Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Foreign aid for Missouri

tjmunson

I'll be curious to see how much foreign disaster aid we get to help the folks in Joplin Missouri. We step up and help every country in the world after a natural disaster strikes. Do you think any of them are gonna help us out now?

• Upvote 5

While I agree with the sentiment behind your post, the truth is disaster areas in America are still better places to be than about a third of the planet. There are probably folks starving in villages in Africa who would love to have been put on boats and sent to camp out in New Orleans after Katrina. Foreign aid for Missouri would probably take longer to get here than it will for local and state crew to clean things up and get folks back into normal life again.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure they are. I mean, look at Katrina. That was about as bad as we'll probably see in our lifetimes. I'm in Dallas and I saw the effects of that in my area and all through the eastern part of the state. My dad works for a company that partners with HUD homes and they were literally giving houses away to Katrina refugees.

116 people dead in a community is a lot, and its sad, but its not significant on a state level, let alone a national one. I'll bet 100 people disappeared today in the US between lunch and now. Missouri doesn't need foreign aid anymore than Texas needed Obama to declare some grass fires a federal emergency last month.

Correct me if IM wrong...isnt being a "global" citizen a 2 way street. Wouldn't America be getting aid from other countries after natural disasters if we were all GLOBAL CITIZENS.....my money will stay in America helping those who appreciate "THE HELPER". If im offbase here just deal with it :P

• Upvote 3