Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Well, first off....what is a cult exactly?

This is the definition I pulled from dictionary.com

1. A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

2. A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

1-It seems there is indeed a lot of semi-religious devotion toward the IQD....but lets define religion as well just for kicks.

1. The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

2. Details of belief as taught or discussed.

1-Money in general is a controlling power, even though its not superhuman.

2-Certainly most of the things we read in the rumor section are details of belief as taught or discussed(speculation).

So this I believe qualifies this speculation as religious veneration, especially when people believe that impossible things could happen to support beliefs which have no real basis in fact(Such as fractional banking, which against Sharia law). Or rumors like CBI has pulled money out of circulation...that one is tossed around quite a bit with nothing to back it up.Etc, etc.

2-We could certainly be considered a relatively small group of people having "religious" beliefs considered strange or sinister. Who in their right mind would believe a one thousand dollar investment could turn into millions after all? The first thing your average person is going to think is its a scam.

At this point I think we could indeed consider ourselves a cult, so lets take a look at cults historically, some more famous than others...

"The Church of Bible Understanding (formerly known as the Forever Family) is a destructive cult started in 1971 by former atheist and vacuum repairman Stewart Traill in Allentown, Pennsylvania. The cult targeted teens as young as 13 by drawing on their weaknesses. Throughout the 1970s, the cult expanded to many other parts of the United States.

Traill, born in Quebec in 1936 is the son of a Presbyterian minister, who teaches that he is the reincarnation of Elijah, and that he knows the date of the return of Christ. Members of the cult live in a commune and donate 90% of their income to the cult. Traill amassed a fortune and owns four planes and a half million dollar mansion. According to former members, Traill controls every aspect of members’ lives through harsh criticism, shame, and public humiliation."

Notice here two points that are significant....1. Church members donate 90% of their income. and 2. The founder is very wealthy.... doesnt this sound like spending all your spare money on IQD while making the dealers rich? Sure does to me(I understand a lot of people only invest a little, and thats fine, but this point is simply to try to keep people's minds open with this post)

Next up...the infamous manson family...

"By 1968, Manson had established a home for the “family” at a ranch owned by George Spahn. Manson convinced one of the family members, Lynette Fromme, to sleep with Spahn in order to get free rent. Manson began teaching his followers that social uprisings were coming – using the assassination of Martin Luther King as evidence. He also told them that the social turmoil he had been predicting had also been predicted by The Beatles. The White Album songs, he declared, told it all, although in code; in fact, he maintained, the album was directed at the Family itself, an elect group that was being instructed to preserve the worthy from the impending disaster.

In 1969, on August 8, Manson told Family members at Spahn Ranch, “now is the time for Helter Skelter.” That evening the family, under the direction of Manson, would commit the famous murder of Sharon Tate, leading to other murders over the two day period."

What we have here is one more interesting point... 1. The presumed existence of some type of "code"(Aka plan) in the Beatles white album(Sounds like the way people are looking for hidden meanings in everything that comes out of our government or the Iraqi government when in actuality nothing of the sort is going on.

I could go on to quote articles on Branch Dividians, Heavens gate cult, as well as scientology, etc. But they all have the same theme, semi religious unquestioning devotion, life savings investment, and severe consequences for anyone who disagrees with their views(Did you know you cant even say the word LOP in chat on this site? Its edited out like its foul language)

My point is to try to get people to question all this info...this "plan" that they believe is in place, stop getting your information from the rumors section and admit that a LOP or LOP+RV is a possibility, I will admit its a strong possibility, I will also admit that a straight RV is a possibility as well. I am not saying to stop buying dinar, or to buy more, but whatever you do, dont put your life savings into it and keep realistic about all possibilites. Dont get caught flat footed and unprepared if it does LOP, dont get angry at the dealers who sold it to you if(god forbid) it does LOP. If it does happen to RV, take it as the blessing it would be and dont blow it all in one place. But more than anything, take everything you read on here(good and bad) with a grain of salt....everyone in this investment bar none is wrong until proven right.

P.S. I am sure a lot of people wont like this post, but that's alright, I just found it amusing that we act a lot like a cult sometimes....myself included.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

I am inclined to disagree with you, and also a little insulted by your post. When it comes to family and money, there will always be emotional highs and lows. The "rumor" section of this site is just that, for rumors. I realize some members get a little more excited than some of us, but please understand that all of us have our own opinions and ideas. Some members have spent many hours researching and want to share their findings with others. I haven't seen any post that eludes to being a "Jim Jones" or Branch dividian" or any other type of cult you may have knowledge of. I know that you meant well, but please don't assume that all of us are to ignorant to know the difference between a down right lie, and factual information...and I don't find this amusing at all. I will give you two thumbs up for the courage to post your views. :twothumbs::twothumbs:

I have never seen the movie "23" but from my understanding, the basis of the idea of the movie "23" is the main character was able to find the # 23 in almost anything. In other words, he was able to link 23 to almost all happenings, instances, etc.

