Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Economic Development = Security

garylew

Interesting article I found about security in Iraq and economic development:

With the looming pullout of American troops, there are endless questions of how Iraq will be able to secure its country and maintain order. Will the Iraqi military be capable of maintaining peace? Are insurgents planning to test the Iraqi military and government? These are very important questions for Iraq's future and the future of the dinar.

But how can Iraq maintain security? The most common answer is a strong military. While that is necessary, there is another component that gets overlook regarding this issue: grassroots economic development. Security in Iraq will not happen if it is a top down approach. It has to start from the bottom up. This means providing opportunities for every day citizens to contribute to their local communities. When this idea is presented, most people think that governments need to provide jobs. This is true, but a better way is for Iraqi citizens to create more jobs. It means supporting local businesses.

If Iraq can provide a way for every day Iraqi citizens to start small shops that provide goods and services, it will provide incentives for Iraqis to keep order in their own neighborhood. The citizens become stakeholders in their own community. They have something to lose - a small business that provides food for their families. In addition, successful small businesses will motivate others to start their own. This is the chain reaction that will allow for Iraqis to create safe and flourishing communities of their own.

Iraq as a government cannot artificially create thriving communities. It should provide the resources to do so, but it must be started from the individual citizens who will take advantage of the opportunities that the government provides. This is grassroots economic development.

Source: http://dinarprofits.com/security-essential-for-dinar/

• Upvote 2

I think the idea needs to work both ways... Top to bottom & bottom to top.

Big successful companies need to be successful & have the ability to hire on new employees. Expansion is something that I see in the future with several bigger businesses. As companies set up shop and grow, the unemployment percentages will drop.

And as the article states, from the bottom on up also plays a vital role. Success in the smaller private sectors will help maintain peace & stability. I foresee democracy being a struggle to properly implement in the M.E.. The ideas & cultures of the people over there take time to accomplish things. You add in the democracy factor, and we see that deadlines are hard to meet. Look at our own democracy and see how long some things take to pass (i.e., health bills). Now add in the culture of their people not moving along as fast, and we see these long delays. Dictatorships may not be the right form of governments, but, they do get things accomplished faster (whether they are right or wrong).

• Upvote 1