Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Lopping of three zeros

Well hello everyone, this is my first time to ever post on this forum or any other Dinar related site. I am hoping that someone out there can explain what could potentially happen regarding the "lop". I have only been involved and invested in this for about three months and I keep reading bits and pieces about it. My concern is that I mostly hold larger bills 5K, 10K and 25K. Is that a bad thing? I keep seeing ebay auctions advertising "avoid the lop buy smaller bills". Will there be a window to cash these larger denoms in with no penalty? Thanks for your help, this is all new to me!

• Upvote 2

Well hello everyone, this is my first time to ever post on this forum or any other Dinar related site. I am hoping that someone out there can explain what could potentially happen regarding the "lop". I have only been involved and invested in this for about three months and I keep reading bits and pieces about it. My concern is that I mostly hold larger bills 5K, 10K and 25K. Is that a bad thing? I keep seeing ebay auctions advertising "avoid the lop buy smaller bills". Will there be a window to cash these larger denoms in with no penalty? Thanks for your help, this is all new to me!

It wont matter what bills you have if it does in fact LOP...they are all affected, dont be fooled by the ebay sellers or the "gurus".....if they remove the zeros or lop (which basically is the same thing around these parts lol) then every 25k note that you have, would only be equal to 25 dinar after a lop....its the downside to this investment and hopefully it doesnt happen!

Why do new people always want to be handfed instead of reading the...oh I don't know..the LOP section.

You never asked any questions when you were new? Geeze....if you cant answer his question then dont say anything......

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Why do new people always want to be handfed instead of reading the...oh I don't know..the LOP section.

Why do people have to be so rude? All this person did was ask a question. Isn't that was this site is for? To learn and help each other out? Geez! <_<

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Tropics: "Why do new people always want to be handfed instead of reading the...oh I don't know..the LOP section."

Why do people have to be so rude? All this person did was ask a question. Isn't that was this site is for? To learn and help each other out? Geez! <_<

Hi Strader :)

Unfortunately, it appears a very easy thing for some to talk down to those

they think they are superior to. I agree with you, but it obviously makes them

feel smart and certainly reveals the lack of considerate people skills.

Thanks for your comment :) There is a history of this with this poster unfortunately.

All my best!

Jim

---

• Upvote 2

So then keepmwlknfny, I should just keep buying the best bargains I can get regardless of denom, in your opinion? Because either way it won't matter?

Pretty much.....its all I guess a preference to you of what bills you would like.....there are what we call "pumpers" around these forums (you will be able to pick up on them quickly) and they make up bogus rumors almost on a daily basis, and pull stuff out of their arses that might sound good, but have no truth to them whatsoever (like the whole idea of spending way too much on lower denoms saying they are safe from a lop) ....my advice to you, is to take what you read, and then try the best you can to research and verify for yourself....you will find out shortly doing that, that there is a whole lot of BS floating around these forums....not all of it is, but alot....I would recommend reading scooters posts....he is very smart when it comes to digging for info and making sense of the numbers, ive had the pleasure of meeting with him on a personal level many times and learned alot from him about this investment

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hi Strader :)

Unfortunately, it appears a very easy thing for some to talk down to those

they think they are superior to. I agree with you, but it obviously makes them

feel smart and certainly reveals the lack of considerate people skills.

Thanks for your comment :) There is a history of this with this poster unfortunately.

All my best!

Jim

---

Hi Jim, thank you. It does appear that way. I have been an observer for quite a few months until today. I just couldn't stand it anymore, had to start putting in my :twocents: . :)

• Upvote 2

Welcome DiHM!! Look forward to you and Keepm "debating"!! Before you do, just make sure you pore over the LOP Talk section! I've learned much about the "dreaded" RD/LOP and its distinct possibility from what I consider Keep's intellectually honest, rigorous, "based-on-the facts" analysis of it! ;) GO RVVVVV!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Pretty much.....its all I guess a preference to you of what bills you would like.....there are what we call "pumpers" around these forums (you will be able to pick up on them quickly) and they make up bogus rumors almost on a daily basis, and pull stuff out of their arses that might sound good, but have no truth to them whatsoever (like the whole idea of spending way too much on lower denoms saying they are safe from a lop) ....my advice to you, is to take what you read, and then try the best you can to research and verify for yourself....you will find out shortly doing that, that there is a whole lot of BS floating around these forums....not all of it is, but alot....I would recommend reading scooters posts....he is very smart when it comes to digging for info and making sense of the numbers, ive had the pleasure of meeting with him on a personal level many times and learned alot from him about this investment

Thank you, I will check Scooters forum out. I've read some of his posts on another site. From the beginning I have approached this as extra money I could afford to "throw away" if nothing comes of it. I have researched prices and stuck to my guns. When buying on ebay for example, I've lost something like 320 auctions and only won 20. But that's just me. Looks like I got into this at a good time, but I'm the first to admit I don't understand all of it yet.

