 500 USD so they really would need lower denoms right away to buy a soda. That's kinda where Im stuck. How can a overnight RV to 1:1 work? The lowest bill they have would be worth 50 USD. How could they buy a soda if a RV happened overnight? I could see how they could if it LOPPED God forbid but I guess I really never thought about the morning after a RV and how buisiness could be conducted.

Would really like your insights here but I think I am going to start a new post to open up the discusson to all.

Edited by dinarck