Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

largest army in the world

nointel

Here is some food for thought when next we consider gun control..........

The world's largest army... America's hunters! I had never thought about this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

* There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin.

* Allow me to restate that number.

* Over the last several months, Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

* More men under arms than in Iran. More than in France and Germany combined.

* These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

* That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home.

* Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

* The point?

* America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

* Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

* That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

• Upvote 17

The world's largest army... America's hunters! I had never thought about this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

* Over the last several months, Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

* These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

* That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home.

* Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

* The point?

* America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

* Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

tHANKS NOINTEL this country will never follow Canada's laws. They have created a mess up there. They blindsided the people into giving up guns but the robbers, thieves and killers didn't comply----I love this country but i'm sorrry if they ask me i turn in my weapons, it ain't gonna happen.

• Upvote 2

DEER HUNTING BY THE NUMBERS

500,000 - whitetail population in the United States in 1900.

34,000,000 - whitetail population in the United States today.

3,200,000 - number of whitetails in the state of Texas.

11,000,000 - the number of hunters in the United States today.

1,300,000 - number of deer hunters in Pennsylvania (most in the U.S.)

8,250 - number of deer hunters in Rhode Island (lowest in the U.S.)

256,000,000 - number of days hunters spend afield annually.

140 - gun hunting days for whitetail in South Carolina (most in U.S.)

7 - shotgun hunting days in Illinois (shortest in U.S.)

$20,900,000 - total annual hunting-related expenditures.

3,000,000 - average annual whitetail harvest in the U.S.

150,000,000 - pounds of meat - from 3,000,000 whitetails.

$40 BILLION DOLLARS - amount hunters and fishermen contribute to the annual economy.

16 - Number of states permitting the use of magnifying scopes on muzzleloaders.

80 - Percent of hunters reporting treestand accidents who were not wearing safety belts.

90 - Percentage of nighttime visits to scrapes by bucks in a north Georgia study.

4 - Number of teeth in a fawn's mouth at birth.

65,000 - Approximate number of hunter safety/education volunteers in the U.S. today.

My link

• Upvote 3

1. How many of these men are counted twice? Do they have a license in more than one state?
    Chancy are you from another country? You must be because you think American Citizens are stupid. Nointel, good for you but did you forget other portions of the American citizenry. That would be the retired and active military, the retired and active law enforcement agencies, including the FBI and like enforcement. Then there are farmers; and collectors of weapons who just have weapons to display but who would no doubt use them if necessary. Then their are hosts of others that own and register hand guns for protection of their family and property. Chancy I would say that 99.9 percent of Americans own legal and registered weapons. Go sell your anti-gun con somewhere else. I happen to know that there are even liberals in the US Congress who secretly own legally registered hand-guns. Think of it 99.9 percent of Amerians are ready to stand side by side with our US Military Forces to protect and preserve the United States of America, its citizens and its eternally free homeland. Now do you think for one minute anyone group, nation or individual dare attack America again?:lol:
    God Bless America!

Edited by Jac
  • Upvote 1

Thats been common knowledge for over 200 years due to the 2nd amendment. the founding fathers knew that if nation whos citizens, not just the military, were armed would make the country so unbelievably difficult for other countries to invade the the continental US. thus the ultimate form of National Security we have.

Nice Post. :lol:

BANG!!!! Hhehehe... :lol:

113485-bigthumbnail.jpg

• Upvote 3

* The point?

utah has 600,000 plus hunters good point not enough prisons in the world to hold that many people , besides any president that wants to take guns is up to somethin bad we all need to pay attention to this while we are voting guns dont kill people . they want them so they can have their new world order we can never let this happen wed all be doomed what do you think?

times that by 50 states it still dosent include all the others with guns good point .

Thats been common knowledge for over 200 years due to the 2nd amendment. the founding fathers knew that if nation whos citizens, not just the military, were armed would make the country so unbelievably difficult for other countries to invade the the continental US. thus the ultimate form of National Security we have.

