Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Too many similarities between the rapturists and the dinarists

Saturday came and went with no earthly destruction as promised by Harold Camping (again). This weekend came and went with no RV as promised by the dinar pumpers (again). The definitive new date for the rapture is now October sometime. The definitive new date for the RV is Wednesday. The followers of Harold Camping believed with all their heart that the rapture was to occur. They were absolutely certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was to happen. They studied the Bible and scripture. They prayed. In many cases, they spent their life's savings in preparation. Even after the rapture failed to occur, most still adamently believe it is coming soon. The investors in the dinar (dinarists) believe with all their heart that the RV will occur. A year ago, many told us beyond a shadow of a doubt that the RV would have definitely occurred by now. Even though it hasn't happend, most still adamently believe it will. They have scoured the news and listened to Shabbibi. In many cases, they've spent way too much money in anticipation.

In spite of the striking similarities between rapturists and dinarists I can't help but wonder why we can easily dismiss Harold Camping and his followers as mind numbed cultists with no basis in reality and yet view our own devotion to the dinar as a reasonable, rational, grounded investment. What's the difference?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 6

It's a pretty funny analogy, Networth ... I got a chuckle.

There's a kernal of truth in what you say. Certainly, some here are that blinded by the dinar.

We can sell our dinar today for 70% what we bought it for ...

The mindset is similar, though.

TS

I believe in the RV; I don't believe in the cult.

and your point is...........????

Read the post. I'm asking a question. What's the difference between the rapturists, which most of us view as naive and cultish and dinarists? Why can we see the foolishness and naivity of Harold Camping and his followers but don't have the same view of ourselves?

Read the post. I'm asking a question. What's the difference between the rapturists, which most of us view as naive and cultish and dinarists? Why can we see the foolishness and naivity of Harold Camping and his followers but don't have the same view of ourselves?

Well you can only speak for yourself its up to the individual to believe just like beleiving in Christ its up to them personally not everyone buys into the kool-aid on these forums just like the idiots that fell for camping's BS. Only difference is the word of God is the truth and gives us clues and that is fact now this investment i cant say that about the dinar and especially the news that comes out of Iraq and gurus its all speculation and thus keeps these forums going. Nothing is certain in this because if it was well we all wouldnt be on here so much speculating.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well you can only speak for yourself its up to the individual to believe just like beleiving in Christ its up to them personally not everyone buys into the kool-aid on these forums just like the idiots that fell for camping's BS. Only difference is the word of God is the truth and gives us clues and that is fact now this investment i cant say that about the dinar and especially the news that comes out of Iraq and gurus its all speculation and thus keeps these forums going. Nothing is certain in this because if it was well we all wouldnt be on here so much speculating.

Well said +1

• Upvote 1

ROFLMAO......

He has "revised" his rapture date to Oct 21 per my news about 20 mins ago....of which is part of the problem...why do news outlets even give this nutcase coverage??? :blink:

I am pretty sure I have talked to Harold Camping on HERE before...maybe more than once :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oct 21 HuH Bummer thats opening day of pheasant hunting.

Why are the followers of Camping "idiots"? Because his predictions ended up being wrong and they believed it? What does that make us?

And I would beg to differ you on your characterization of the dinar. There hasn't been a single website or guru that has not implied that the RV is certain. Every single one (including DV) says (or, at least, strongly implies) it is certain, that it is going to happen. It's just a matter of when. That sounds eerily similar to Camping and the followers that you deem "idiots".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The reason we are different

WE ARE NOT TESTING THE TEMPER OF GOD, with our investment.

The Bible states that NO man knows the hour of the second coming.

SOMEONE SOMEWHERE knows the date and the rate of the dinar

This makes us hugely different

• Upvote 1

They do? Based on what? That is preposterous. We have no information and no evidence to suggest that anyone knows that. It's the GRAND ASSUMPTION! Everybody assumes it will RV simply because everyone else is assuming it will RV. Your position supports the point that there is no difference between believing that the rapture was going to occur Saturday and believing the dinar will RV someday. None. Both provide no physical evidence. Both require significant faith and belief strictly based on personal interpretation of written or verbal communication and bias. It is strangely similar. Yet most people think the rapturists are a bunch of outlandish kooks.

