Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BondLadys chat post 5/27/11

BondLady

ty all for your comments...and ty for yours too hame55.......the main reason i posted this was in tribute to my brother..R.I.P. and this being memorial weekend i thought it was appropriate. ill keep the memory of what he did and what he gave to me my family ..you..our country alive by doing something like this every memorial weekend....he gave his all he paid in blood..my brothers blood. have a safe memorial weekend every one and ty all service men and women past and present and i pray for all in harms way..........BondLady

Thanks to you and your family for the sacrifice. As for me and mine we will be remembering your family and others who have given so much for us.

I also want to welcome you to DV. I've read your posts that have carried from elsewhere and like what you have to say. Hope you like it here

thanks bondlady! :D its alwasy nice to know that there is someone out there that finally gets it. :D now, all we need now is to get our own president to get it. we dont need to mirror our society to europe or any other country. we are who we are. our own. thats wot made this county great in the first place. our freedom and right to the principles of "Life, Liberty, and the Persute of Happines." :D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

thank you all so much , so kind of almost all of u...hame55 im not sure what i did so bad to offend u that u would leave me this message....

hame55

Yesterday, 03:54 PM

Bondlady - this post about the Romanian view of America is a cheap attempt at currying favor at DV as a guru. It is nothing but a pathetic, childish view of American imperialism. Pathetic.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/user/35713-bondlady/#ixzz1Ne2B0M9Y.............but in doing so, calling me a guru i guess u never read my post gurus put up or shut up, im so far from being a guru u just dont even know but u know what? u can say what u want to on paper, net or in public speech why? because people like my brother and all these other people who've lost family, friends, loved ones so u would be able to have freedom of speech..so its all good glad to see u exorcizing your freedom of speech...a lot of people gave all so u could...tc and be glad we live in a country where we can say what we want to...because of a vet.....you can......BondLady

• Upvote 4

As Vietnam Veteran I commend you for keeping his memory alive. I was a fortunate one to be able to look back at what happened and even though memories of being there are painful I HONOR all the Vets from that devastating political nightmare of a war. Your post is just " AWESOME " May we all remember Memorial Day as if we had a loved one who didn't make it back. To all the BRAVE AND HONORED SOLDIERS OF ALL THE ARMED FORCES IN ANY WAR , WE SALUTE YOU AND ARE SO PROUD TO STAND ALONG SIDE OF YOU AND BE CALLED "" AN AMERICAN '' ......................... COME ON RV SO WE CAN SHARE OUR BLESSING WITH OTHERS

This is a fine article, but in due respect to this web site, this forum, this thread, this is posted in the wrong place. Furthermore, it is missed labeled, this is not a 'chat post' ...... This is an article destined for the 'off post site" as a "God Bless America" and /or "God Bless our Soldiers".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I was also in the Army and the majority not all, but most of the soldiers were from mostly poor backgrounds. They join the military to get 3 meals a day and a roof over their head, most only know what they are taught from the military and the streets.

This might've been the case in years past, but in this day in age it's quite common for new enlistees to come in with more education than the CO . I've been in for 16 years with an upcoming deployment next month and I am amazed at how educated many new boots are. Just saying the demographic has changed somewhat.

• Upvote 2

I agree with you. I have said it before we are not a country we are a corporation. A great book to read that goes into detail about this is "Confessions of an economic hitman" I was also in the Army and the majority not all, but most of the soldiers were from mostly poor backgrounds. They join the military to get 3 meals a day and a roof over their head, most only know what they are taught from the military and the streets.

An EXCELLENT book to read from someone who has really been there, behind the curtain of Empire. This guy put his life on the line to write that book (John Perkins) and he had nothing to gain from exposing himself and his family by coming out with it (and several other books and countless interviews in the alternative news. Certainly not FOX which is totally corporate.)

So read people, and conservatives and liberals can come together and reconcile and be friends... to face the real threats - the corporatists who run our government from above....

An interesting viewpoint... however, perhaps you are the one being naive. All wars are about money... territory is about money... freedom is about money, especially democracy, which fosters trade, free-enterprise... sometimes capitalism.