• Upvote 1

I am also a newbie to this site after watching it for a while. I vented a bit yesterday about the way newbies are treated and to my shock all of the old timers agreed and stuck up for us newbies ... so hang in there my friend

Hi Lori, I am also a Lori. :) It's true, I have also noticed a lot of nice people on here. It's just that the rude one's are so irritating! It's like they come on here just to make rude comments! We shouldn't have to be afraid of asking questions. JMO

• Upvote 1

Many posts on this site in the last few weeks that say the "bunny ear" or raising the zeros is the act of removing the currency with triple zeros and the CBI has been doing this as they come in. There has been a lot of personal opinions about what MAY occur, but truth is, nobody knows for sure so don't be alarmed. You will probably find out what is going on the same time the rest of us do.

BTW......Welcome to the best darn dinar site anywhere.

• Upvote 1

Many posts on this site in the last few weeks that say the "bunny ear" or raising the zeros is the act of removing the currency with triple zeros and the CBI has been doing this as they come in. There has been a lot of personal opinions about what MAY occur, but truth is, nobody knows for sure so don't be alarmed. You will probably find out what is going on the same time the rest of us do.

Thanks tommyboy. I'm sure you felt the same sinking feeling in your stomach after accumulating a good amount of Dinar and then reading something like that! I appreciate it.

• Upvote 1

That is of course what we all would rather it be, simply removing the bigger bills from circulation...except there is nothing to even remotely suggest that is the case.....the opinion of just removing the bills from circulation seems to be just a way to block out anything negative from a persons mind because they want so badly for this investment to turn out the way they were probly told when first buying in...

• Downvote 1

It is just my honest opinion that the actual value of our notes we hold will not changed. Though we may see , and probably will see smaller denoms. comes into play.There are many reasons that lead me to this conclusion! The fact that we as "small time investors" hold the larger notes...(at least most of usd do) is of very little concern to Iraq in my opinion! There is a much larger ...or should I say Many larger players in this investment that make up the majority of the total lump sum of dinar held outside of Iraq. These players....I believe to be the FED, and many other central banks (countries). Certain countries that hold a larger sum of dinar also hold some control over the ultimate future of Iraq. This "control", plays a very, very large roll in the future exports, trade, contracts in pretty much every area of the rebuilding of Iraq. I really dont see Iraq taking the risk of causing major losses to these holders..and future investors. This would be in my opinion "bad business! Iraq wants investment...and to basically just straight out shaft most of your "potential" future investors would be economical suicide....IMO! There are many people who have spent enormous amounts of time in research to try to find an answer to this question of "lop...or no lop"...and my approach may be simple, I think that sometimes the most simple answers can be the best way to look at things! Now, I do think what we will see is the lower denoms comes into play, since Iraq has made it clear that they indeed want the larger notes out of play. But, I dont think...and their have been statements made by Iraq confirming this, that the actual value of the notes will be changed....other than the exchange rate! Whatever the case may be, I believe that we will cash in our larger notes at whatever rate is decided upon, and then be taken out of circ. Like I said...this is my opinion, its simple, but seems to make the most sense...(without even going into other issues as to why they will not lop...such as hyper-inflation.) But, this is Iraq...so who really knows! God Bless each of you!

Hey Drowning,

One thing you should also be aware of with the lower denoms is that some are buying them not to protect from a LOP but in case there is a time frame to cash out the 000 notes. For example lets say it RVs tomorrow and the CBI says after 30 days the 000 notes are no longer legal tender. What are you going to do? You are going to run to the bank. What are the people with lower denoms gonna do? They are going to walk to the bank and cash some in and then wait for the excahnge rate to climb further. Us with the 000 notes wont have that luxury. I really don't see that happening but I guess it is possible.