113485-bigthumbnail.jpg

true but they are tryin to take our guns we can never let this happen

• Upvote 1

113485-bigthumbnail.jpg

NICE POST shinnidan DEAD ON BULLS EYE You are definitly our Annie Oaklee

• Upvote 1

tHANKS NOINTEL this country will never follow Canada's laws. They have created a mess up there. They blindsided the people into giving up guns but the robbers, thieves and killers didn't comply----I love this country but i'm sorrry if they ask me i turn in my weapons, it ain't gonna happen.

DAMN STRAIGHT BROTHER THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT ANY PRESIDENT TRYS WE IMPEACH THEIR IS NO RESON OTHER THAN TO TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHTS IT BULL CRAP JUST NEVER FORGET POWER OF THE PEOPLE

true but they are tryin to take our guns we can never let this happen

a day will come when it happens...but while the Constitution is still the law of the land. we will still have it. until they abolish our constitutional rights...we'll if they do...i'll probably be too old to even worry about it. :lol:

NICE POST shinnidan DEAD ON BULLS EYE You are definitly our Annie Oaklee

hahaha....well...thank you sweetie...although i did earn an Expert-Marksman rating....i won't be as good as Annie. :lol: heheh

i am an old time type hunter. i have a .50 caliber muzzle loader. forget the scopes and the lazer scopes. all i need is one shot and i guarantee you when i hit my target it isn't getting up. i was taught one shot kill. ;)

• Upvote 1

There are hundreds of thousands of armed Canadians and Americans running around in our woods every fall.

Believe me, we're well armed up here too. Just not with handguns. :)

• Upvote 1

I agree and am an avid hunter also when I get time to go home back in S.C.

The NRA is a really good group to join and have protected our rights for firearms for many years.

I think the only Hiccup we had was when **** Cheney shot his hunting partner a few years ago.

Now that was one for the logbooks.

Never understood that story.

a day will come when it happens...but while the Constitution is still the law of the land. we will still have it. until they abolish our constitutional rights...we'll if they do...i'll probably be too old to even worry about it. :lol:

hahaha....well...thank you sweetie...although i did earn an Expert-Marksman rating....i won't be as good as Annie. :lol: heheh

true but our kids still gotta live in this world wwe need to help em along teach em the right way god knows school unions dont teach em this stuff its up to you n me

There are hundreds of thousands of armed Canadians and Americans running around in our woods every fall.

Believe me, we're well armed up here too. Just not with handguns. :)

good my brother cause we might need yur help some day you too may need help while were at it we should take all their money take their stupidness away mabey theyd remember were all humans all equal

true but our kids still gotta live in this world wwe need to help em along teach em the right way god knows school unions dont teach em this stuff its up to you n me.

yes, it is up to us , the Parents, to teach our children what is right in the eyes of the Lord. But it is not right for us to teach them that is okay to take away their freedom or freedom of choice just because of someone else's irresponsibility.

My children have been brought up to follow the Lord and obey his commandments. that teaches them the morality of everything they do. I taught them responsibility of the imperfect world. they both know how to use firearms responsibly and morally, they also know how to use deadly force in the face of danger. i, also, taught them to defend themselves with out firearms.

of course our choices now will affect the future...but i can die peacefully knowing that my children are capable of making their own choices.

My concern is not the enemy without, but rather, the enemy within. How many people are aware of the goings on with our country and its leaders? I fear we're more concerned with whether or not we're going to have football this season, who's going to win Idol, and the latest Hollywood gossip than what our kids are being taught in school, what our leaders are doing to our country and how far we've moved away from the founding principles that have established this as the greatest country in the world - IMHO

"...There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow... Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..." (Daniel Webster, 1837)

Sorry I do not own a gun. However, I do not think I need one as long as I have friends that do, however that will change as I get my concealed Handgun Permit this year! ;-]] I do have have friends that have a small gun collection and lots of ammo. I am sure that they would give me a gun and lots of ammo if I need to defend our state or nation. Shucks I sure he would rather that one of his 50 guns be with me so I could watch his back! I am trained and ready to fight.