Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

please tell me the tax advantages of long term verses short term

loriluvs2play

Is there a tax advantage to being invested since 2005 verses investing now? I do not really understand the long term/short term info that I have read in other places. From what I see there are some very smart people here so can you give me any info? I am educated and read fairly well so you won't have to type slowly. It's just comprehending has never been my strong point.. I get bored easily with the long reports I see on sites . Thank you

Short term ( less than a year ) 35% capital gains tax $35.00 Dollars per $100.00 profit

Long term ( more than a year ) 15% capital gains tax $15.00 Dollars per $100.00 profit

This does not include your state tax which depends on where you live, you will also pay a spread and a premium upon cash in. No idea what that will be.

After it's all said and done

short term you will probably net 45 50% or $45 - $50 per hundred

long term 65 - 70% $65 - $70.00 per hundred

• Upvote 1

Short term ( less than a year ) 35% capital gains tax $35.00 Dollars per $100.00 profit

Long term ( more than a year ) 15% capital gains tax $15.00 Dollars per $100.00 profit

This does not include your state tax which depends on where you live, you will also pay a spread and a premium upon cash in. No idea what that will be.

After it's all said and done

short term you will probably net 45 50% or $45 - $50 per hundred

long term 65 - 70% $65 - $70.00 per hundred

WOW .... I really find it amazing just how much tax you guys are gonna pay !!! All im looking at paying is 1% to the bank for cash in which may be waved depending on the amount i plan to deposit with the bank ........ and thats it .....

now i will get taxed on my interest for any account but there are ways around that .... i could open a tax free account with 4.4% interest that can be compounded monthly which amounts to roughly £44,000 / $71,700 on interest alone for year one on 1 million pounds and all tax free baby !!

you guys really get screwed .... I thought it was bad here.

GO RV :twothumbs:

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 1