Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BondLadys chat post 5/27/11

BondLady

BEAUTIFUL... just beautiful, we wouldn't be what we are if it wasn't for all of the men and women who have given so very much, sometimes too much, so we can stand side by side and enjoy our "Freedom".... God Bless Us Everyone ...

Knocked on Heavens door this morning, God asked me, “ My

child, what can I do for you?” I said, “Father, please protect and bless the

person reading this”…..

God said, “DONE.”

Hope everyone has a Safe and Meaningful Memorial Day Weekend ... :rolleyes:

Lynn

• Upvote 9

I have read an article similar to this, or this article as it was written some time ago. Either way, it is a "GREAT" read and it is always worth another round of reading it.

It is nice to see that foreign citizens have some respect for a foreign country.

You never really see any US citizens praising another country...

Hmm.... Hopefully some writers can hop to it and make others countries proud...

i was thinking as i read this article below and im sorry i dont have a link to it, it was sent to me in a email from a friend and if i had more time, i could probably google and find the source of it but i was very moved by it and wanted to share it with all of us as AMERICANS, who would care to read this, it was so beautiful and moving....i have always been very patriotic my whole family is..my only brother who was a navy seal gave his all in viet nam and my mother and father was left with out a son and me and my 5 sisters was left without a brother, but he did what he did because he believed in freedom and our great country. as i read this artical i thought about yesterday in iraq, how sadr and his mahdi army made there grand display of 10's of 1000's as they marched thru the streets of iraq screaming for us AMERICANS, the USA to get out, after the blood of our sons and daughters and our mothers and fathers were spilt all over iraqi soil to buy there freedom at the cost of our beloved military men and women, how we fought for there freedom as if it was our own...where is there honor ...there pride...there loyalty...AMERICA get out....it seems any more all over the world when we see other countrys talking about the USA...AMERICA... they have very little good things to say about us, but still we try to help every one at the cost of financially devateing our own country which we love dearly...but still they condem us and tell us to get out....reading this article below by just one country, was so rewarding and gave me so much pride...i had to share it..i hope you all as AMERICANS will enjoy this as well and feel the same pride in these words..freedom was never free.. ......From a Romanian Newspaper :

We rarely get a chance to see another country's editorial about the USA

Read this excerpt from a Romanian Newspaper ... The article was written by Mr. Cornel Nistorescu and published under the title 'C'ntarea Americii, meaning 'Ode To America ') in the Romanian newspaper Evenimentulzilei 'The Daily Event' or 'News of the Day'.

~An Ode to America ~

Why are Americans so united? They would not resemble one another even if you painted them all one color! They speak all the languages of the world and form an astonishing mixture of civilizations and religious beliefs.

On 9/ll, the American tragedy turned three hundred million people into a hand put on the heart. Nobody rushed to accuse the White House, the Army, or the Secret Service that they are only a bunch of losers. Nobody rushed to empty their bank accounts. Nobody rushed out onto the streets nearby to gape about.

Instead the Americans volunteered to donate blood and to give a helping hand.

After the first moments of panic, they raised their flag over the smoking ruins, putting on T-shirts, caps and ties in the colors of the national flag. They placed flags on buildings and cars as if in every place and on every car a government official or the president was passing. On every occasion, they started singing: 'God Bless America !'

I watched the live broadcast and rerun after rerun for hours listening to the story of the guy who went down one hundred floors with a woman in a wheelchair without knowing who she was, or of the Californian hockey player, who gave his life fighting with the terrorists and prevented the plane from hitting a target that could have killed other hundreds or thousands of people.

How on earth were they able to respond united as one human being? Imperceptibly, with every word and musical note, the memory of some turned into a modern myth of tragic heroes. And with every phone call, millions and millions of dollars were put into collection aimed at rewarding not a man or a family, but a spirit, which no money can buy. What on earth unites the Americans in such a way? Their land? Their history? Their economic Power? Money? I tried for hours to find an answer, humming songs and murmuring phrases with the risk of sounding commonplace, I thought things over, I reached but only one conclusion... Only freedom can work such miracles.

Cornel Nistorescu

thank you all who took time to read my post...GOD BLESS AMERICA ......... BondLady

BONDLADY...

I admire your patriotism. I am a patriot too! We are descended directly from George Washington and Martha, and had one of his own letters in our attic, written in french and numeric code asking the French Admiral Lafayette for more troops to help fight the British. My family is also descended from Pres. Zachary Taylor and Robert E. Lee, directly. I love this country, and this is why I write the following....