They do? Based on what? That is preposterous. We have no information and no evidence to suggest that anyone knows that. It's the GRAND ASSUMPTION! Everybody assumes it will RV simply because everyone else is assuming it will RV. Your position supports the point that there is no difference between believing that the rapture was going to occur Saturday and believing the dinar will RV someday. None. Both provide no physical evidence. Both require significant faith and belief strictly based on personal interpretation of written or verbal communication and bias. It is strangely similar. Yet most people think the rapturists are a bunch of outlandish kooks.

simmer down man everyone has their own opinons this is a FORUM. I Think otherwise to a degree they are similar and not so similar.

Saturday came and went with no earthly destruction as promised by Harold Camping (again). This weekend came and went with no RV as promised by the dinar pumpers (again). The definitive new date for the rapture is now October sometime. The definitive new date for the RV is Wednesday. The followers of Harold Camping believed with all their heart that the rapture was to occur. They were absolutely certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was to happen. They studied the Bible and scripture. They prayed. In many cases, they spent their life's savings in preparation. Even after the rapture failed to occur, most still adamently believe it is coming soon. The investors in the dinar (dinarists) believe with all their heart that the RV will occur. A year ago, many told us beyond a shadow of a doubt that the RV would have definitely occurred by now. Even though it hasn't happend, most still adamently believe it will. They have scoured the news and listened to Shabbibi. In many cases, they've spent way too much money in anticipation.

In spite of the striking similarities between rapturists and dinarists I can't help but wonder why we can easily dismiss Harold Camping and his followers as mind numbed cultists with no basis in reality and yet view our own devotion to the dinar as a reasonable, rational, grounded investment. What's the difference?

I don't drive around with a "RV IS COMING" sign strapped to the top of my car! <_<

GO RV, then BV

Why are the followers of Camping "idiots"? Because his predictions ended up being wrong and they believed it? What does that make us?

And I would beg to differ you on your characterization of the dinar. There hasn't been a single website or guru that has not implied that the RV is certain. Every single one (including DV) says (or, at least, strongly implies) it is certain, that it is going to happen. It's just a matter of when. That sounds eerily similar to Camping and the followers that you deem "idiots".

WRONG!

I don't know about the rest but Adam has stated more than once not to invest more than you can afford to lose, and that a lop is a possibility although he doesn't think it's likely. (Do you believe the rate will remain at 1170? I sure don't. But that hardly makes me the equivalent of a Camping devotee.) I don't know of anybody here who follows Adam with religious devotion viewing him as infallible. It was an amusing comparison but now you're just becoming a nuisance.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

NW, I've got to agree with Mr. Rich ... you are taking this a bit too far. However, if you want to take it a step further, the Rapturists could have abandoned their belief of May 21st (now Oct ??). Similarly, you can abandon your following of DV and your following of the IQD (your investing in the IQD).

Should you choose to divest of the IQD, you'll take a (somewhat) minor loss (today). The 'all in' believers of your referenced 'cult' are not so lucky. Many of them budgeted to the day of May 21st and/or quit their jobs and sold their property. Now what? they are probably asking.

For you, were you to divest of the IQD, there should be many other horizons for you to pursue ;-)

Yes, I know that you are NOT going to divest. So do you ... so please just drop it.

TS

• Upvote 1

WRONG!

I don't know about the rest but Adam has stated more than once not to invest more than you can afford to lose, and that a lop is a possibility although he doesn't think it's likely. (Do you believe the rate will remain at 1170? I sure don't. But that hardly makes me the equivalent of a Camping devotee.) I don't know of anybody here who follows Adam with religious devotion viewing him as infallible. It was an amusing comparison but now you're just becoming a nuisance.

I don't know specifically what Adam has said, but this website, DinarVets, suggests that posters and subscribers are informed, engaged, and prepared. That's a very strong suggestion that the dinar will RV. In addition, the vast majority of the posters here are indeed firm believers that the dinar will RV and reading their posts would only lead you to that conclusion. But, as you admit, it's really nothing more than a belief. You have nothing but belief that the rate will eventually change. That, to me, doesn't make it much different than a rapturist. It's not a bad thing. I just think it's very interesting that we all seem to agree that the rapturists are a bit silly and delusional. But, if we are completely honest, we are not much different in our sincere and passionate belief that the dinar will RV. Perhaps we are far more silly and delusional than we think.

Really, I believe this comparison is quite a reach! You might as well compare us to devoted Cubs fans... waiting for them to win the World Series (no offense to Cubs fans)... or any other group of devotees, or believers, or fans, etc. etc... So, with that... why even go there, other than because you can? Sometimes, we just want to connect too much... for example, did you know I'm just six degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon!!! All in jest, please... best of luck to you... and all!

I don't know specifically what Adam has said, but this website, DinarVets, suggests that posters and subscribers are informed, engaged, and prepared. That's a very strong suggestion that the dinar will RV. In addition, the vast majority of the posters here are indeed firm believers that the dinar will RV and reading their posts would only lead you to that conclusion. But, as you admit, it's really nothing more than a belief. You have nothing but belief that the rate will eventually change. That, to me, doesn't make it much different than a rapturist. It's not a bad thing. I just think it's very interesting that we all seem to agree that the rapturists are a bit silly and delusional. But, if we are completely honest, we are not much different in our sincere and passionate belief that the dinar will RV. Perhaps we are far more silly and delusional than we think.

Of course, we all believe that there is a strong suggestion that the IQD will increase in value ($$). If you had read Adam's book before you invested you would have seen that he estimated that were the IQD to RV, it could begin as low as $0.10. Now, in chat, he says that an LOP is possible (though unlikely) and that (now) if the IQD RV's, he wouldn't be surprised to see an initial rate of $0.10 - $0.35.

The way you stretch your logic is a bit rediculous.

I've known since the beginning that this investment may bring me no, or little, gain. Didn't you?? I just figured that I would much rather be in and 'lose' than not participate and watch a phenomenal return pass me bye ...

Please reference my previous post for options that you might consider (which we know you won't consider).

I actually gave you a +1 for your original post (for creativity). Now, as you adhere to a rediculous premise, you are sounding more and more like Camping himself.

TS

• Upvote 1

End Quote

How can you be sure of that? You can't.

WRONG!

I'd tend to agree.

but this website, DinarVets, suggests that posters and subscribers are informed, engaged, and prepared.

Yes, prepared like a boyscout in case it L O P's. But we have hope or a gut feeling or even an educated guess that this won't be the case, mostly probably hope.

You sound very agitated, I hope you can find peace with your investment.

K. Point taken.

I have noticed that as the check list of items required for an rv get checked off, the naysayers and scam proponents complain more and more. Could it be that you see the movement towards a rv and are worried that you might have to eat some crow if it actually does? Food for thought. Have a great day.

Networth,

This is an investment. Need proof. Read on. It's copied from an internet article about the dinar's rapid rise in value. It's from a few years back and doesn't include the more recent rises in the Dinar until it got locked in at 1170 IQD = 1 USD in 2008 I believe.

"The value of one IQD went from $0.00027USD in October of 2003 to $0.00068USD in August of 2004. That is roughly a 252% growth. To put that in perspective, say that you were able to purchase 5,000,000 IQD at the listed exchange rate (1 IQD = $0.00027 USD) in October, 2003. That would have been a $1,350 initial investment. By August of 2004, less than a year, that same 5,000,000 IQD was now worth $3,400 USD, for a gross profit of $2,050!"

Now if we do the math with today's value of the dinar from a forex chart... 0.00085 x 5,000,000 IQD = 4,250 USD

The initial 5M IQD investment that cost $1350 now cost $4250. I know it costs more through traders, but you get the idea.

There's been a huge increase in the value of the dinar since the invasion. Now, with most of the fighting finished, once they get their act together and join the rest of the world, their money value is definitely going to grow. We can now only hope to see it grow significantly, but grow it will.

That is not cultish friend, that is a wise investment. Be glad your invested. This could pay off big or you might just make your money back with a few extra dollars to spare. We all hope for the former as anyone would with their 401K in US or RRSP's in Canada.

2001 USD $0.00050760

2002 USD $0.00034290

2004 USD $0.00070370

2008 USD $0.00081360

2011 USD $0.00085

ROFLMAO......

He has "revised" his rapture date to Oct 21 per my news about 20 mins ago....of which is part of the problem...why do news outlets even give this nutcase coverage??? :blink:

I am pretty sure I have talked to Harold Camping on HERE before...maybe more than once :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You need to be quick around here. HAROLD CAMPING IS OKIE.