Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

n rv in may

eddie21

another site

« CBI and Taxes not popular with Banks in Iraq | Main | Iraq Banking System Moving to 21st Century in 2014 »

CBI Tax and New Currency on hold

The Central Bank of Iraq made some changes to how it operates in reference to the banks and money changers inside Iraq. In late April, the CBI decided to impose a tax on all currency exchanges (as previously mentioned in my 5 May email newsletter). The CBI auctions experienced a downturn after imposing the tax on the banking institutions and all the currency exchange markets.

The initial intentions were good; however this slowed the everyday commerce in the banking industry causing far less transactions of foreign currency exchange. CBI was attempting to force Iraqi’s to not conduct foreign exchange transactions hoping to increase the Iraqi dinar value. When the CBI observed its several hundred million a day auctions plummet they made the executive decision to raise the tax limit to 50k for all foreign currency transactions. After this decision the Iraqi people ramped up the CBI auctions once again.

Seeing that the CBI has appeared to reverse their initial plans, my associates are saying that there will not be an RV in the month of May 2011. Regardless of the fact that the CBI has completed the Revaluation Re-denomination report. The CBI is also still waiting for PM Nuri Maliki’s request to have the report delivered to him. Unfortunately, my sources are confident an RV will not be possible this month.

The dinar currency projection from the recently published CBI annual report, soon to be published internally for the ministries will also coincide with no RV (May 2011).

Today, I got some additional, interesting information. The new Iraqi currency has been placed on hold. With the excuse being that with all the recent activities & transitions of the CBI bank (as well as the Iraqi government) it has just not been printed. I know this may be conflicting with what some of you have been told on some forums/blogs but this is factual & up to date information. There are no bills at this time. The printing of them is on hold.

------

another site

e-mail: ac@another site

------

Posted by another site on May 11, 2011 8:27 PM | Permalink

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

Hi eddie :)

Thank you for the post . As much as so many folks appear

to dislike ac, he is one of the *few* that has refused to take

the road of hype and for years has maintained at least some

integrity within his statements.

I ran across a few of his comments over time, and although I

am not that familiar with him, I must give him credit for not feeding into

the frenzy of this speculation.

Appreciate you effort eddie :)

All my best!

Jim

---

NOT COOL !!! If they do this then i agree with DONALD TRUMP,we should not leave without taking total control of all the damn oil in IRAQ.There is no way these dumba**e* can run a country.Now they are trying to interfere with my future golf plans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Thank you for the post eddie21.....I have read many posts by AC and frankly do not believe most of them. There are a couple of really good ones out there (posters) that provide links and back there intel. With a little research you will find them too. Go RV!! :D

I agree, i don't give much credit to a/c :(

• Upvote 1

NOT COOL !!! If they do this then i agree with DONALD TRUMP,we should not leave without taking total control of all the damn oil in IRAQ.There is no way these dumba**e* can run a country.Now they are trying to interfere with my future golf plans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it. :)

Easy there fella....I dont blah blah all your posts ;-)

I am guessing Easy isn't attacking you... just that what you stated is everyday news over in Iraq. There is probably just as much violence in our own country we just don't use car bombs and rocket launchers. I'm not trying to speak for Easy, but it seems like, if this is normal everyday life for them it won't impact the decision of an RV... IMO.

I don't know why anyone would give you a negative mark just for posting info from another site.

Don' t shoot the messenger.

+1 to make up for the dorks.

I agree. He took the time to post "info" from another site. It's not like he made it up!!!:blink: