Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

God help me

CAPT JACK

Wife was heading to Branson, MO and a car passing her shot out a garden spike. The spike went through her grill and through the radiator. The insurance company is going to total the car. This really sucks. God please we really need the Iraqi Dinar to RV. :(

As long as she will be OK, then I guess the rest is Immaterial Vehicles can be replaced, loved ones cannot.

pp.

That is true, but those types of problems can be quite burdensome, even if there may be insurance involved that might help cover some of the costs.

Capt Jack, I hope you are able to figure something out with soon, best of luck to you and your family!

• Upvote 2

Sorry to hear that CAPT JACK,everything will turn out right,hang on for a few more days. ;)

GO RV, quick please!!!!

Thank you

That is true, but those types of problems can be quite burdensome, even if there may be insurance involved that might help cover some of the costs.

Capt Jack, I hope you are able to figure something out with soon, best of luck to you and your family!

Thanks

As long as she will be OK, then I guess the rest is Immaterial Vehicles can be replaced, loved ones cannot.

pp.

I second this sentiment. I had the awful feeling as I started to read, and after reading the title, that perhaps your wife had been hurt badly and you were seeking prayers for her recovery or even just for her survival. Not to make what you have lost any less a problem for you, but you could have lost her.

Let the insurance write off you car, and let them replace it with something less than you want. It matters not. You and your live wife can go toodling about in anything with four wheels that gets from point a to point b. When the RV happens you and your still living wife can go out and shop together for a new vehicle, or one for each of you. And together you and your wife can whip out the cash or a cheque and just pay for it entirely before you leave the showroom. No car loans, no figuring out what you can afford or not afford. You can just pay and drive away and give whatever you were driving to the local high school that has a mechanic or body work shop for the students. But you and she will do all this together.

You are lucky, fortunate, blessed. Take it from someone who was not blessed in that way when the moment arrived ... I would rather have my spouse back and be facing financial problems than have the RV happen without him, which it will.

Go RV and Go Blessings in Your Home!

:)

smee2

• Upvote 2

Sorry to trouble you all with this, I was just on line and needed to vent. There is far worse things going on, Joplin, MO is gone hit by a tornado. If you pray, pray for all those that are hurt and have lost everything. As always thanks for your concern. :tiphat:

• Upvote 2

Sorry to hear that, and I'm glad your wife is alright. If you were out here in Iowa, I'd help you swap out that rad.

It's not a big job and depending on what car it is could be as cheap as a couple hundred bucks to fix yourself.

Most non-dealer jobbers like Autozone and others can get that rad overnight and many have the common rads in stock.

Hug your wife and be glad she's safe. Take care my friend. God bless you and your family.

• Upvote 1

So sorry to here that... My buddy just had his car totaled due to hail, of all things. My point is, the insurance company bought his car from him, he then bought it back, had it fixed and ended up with extra money in his pocket. Worth looking into. Thank God your wife is ok.

Happened to my daughter as well. She walked away with a good replacement vehicle and $1400.00 to boot.

Hang in there Capt. Jack. Family is everything!!! Everything else is replaceable.

From a guy who has squeezed alot of lemons to make lemonade, Daniel

• Upvote 1

Wait a minute bud.....all that was damaged was the radiator?? What kind of car is it? Was there any more damage?? Something isent right.....I would assume you have full coverage?? Sorry for being so nosey but I work in the auto field and for them to total your car, there had to of been more to it then that.....

• Upvote 1

Jack, you and your family are in our (my wife and I) prayers. Nothing can be more disturbing than to know that your wife or family has been in danger. Thankfully, the only thing you lost was your car. But even the lost of transportation can be upsetting when one is in difficult straits. I've been there and am close to that point now. Many of us need for the RV to happen. I will be praying that it does happen quickly for all of us. If not, keep on serving God and waiting for this to happen.

May the love of Christ be with your family.

