Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Extend the period of protection to U.S. Iraqi funds

Leila Ahmed

United States decided to extend the state of emergency in Iraq for an additional year in order to protect Iraqi funds, in response to the demand of Iraqi government in this regard.

The White House said the U.S. said in a statement Wednesday that the decision was made to the existence of obstacles to the orderly reconstruction of Iraq, and restoring and maintaining peace and security in the country, and the development of political institutions, administrative and economic, as well as the continuing threats against national security.

He welcomed the observers to resolution and the enemy is a positive step for the protection of Iraqi funds from creditors who have become some of them pose a threat to the Iraqi economy, according to economist Hilal Taan, who stressed in an interview with Radio Free Iraq that increase the duration of protection money leads to better stability, adding that the Iraqi government can work through this General in the settlement of debts Having achieved a settlement of the 80% of that debt.

Indicates former MP and Wael Abdul Latif, the need to seek the Iraqi government to settle their debts through the ports in diplomacy and foreign relations Alseisep and close this file in its entirety.

As if to underline the need for observers to active Iraqi diplomacy through the extension of protection to the Iraqi money, Taan expert stresses the need for a joint work between the Ministry of Finance and Central Bank of Iraq, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

However, the MP Wael Abdel Alllatif questioned the ability of the Iraqi diplomacy to contribute to ending the debt file, due to different trends in the government, calling on all political forces to work hard to close the file of debt that may deplete the financial resources of Iraq.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Leila Ahmed

United States decided to extend the state of emergency in Iraq for an additional year in order to protect Iraqi funds, in response to the demand of Iraqi government in this regard.

The White House said the U.S. said in a statement Wednesday that the decision was made to the existence of obstacles to the orderly reconstruction of Iraq, and restoring and maintaining peace and security in the country, and the development of political institutions, administrative and economic, as well as the continuing threats against national security.

He welcomed the observers to resolution and the enemy is a positive step for the protection of Iraqi funds from creditors who have become some of them pose a threat to the Iraqi economy, according to economist Hilal Taan, who stressed in an interview with Radio Free Iraq that increase the duration of protection money leads to better stability, adding that the Iraqi government can work through this General in the settlement of debts Having achieved a settlement of the 80% of that debt.

Indicates former MP and Wael Abdul Latif, the need to seek the Iraqi government to settle their debts through the ports in diplomacy and foreign relations Alseisep and close this file in its entirety.

As if to underline the need for observers to active Iraqi diplomacy through the extension of protection to the Iraqi money, Taan expert stresses the need for a joint work between the Ministry of Finance and Central Bank of Iraq, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

However, the MP Wael Abdel Alllatif questioned the ability of the Iraqi diplomacy to contribute to ending the debt file, due to different trends in the government, calling on all political forces to work hard to close the file of debt that may deplete the financial resources of Iraq.

That means no RV for one more year? I sure hope not.

• Upvote 1

I saw that press release too but from what I've been reading, it sounds like the protection is really only extended until June 30th of this year. Don't quote me on that but that is my understanding. ;)

The protections in EO 13303 refer to seized funds outlined in EO 13315; IN ADDITION TO the DFI funds.

The DFI was not renewed. Those protections through the UN will expire June 30, 2011.

The US has extended EO 13303, which includes the separate seized funds that still have the EO 13315 protection; as long as EO 13303 remains in effect.

EO 13303 can be terminated whenever the POTUS determines it is no longer needed.

If Iraq has it's stick together and has met the requirements of UN CH VII, EO 13303 can be terminated, if the Pres deems it no longer needed.

The separate letter to the House of Representatives telegraphs the intent to take a wait and see stance and decide based on where Iraq's status is on June 30, 2011..

• Upvote 1

The protections in EO 13303 refer to seized funds outlined in EO 13315; IN ADDITION TO the DFI funds.

The DFI was not renewed. Those protections through the UN will expire June 30, 2011.

The US has extended EO 13303, which includes the separate seized funds that still have the EO 13315 protection; as long as EO 13303 remains in effect.

EO 13303 can be terminated whenever the POTUS determines it is no longer needed.

If Iraq has it's stick together and has met the requirements of UN CH VII, EO 13303 can be terminated, if the Pres deems it no longer needed.

The separate letter to the House of Representatives telegraphs the intent to take a wait and see stance and decide based on where Iraq's status is on June 30, 2011..

Perfectly stated. I also have read that in order to extend the DFI funds Iraq would have to submit a written request no less than 60 days before the termination date. That window has now closed as June 30th is 40 days away. The clock is ticking and Iraq at this point can not stop it.

So is the possible loss of this money worth it to NOT RV? I guess that's the estimated 30 billion dollar question.

• Upvote 2

Perfectly stated. I also have read that in order to extend the DFI funds Iraq would have to submit a written request no less than 60 days before the termination date. That window has now closed as June 30th is 40 days away. The clock is ticking and Iraq at this point can not stop it.

So is the possible loss of this money worth it to NOT RV? I guess that's the estimated 30 billion dollar question.

That is the question. I honestly hope that Maliki doesn't try to pull another delay out of his hat. The poor rabbit is smothering...

I personally believe they need to focus on UN Chapter VII.

If Maliki insists on not seating the government, I believe the Provisional Government still remains in control.

If that is the case, the US can't speak for the UN on the Kuwait issues.

If you are going to get sued back to the stone age, it would be a good idea to get the check book topped off.

Without moving out of CH VII, they are as broke as the US.

You can't pay for top notch legal procrastination if you can't bank your liquid assets.

If they want to make some fast cash, sell tickets to see Maliki sweat when he runs out of bright ideas and there is a lynch mob outside holding a personalized rope.

There is just something about gravity that clears the mind...

I really HATE to be a nay sayer...but once agian you are dealing with Iraq/Iraqis. And most of all I am NOT saying for another year, BUT! I am just as ready as ANYone for it to RV. Just .10 so I can get the H187 of Afghanistan!!! GO RV

cool.gifIf it goes to a dime, don't hit the brakes cause I'm coming over ya to get out of this hellhole!!! cool.gif

• Upvote 1