Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"newbie" here and so what

I suppose one could consider me a newbie because I have only just joined here and started posting. I did not join earlier for the fact that some of the folks here are not very welcoming. I see the newbies get accused of being stupid and I have seen the newbies attacked in print here often. I have been invested since jan of 2005 and have done more research than I care to admit.. so all you old timers need to get a grip.. do unto others and all that.. Sending a shout out to all the other newbies.. hope to see you in the cash out line..

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 5

I think that what causes problems with many newbies is that they come on, ask a queston, want an immediate b & w answer and haven't read the materials Adam has left for them which many times answers the question or perhaps there isn't a quick answer. This is a "pay your dues" kind of place where you have to be constantly reading, investigating, and forming your own conclusions. Most people who have been on the site awhile run out of patience and this gets called bashing. It's like any gathering where one is new - look around, observe (read), and calmly work your way into the group.

• Upvote 5

I suppose one could consider me a newbie because I have only just joined here and started posting. I did not join earlier for the fact that some of the folks here are not very welcoming. I see the newbies get accused of being stupid and I have seen the newbies attacked in print here often. I have been invested since jan of 2005 and have done more research than I care to admit.. so all you old timers need to get a grip.. do unto others and all that.. Sending a shout out to all the other newbies.. hope to see you in the cash out line..

Way to make a good first impression.....I know that a good defense is good offense, but must you be offensive? I'm in the middle between newbie and oldtimer, and I found your post to have a slight edge to it that really was not necessary.....maybe you should follow your own advice - the do unto others part.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

It doesn't matter if your new to this site our any other site. The pepole are all the same.

The haiters will hate. The pepole that aren't happy with life as it is without an rv, will not

be happy with an rv. As for myself i live so cal so i'm always happy. Welcome to the site.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Roux I completly know where your coming from and I appreciate your post. I just had to vent. This newbie stuff gets so old even in life outside the computer. I have recently taken a new job with a private member only country club and the newbie thing gets old when I know I can run circles around so many of the 18 year olds who work there because "they are cute". I am working with nothing but snotty little spoiled brats who treat people they work with like crap. Then I come on here to relax and see the new members here being called names. i just want to defend i guess.. Again ty for your response..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Is that why this is in the rumor section? How can we believe that without proof? You didn't exactly wow us with your knowledge of the investment other than your observation that newer members get put in their places and ridiculed. Bringing a fresh or new perspective to the forums would have made a better first post, Just sayin'...

Welcome though, and hopefully you add some good stuff to these various discussions/debates/arguments/bashfests.

:D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Welcome Newbies! Remember we were all once a newbie.

I truly have not seen anyone attacked for asking any normal questions. There is the newbie pumper story phenomena that leads to some bashing. These stories are well written almost like a short story and revolve around secret intel or bank stories.

These posts are usually met with extreme caution and some people call B.S.

I apologize if someone name calls or is insulting.....but I had someone act that way the other day to one of my posts. People that hide behind their computer screens and insult others, are cowards, IMO.

Respectfully disagreeing and sharing ones perspective is difficult for some in these trying times. So if someone responds unkindly do not take it personally, blow it off. Most of us are nice and respectful people.

• Upvote 4

Texhad tyvm. I look forward to learning all I can about our investment. I am for the most part very low key so if other members here want me to wow you with my intel it's probley not going to happen . I will only share truths so I will lay low and watch. I should have learned by now in all of my 45 years on this planet to pick my battles wisely but I have always been a defender of people who I feel are wronged. The newbies being trashed hit a nerve. When and if I ever learn of solid truthful intel I will post..Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the forum. I am not sure what to say that won't get stomped on ... by you.

You came across as being very defensive even before anyone had any chance to connect with you. Personally, I did not find yours to be a good first impression at all. Even your title is defensive and not the most welcoming. I have to say here that usually you reap what you sow. Hopefully this can be an exception to that rule.

Maybe we will be more accepting of you, than you are of us, so far.

So, take you best shot, share your load of research and again, welcome to the forum. Used properly it is an amazing resource.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Welcome to DV. Normally I try to treat everyone with respect. SOME PEOPLE make it hard, but I still try. I think you will find that Karma makes its rounds in this forum. Sorry if you feel people are not nice to newbies, but I assure you, the majority of the people on this site are good folks, willing to help. Remember that respect is something that is earned......not demanded. Again, welcome.

RSS :)

• Upvote 3

Welcome,

I was a newbie once too

Kinda makes you wonder, the number of guests it shows online usually higher than the number of members online. How many more don't want to join for the same reason as you? Newbies are treated poorly and there are alot of guest out there that know alot about this investment, probably some with some good perspectives who do not share because they don't want to put up with the bashing that is constant on this forums. Its a shame really.

• Upvote 3

While posting the first time to your message, and offering a welcome, I mentioned your defensive attitude. All the while there was a word for it that I just could not remember. Age is beginning to take its toll here. But I remember now, after rereading your title, what that word is. What that attitude is. How your title and even parts of your post, come across ...

Belligerent

Hope it was just a first post response to an attitude you saw here that you didn't like.

;)

smee2

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

RSS tyvm .Since I have been readi posts on this site for the past month or so I have come across your posts often and for what it's worth I find you to be very respectful to all people. I have read many of your posts just because of this. I will be looking for more posts of yours in the future... TYVM LORI

I agree.. we're all in this together... a bit of a Fraternity, so to speak. I've been in for several months but won't consider myself ill-informed in any way. Let the grumpy old's ***** because you (we) are new. But I feel it can be evident that even though we may have not been in it for seven years, we still know just about as much as the majority because we're following the same info. I posted about this last week.. lighten the hell up. There just might be info we can all share without getting flogged because of an opinion.

Thick skin here.. I can use a computer to research, read and learn like the best of 'em. And, WE ARE all learning day by day... the story and information changes all the time.

Seriously.. 'build" those around you... don't tear down.

just sayin' :D

As a newbie You know as much as an old timer. At least your brain hasn't been polluted with misinformation and false hopes on a regular basis. The more misinformation your read, the more likely your brain will get fried and you will dump your IQD. Beware of the Pumpers.Anyone who claims a date, price and indicates "sources high up" say this or that are baiting you into buying dinar. It has become big business for some and their pitchmen are everywhere. Kinda like when your coworker tried to lure you into MLM marketing programs like GOJI Juice or Monavie. Stop and think. In one ear and out the other.

Edited by sheik

Smee2 thank you for our opinion of me although i will always defend people who are trashed for no reason. I have heard that I have New York attitude but I have never been called belligerent. I hope i spelled that right. Funny thing is that when i was told I had a NY attitude I had been living in the south for 17 years. I suppose It may be time for me to shop for my super hero costume.. and maybe we should have a super hero lottery for a name that suits . Lori defender of the newbie seems a bit long tho . Again ty until we meet again (as i ride off on my white horse).

• Upvote 1

If you have done your homework and research then you shouldnt be worried about posting because you should have a good idea about what your talking about......the reason alot of newbs get bashed is because we get waves of newbs over here that seem to be doing nothing but trying to start trouble, or coming over trying to act like this site should change to fit their needs and we arent going to stand for that kind of stuff......

You don't need to give explanations/justify why you didn't join earlier.........Of course not.........Welcome to the Forum.........