• Upvote 1

I'm so sorry to hear this, Capt'n Jack. Of course, I am very grateful that you wife wasn't hurt, and I am sure you are, too, but these kinds of expenses are also overwhelming--when we don't have the money to handle them. Thankfully, this RV will come quite soon, and within a few months, you'll look back at this and laugh at how dreadful it felt. But for now, my heart is with you and your wife--I know how hard it is to cope financially with unexpected events when we have so little money to see us through.

But thankfully, it won't always be like this, and until then, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Between now and then, be safe . . .

Many blessings . . . (They're coming SOON!!!)

Francie26

• Upvote 1

Wait a minute bud.....all that was damaged was the radiator?? What kind of car is it? Was there any more damage?? Something isent right.....I would assume you have full coverage?? Sorry for being so nosey but I work in the auto field and for them to total your car, there had to of been more to it then that.....

USAA sent us a message telling us it will probably be totaled. Don't have all the details, it took out the AC also. I don't know what else, find out tomorrow. Thanks for your concern.

USAA sent us a message telling us it will probably be totaled. Don't have all the details, it took out the AC also. I don't know what else, find out tomorrow. Thanks for your concern.

FYI, Insurance companies do this on a regular basis.....tell someone their car is totaled (when its really not) they will use the most expensive repairs possible to justify it and then basically turn around, fix it cheap as hell, and sell it for more then what they will give you....its so they basically dont end up paying out anything at all and its f*&ked up.....Ive seen it so many times its not even funny.....if you could tell me what kind of car it is, I could give you a better idea of what your looking at......year, make, model, miles....

• Upvote 1

I so glad your wife was unharmed... Im also glad your apart of this forum...... I love your post and how respectful you are to each of the members here... I could sure use this RV too and will say a prayer for your family.......

God Bless

Bodeen

• Upvote 1

FYI, Insurance companies do this on a regular basis.....tell someone their car is totaled (when its really not) they will use the most expensive repairs possible to justify it and then basically turn around, fix it cheap as hell, and sell it for more then what they will give you....its so they basically dont end up paying out anything at all and its f*&ked up.....Ive seen it so many times its not even funny.....if you could tell me what kind of car it is, I could give you a better idea of what your looking at......year, make, model, miles....

2003 Honda Accord, 110,000

2003 Honda Accord, 110,000

Ok well thats good because number 1, hondas hold their value, and number 2 parts are easy and fairly inexpensive......from what you described to me it sounds like what they would need to do is replace the condensor (for the ac) and the radiator....and I can tell you that just from those two alone it will not be more then 60% of the cars value to repair those two items (60% is the number they normally use to determine if a car is totaled or not) The insurance company will probly give you a wild, crazy estimate, using the most expensive parts and labor, and probly replacing more then whats necessary just to get the numbers higher on their end but what you can do is shop around at different repair shops and get estimates of your own to find the cheapest repair possible but it can be more of a financial burden to have them total your car and you end up having to find a new ride. You will just need to do a little leg work of your own (which is what the insurance companies count on you NOT doing) so that you can find the best option availible to you.....dont sweat it right now....wait till you get the estimate from your insurance company and if need be Im here to be of any service I can....just drop me a line if you have any questions....glad at least everyone is ok and no one was hurt!! biggrin.gif

• Upvote 2

Ok well thats good because number 1, hondas hold their value, and number 2 parts are easy and fairly inexpensive......from what you described to me it sounds like what they would need to do is replace the condensor (for the ac) and the radiator....and I can tell you that just from those two alone it will not be more then 60% of the cars value to repair those two items (60% is the number they normally use to determine if a car is totaled or not) The insurance company will probly give you a wild, crazy estimate, using the most expensive parts and labor, and probly replacing more then whats necessary just to get the numbers higher on their end but what you can do is shop around at different repair shops and get estimates of your own to find the cheapest repair possible but it can be more of a financial burden to have them total your car and you end up having to find a new ride. You will just need to do a little leg work of your own (which is what the insurance companies count on you NOT doing) so that you can find the best option availible to you.....dont sweat it right now....wait till you get the estimate from your insurance company and if need be Im here to be of any service I can....just drop me a line if you have any questions....glad at least everyone is ok and no one was hurt!! biggrin.gif

Thanks