What better byproduct of war than... FREEDOM... Spoils of war go to the winner.... land, resources... and yes, even the freed minds of people, that can now live and thrive, create and produce... making our lives better... including yours.

You are proud of your heritage, as am I... as are most who are aware of the true value of freedom... the cost, yes financial cost as well, of freedom. Your famous predecessors understood this as well... our revolution was fought because of money.

I am a direct descendant of William White of the Mayflower. Even the Separatist Pilgrims understood that their need for freedom, although for predominantly religious reasons, was also for economic reasons. Economic freedom assures liberty... to thrive in the pursuit of happiness.

Isn't that why you're here? Isn't that why you are able to enjoy the byproducts of the sacrifices of our armed forces and vets? Of course it is.

Well said! I think we agree. But I see the freedom we have fought for in the past eroding here at home. They just voted to extend the Patriot Act - and that vile bill has taken your basic freedoms, should you ever really need them.

I disagree that capitalism equals freedom, as you imply. It can, but in our case, with rendition and torture, invasions of other countries, economic imperialism, it does not any more.

Hame55

quote "I disagree that capitalism equals freedom, as you imply. It can, but in our case, with rendition and torture, invasions of other countries, economic imperialism, it does not any more. "

I never implied capitalsim equals freedom. Freedom may manifest into various forms of economies and governments. I only implied that freedom could lead to capitalism... not that capitalism is the "end-all"...

Jax

BONDLADY...

I admire your patriotism. I am a patriot too! We are descended directly from George Washington and Martha, and had one of his own letters in our attic, written in french and numeric code asking the French Admiral Lafayette for more troops to help fight the British. My family is also descended from Pres. Zachary Taylor and Robert E. Lee, directly. I love this country, and this is why I write the following....

George Washington had no children - so how can you be directly descended from George and Martha?

posted by hame55

Dear Bondlady

You did not do anything to me. I don't have a vendetta against you, it's just hard for me to hear about the deaths of our young men and women and have their memories associated with the twisted idea of "freedom" our vile government puts out. These soldiers should be honored - and that is what I am trying to do in the truest sense...

You chose to make my private post to you public. I am not sure why you did this, other than to try to get other DV members against me. I am not sure. Your motive is up to you. But I do know I stand by my views. They come from years of research, years of teaching current events in college in the form of essays, a political pre-law undergrad degree, years of civic activism, etc. The idea of "TV Freedom" and FOX flag waving is NOT freedom. I was fired from a university for my political views. I can certainly stand the flak here at DV. So bash away...

dear hame55.......if u hadnt noticed you made your post public..did you think putting what you did on my profile page that would be private? its there for any one to see, i put it up for you with a response to you, all i was trying to do was honor my brother and all service men and women past and present on this memorial weekend, are you so cold that you can not just let it rest for these few days out of a year to pay a humble tribute to our heros? thats all. i have no alteritive motives sir i just wanted to honor some who werent honored when they came home and honor them all, right now i cant do very much for our heros past and present ..as the old song goes...its only words and words are all i have to take your breath away....not trying to make people hate you and im not trying to be a guru, why is it so hard for you to believe that some one is just trying to do the right thing...and my concious is clear. again ty all service men and women for your sacrifce ...BondLady

• Upvote 4

Thanks Bondlady! Very moving! God bless the memory of your brother.

hame55---wtf LOOKS LIKE YOU STARTED THE NAME CALLING. THE CONSEVATIVE RESPONSE TO VIETNAM AND THE SOUTHEAST ASIA PROBLEM IS TO WIN.

RV is good for liberals, too.

BONDLADY...

I admire your patriotism. I am a patriot too! We are descended directly from George Washington and Martha, and had one of his own letters in our attic, written in french and numeric code asking the French Admiral Lafayette for more troops to help fight the British. My family is also descended from Pres. Zachary Taylor and Robert E. Lee, directly. I love this country, and this is why I write the following....