Bondlady, you and so many others have been tricked and fooled into believing that Washington has set up 750 military bases around the world, invaded dozens of countries, like Iraq -----out of the goodness of their hearts. I am afraid that is a bit naive. Do you really think we "liberated" Iraq just to make them free? Why didn't we liberate all the other terrible dictatorships, like Cambodia (Pol Pot), Stalin's Russia, Mao's China, Pinochet's Chile....the list is endless for terrible dictators like Saddam. Freedom is the sugar we're given with the story, but the real reason is always money. In the case of the ME it's oil. We aren't there spending trillions for the sand nuggets ---- nor to "free" the Iraqis. Try to separate the good and valiant soldiers who do believe they are fighting for freedom, from their evil overlords and taskmasters - the b@st@ard Joint Chiefs and the conservative politicians who trick our brave young men and women into fighting their oil wars for them.

It's time to grow up.

So again, I love my country as much as you do. Perhaps even more. I'm willing to stand against the propaganda.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 17

ty all for your comments...and ty for yours too hame55.......the main reason i posted this was in tribute to my brother..R.I.P. and this being memorial weekend i thought it was appropriate. ill keep the memory of what he did and what he gave to me my family ..you..our country alive by doing something like this every memorial weekend....he gave his all he paid in blood..my brothers blood. have a safe memorial weekend every one and ty all service men and women past and present and i pray for all in harms way..........BondLady

• Upvote 11

Thanks Bondlady. It's always nicer to get a pat on the back than a fist in the face.

For those who may not have heard of another editorial like this, go to YOU TUBE and do a search for "The Americans" by Gordon Sinclair. He is a Canadian newspaper man who wrote this in the 1970's and was made into a recording. He really stands up for America with this editorial. Give it a listen.

GO RV ANNOUNCEMENT :):):)

i was thinking as i read this article below and im sorry i dont have a link to it, it was sent to me in a email from a friend and if i had more time, i could probably google and find the source of it but i was very moved by it and wanted to share it with all of us as AMERICANS, who would care to read this, it was so beautiful and moving....i have always been very patriotic my whole family is..my only brother who was a navy seal gave his all in viet nam and my mother and father was left with out a son and me and my 5 sisters was left without a brother, but he did what he did because he believed in freedom and our great country. as i read this artical i thought about yesterday in iraq, how sadr and his mahdi army made there grand display of 10's of 1000's as they marched thru the streets of iraq screaming for us AMERICANS, the USA to get out, after the blood of our sons and daughters and our mothers and fathers were spilt all over iraqi soil to buy there freedom at the cost of our beloved military men and women, how we fought for there freedom as if it was our own...where is there honor ...there pride...there loyalty...AMERICA get out....it seems any more all over the world when we see other countrys talking about the USA...AMERICA... they have very little good things to say about us, but still we try to help every one at the cost of financially devateing our own country which we love dearly...but still they condem us and tell us to get out....reading this article below by just one country, was so rewarding and gave me so much pride...i had to share it..i hope you all as AMERICANS will enjoy this as well and feel the same pride in these words..freedom was never free.. ......From a Romanian Newspaper :

We rarely get a chance to see another country's editorial about the USA

Read this excerpt from a Romanian Newspaper ... The article was written by Mr. Cornel Nistorescu and published under the title 'C'ntarea Americii, meaning 'Ode To America ') in the Romanian newspaper Evenimentulzilei 'The Daily Event' or 'News of the Day'.

~An Ode to America ~

Why are Americans so united? They would not resemble one another even if you painted them all one color! They speak all the languages of the world and form an astonishing mixture of civilizations and religious beliefs.

On 9/ll, the American tragedy turned three hundred million people into a hand put on the heart. Nobody rushed to accuse the White House, the Army, or the Secret Service that they are only a bunch of losers. Nobody rushed to empty their bank accounts. Nobody rushed out onto the streets nearby to gape about.

Instead the Americans volunteered to donate blood and to give a helping hand.

After the first moments of panic, they raised their flag over the smoking ruins, putting on T-shirts, caps and ties in the colors of the national flag. They placed flags on buildings and cars as if in every place and on every car a government official or the president was passing. On every occasion, they started singing: 'God Bless America !'

I watched the live broadcast and rerun after rerun for hours listening to the story of the guy who went down one hundred floors with a woman in a wheelchair without knowing who she was, or of the Californian hockey player, who gave his life fighting with the terrorists and prevented the plane from hitting a target that could have killed other hundreds or thousands of people.

How on earth were they able to respond united as one human being? Imperceptibly, with every word and musical note, the memory of some turned into a modern myth of tragic heroes. And with every phone call, millions and millions of dollars were put into collection aimed at rewarding not a man or a family, but a spirit, which no money can buy. What on earth unites the Americans in such a way? Their land? Their history? Their economic Power? Money? I tried for hours to find an answer, humming songs and murmuring phrases with the risk of sounding commonplace, I thought things over, I reached but only one conclusion... Only freedom can work such miracles.