I think the idea of that is being portrayed to your original post. If we look "hard enough" we can practically connect anything to anything....

We could connect dots & maintain that the so called plan was set forth since the early 1900s.... We all have vague visions, which are broken down into smaller goals which are implemented. Therefore, upno all the smaller goals being reached, eventually the main vague vision is reached to one point.

Imagine if a guy had a vague vision of a flying car as he owned a company.

And he sets goals for technology advancement within the auto industry

We already have cars that somewhat drive themselves to an extent.

Wait til they find technology to hover or something to that degree.

Therefore, the vague vision of flying cars is met (in due time).

See where I went w/ this?

Oh there I go again, babbling away!

biggrin.gifFirst of all, I consider myself to be a highly intelligent biological creature. Second I prefer ice tea over Koolaid, and third the

people at the bank I bought my dinars from didn't force me to make a decision on Their thinking. If that was the case then

look out Wallstreet. This is a speculative investment. Noone twisted my arm or Made,cohearsed,tortured, or down right

slapped me in the face to buy dinars. I didn't buy over, what I could afford and if it pans out I'll be happy. If it doesn't I'll

still be happy. If you have to reason in your head that this might be a cult, why are you here, and why would you invest in

the first place. My advice to you is be a leader, not a follower. JMO biggrin.gif

Now we are being compared as those in the Manson Family- cults----hey Adam is this getting anymore crazy--we are close but not this stupid!

Just to refresh anyones memory , it was JIM JONES that dispensed the Kool aid first--south america I believe!

I much would rather think of it as family--Sister Sledge ? LOL!

Capt. Cliff

It is only a cult if people are bestowing their religious beliefs to the fact that this is controlled by God. In my opinion and I may not be the only one who agrees with this but I think it is controlled by Iraq. Now unless God controls Iraq, don't think he is controlling this investment. I also question the posts people say about how they come on here to find out more about the investment. What exactly do you need to find out? Here are the steps to this investment:

1. Buy dinar (from a bank as you get a better rate)

2. Put it in your safe, sock drawer, time capsule, whatever.

3. Check CBI website for any updates

4. When RV occur's go cash in

5. Pay all your taxes

6. Live with the remaining wealth

Don't see where a whole lot of knowledge or education is required here. Everyone has to analyze every situation, news article like they are cracking a code to when the RV will occur. Does this much go on when people own stock and are trying to figure out when it will split?

• Upvote 1

Even though my stay has been relatively short & my time infrequent within this community, I would have to say there are clearly cults that have been created within this investment community for the same purposes as any other cult is created for. Greed, power, ego boosting & the perverse joy some twisted ... (rhymes with ducks) get from manipulating others. It is, to me at least, the only logical reason why anybody would believe or spread the lies that are spewed from the mouths of most of the... ahem... "guru's."

I wouldn't lump the entire community as one though. People with dissenting views exist, and are rather vocal when the need arises.

Anyone trying to create a cult would have eliminated those people, by removing any trace of them & the ability of those views from being stated & argued for. Prey on the fears/aspirations of the weak, build them up, tear them down. Rinse, repeat. Before long, all they want is for you to build them up again, and then higher, and higher & higher...

Err... hmm. I just described almost every dinar community outside of Dinarvets...

To a psychologist I have little doubt that using the entire dinar community as a case study would be absolutely fascinating.

listen, u have way too much timed on u r hands. this is not a cult, is not is not. we all r here for one thing only. i'm sorry to tell u this. BUT THAT IS NOT IT. SO GET LOST WITH U R B--- S-----. u don't even need to come on here with that.

• Upvote 1

Interesting to note that hostile reaction isn't it?(Like a reaction of people in a real cult when confronted by family members) No I don't actually think its a cult of any type, the post was for the express purpose of making us question ourselves and our reactions as well as those of others. Questioning(skepticism) is the healthiest view on this whole thing, but I see day in and day out on other sites(and to a lesser degree on this one) blind devotion and belief...these people thanking "gurus" for lying to them every single day, etc.

Come on guys! You should all know, ESPECIALLY VIPS, that it wasn't Kool Aid... it was Flavor Aid!!!! (It's on page 3 or 4 ofthe book :D )

Interesting to note that hostile reaction isn't it?(Like a reaction of people in a real cult when confronted by family members) No I don't actually think its a cult of any type, the post was for the express purpose of making us question ourselves and our reactions as well as those of others. Questioning(skepticism) is the healthiest view on this whole thing, but I see day in and day out on other sites(and to a lesser degree on this one) blind devotion and belief...these people thanking "gurus" for lying to them every single day, etc.

I don't see the hostile reaction you are referring to... In fact, I notice quite a few jokes and good natured posts, which is quite the opposite!

Perhaps you are interpreting the responses here the way you want to, in order to reinforce your own belief?

:twocents:

(You'd probably get a much different response to this thread on one of those other sites, of course. :P )