Bondlady, you and so many others have been tricked and fooled into believing that Washington has set up 750 military bases around the world, invaded dozens of countries, like Iraq -----out of the goodness of their hearts. I am afraid that is a bit naive. Do you really think we "liberated" Iraq just to make them free? Why didn't we liberate all the other terrible dictatorships, like Cambodia (Pol Pot), Stalin's Russia, Mao's China, Pinochet's Chile....the list is endless for terrible dictators like Saddam. Freedom is the sugar we're given with the story, but the real reason is always money. In the case of the ME it's oil. We aren't there spending trillions for the sand nuggets ---- nor to "free" the Iraqis. Try to separate the good and valiant soldiers who do believe they are fighting for freedom, from their evil overlords and taskmasters - the b@st@ard Joint Chiefs and the conservative politicians who trick our brave young men and women into fighting their oil wars for them.

It's time to grow up.

So again, I love my country as much as you do. Perhaps even more. I'm willing to stand against the propaganda.

Hame... I am sure you are a nice person and sounds like you are well educated. Your views certainly have some truths but make no mistake they are skewed and jaded to the lens in which you choose to view them from. To say... "the real reason is always money" is as naive as it gets. It is speaking in an absolute tone when absolutes simply do not exist. Those leaders you lay claim to relations with were indeed courageous. I am quite certain they would be rolling their eyes if not rolling in their graves at your comments. Then again, they are/were truly aware of the sacrifices they made for you to have the freedom to express those comments in such a public forum. They would realize that your comments are part of the checks and balances policy they helped give us and is a direct benefit of our freedom. Checks and balances are what prevents that which you accuse America of conspiring to do or to have done. So knock yourself out all you want. It is your freedom to do so thanks to the gift your grams and gramps gave us!

Without question, many decisions are monetarily driven in life but most decisions are made based on the collaboration of greater goods. Meaning... multiple reasons that outweigh the risk. I believe money and fortune are usually secondary benefits to the majority of decisions made. That is the lens in which I choose to view my leaders and my fellow patriots. That is what I believe our men and women fight for and our tax payers support. Not your idea of ruthless leaders lining their pockets and creating other excuses as filler.

We choose our battles for the greater good of our nation in many ways. Primarily through security and idealism. Yes... security can include future prosperity and yes... Wall Street and some on Main Street will undoubtedly benefit. It is all part of opportunity and our free enterprise system. Isn't that what happens in life? We make a decision and new opportunities and choices emerge.. right? Whether picking a spouse, or picking a job, you make a decision and other opportunities and benefits are created. Some gain from them and some might miss out on those opportunities. It's a form of kinetic energy that just happens. One move makes another move and forces another move etc. That is what economics is based on and it is also how freedom occurs throughout the world. We can't created it for everyone but we sure can plant the seeds in selected areas in hopes that the kinetic energy will help it expand. Freedom is contagious. Freedom is the greatest security we have and it saves the lives of many FUTURE soldiers based on courageous ones that fight today and have fought in our past for us.

Iraq is a prime example. You say we did it for oil. I couldn't disagree more. I wouldn't disagree that that is a secondary benefit from the wars however. We liberated Kuwait, we freed a people from a dictator and an ethic cleanser. To some degree, we helped bring the terrorism fight to the Middle East and away from our borders. Iraq may not have had WMD but they sure had the want and future intention for them. Most importantly... we planted the seed of Democracy smack dab in the middle of the Middle East. We have had a half century of negotiation trying to broker peace to no avail. But you force Democracy in the middle of one of the former most unconscious places on Earth and what happens??? Hope and peace slowly breaks out. Adjacent countries throw their dictators out. Egypt, Tunasia, Libya, Yemen all decide they want to taste what freedom is like. We changed the paradigm didn't we? Our greatest enemy resides next door in Iran and you think money was the motivator? C'mon dude!

Long live FREEDOM! God Bless you soldiers, you tax payers, you leaders of the past and present, you free enterprise loving folks. I am so grateful to be apart of this great country and to be friends with so many other great countries in this world and with you all. Freedom is a beautiful thing and our men and women that fight to secure ours and provide for others are all my heros! THANK YOU! And Thank you Bondlady and Hames for your views too. Its all good!

Edited by drox