Cornel Nistorescu

thank you all who took time to read my post...GOD BLESS AMERICA ......... BondLady

Very nice, was your Brother a Navy Seal in Vietnam?

BONDLADY...

I admire your patriotism. I am a patriot too! We are descended directly from George Washington and Martha, and had one of his own letters in our attic, written in french and numeric code asking the French Admiral Lafayette for more troops to help fight the British. My family is also descended from Pres. Zachary Taylor and Robert E. Lee, directly. I love this country, and this is why I write the following....

Bondlady, you and so many others have been tricked and fooled into believing that Washington has set up 750 military bases around the world, invaded dozens of countries, like Iraq -----out of the goodness of their hearts. I am afraid that is a bit naive. Do you really think we "liberated" Iraq just to make them free? Why didn't we liberate all the other terrible dictatorships, like Cambodia (Pol Pot), Stalin's Russia, Mao's China, Pinochet's Chile....the list is endless for terrible dictators like Saddam. Freedom is the sugar we're given with the story, but the real reason is always money. In the case of the ME it's oil. We aren't there spending trillions for the sand nuggets ---- nor to "free" the Iraqis. Try to separate the good and valiant soldiers who do believe they are fighting for freedom, from their evil overlords and taskmasters - the b@st@ard Joint Chiefs and the conservative politicians who trick our brave young men and women into fighting their oil wars for them.

It's time to grow up.

So again, I love my country as much as you do. Perhaps even more. I'm willing to stand against the propaganda.

I agree with you. I have said it before we are not a country we are a corporation. A great book to read that goes into detail about this is "Confessions of an economic hitman" I was also in the Army and the majority not all, but most of the soldiers were from mostly poor backgrounds. They join the military to get 3 meals a day and a roof over their head, most only know what they are taught from the military and the streets.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you for the post, BondLady. As a vet, and coming from a family where my father and brothers all served in the military; we knew going in the military that there was propaganda. We had a higher calling, we

loved our country, and would do whatever it took to keep our great nation from harm. We knew we would have to help other nations with their fight. So, hame55 we and others were not tricked, there is a time for

debate and a time for reflection. This is a time to remember our military past and present. Thank you BondLady, for your family's sacrifice.

• Upvote 7

Thank you, sweet Bondlady for that encouraging post.

My dear cousin was killed in Vietnam, it still hurts when

I think of him.. I can't even imagine the level of pain of

losing a brother. Thank you for sharing that with all of us.

We are grateful to the men and women who are laying their

lives on the line, on our behalf.And to the all the military

families who sacrifice daily for us, as well. We are thankful!

• Upvote 2

Bondlady, thank you for your post. Unfortunately, freedom comes at a cost as it did for your family and others. Many thanks and prayers to all who gave their lives and to those who continue to sacrifice so we may live in a better place.

To Hame55, unfortunately, there are people who hold high positions and do not possess the moral character of our forefathers, which is why exercising our rights of freedom is becoming more important than ever so the soldiers who gave/give their lives are not in vain. Please do not be fooled by an expression of one's belief in our country and what we stand for to be confused with ignorance. Many of us sit in front of our computers with our eyes wide open.

Thanks again to all our soldiers who have and still protect our country!

• Upvote 4

BONDLADY...

It's time to grow up.

An interesting viewpoint... however, perhaps you are the one being naive. All wars are about money... territory is about money... freedom is about money, especially democracy, which fosters trade, free-enterprise... sometimes capitalism.

What better byproduct of war than... FREEDOM... Spoils of war go to the winner.... land, resources... and yes, even the freed minds of people, that can now live and thrive, create and produce... making our lives better... including yours.

You are proud of your heritage, as am I... as are most who are aware of the true value of freedom... the cost, yes financial cost as well, of freedom. Your famous predecessors understood this as well... our revolution was fought because of money.

I am a direct descendant of William White of the Mayflower. Even the Separatist Pilgrims understood that their need for freedom, although for predominantly religious reasons, was also for economic reasons. Economic freedom assures liberty... to thrive in the pursuit of happiness.

Isn't that why you're here? Isn't that why you are able to enjoy the byproducts of the sacrifices of our armed forces and vets? Of course it is.

• Upvote 3

BEAUTIFUL... just beautiful, we wouldn't be what we are if it wasn't for all of the men and women who have given so very much, sometimes too much, so we can stand side by side and enjoy our "Freedom".... God Bless Us Everyone ...

Knocked on Heavens door this morning, God asked me, “ My

child, what can I do for you?” I said, “Father, please protect and bless the

person reading this”…..

God said, “DONE.”

Hope everyone has a Safe and Meaningful Memorial Day Weekend ... :rolleyes:

Lynn

THANK YOU!