Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For all Christians out there - words from a prophet?

Richguy

Many times when you see whole cities wiped out by God its because they are worshipping other gods and sacrificing their children to them. Since there is only one God, they were actually sacrificing their children to demons. I believe when I die I will be with Jesus, I also believe that when young children die, before the reach an age of accountability, they too will also be with Jesus.

In believing that, I believe God has spared them of growing up with their parents godless influence which would have most certainly led them down the path of damnation. Instead, they are still innocent in the eyes of God and will be with him eternally.

End Quote

Are you being serious?

and he'll have a nice and extra warm cell for you in hell.

End Quote

Many Folks who went thru lots right here on Planet Earth ( wars, violence, injustice,starvation, etc) will take "Hell" as a breeze... Hell is here on this Planet.

Yeah and the beauty is he is wrong at other peoples expense. He does not strike me as a mathematician or a prophet. He is nothing but a con artist who preys on people's religious beliefs enough to flat out lie to them in order to prosper. If there is a heaven and hell, he should have the front row to hell. When you have assets of $104 million, of which not one dime of that probably came from actual income..not only is he a con artist but a very good one at that. He would be better served writing a book on how to suck the life out of believers.

I'm not sure whether this guy is smart enough to be a con man. He may be just playing a role, be him seems to be pretty delusional. Unfortunately, he sucked others into his delusion. Then again, so did the Branch Davidians (Waco), the Hale Bop Comet bunch, and Jim Jone's clan...at least Camping's bunch only lost their life savings and not their lives. There is nothing on this earth that I would mortgage my family for and that is where they screwed up...sometimes life's lessons come at a great cost. Hopefully they've learned something.

• Upvote 1

Is it absolutely necessary for you to make such an ass out of yourself in front of everyone with such a vicious and hateful reply? Quite frankly, I honestly don't know why the MODS on this site would allow such horrific garbage. Amazing!

He expresses his thoughts and opinions same as you do. The difference being that you told him that he makes an a$$ out of himself by doing so ( expressing his thoughts)...You responded in such a way because you don't agree with his views... Now, if the Mods let you get away with this, despite you insulting him,.... then why should you get surprised they let him get away with whatever opinion he might have?

It's amazing you'd be surprised in the first place.

Jack............For anyone who "Does Not" believe in (what you call religion) you have all the "right in the world" just as people who "Believe." If you DO NOT then keep it between yourself and your affiliation or whatever. Your non religion does not need to be used to make points on this forum. Everything that goes on in the world is not centered around YOU!!

Unbelievable....The nerve.... You state... "Your non religion does not need to be used to make points on this forum." I have news for you. SO DOES ALSO YOUR RELIGION.

Edited by umbertino

...but jesus and yahweh give two completely different messages. it just makes more sense to me that people made up these stories for their own reasons. besides, why would yahweh have to sacrifice a human form of himself for the redemption of sins? couldn't he just forgive the sins? the idea of a blood sacrifice of a savior deity wasn't new to the early christian writers.

Actually, the attitude of God was the same through the Old Testament and New Testament. I found a pretty good explanation on another website, I’ll put it below so you can read it.

Old Testament God vs. New Testament God?

Recently an Atheist said to me concerning the Old Testament Portrait of God verses the New Testament Picture of God revealed in Jesus:

I like the old testament because it was there that god’s voice is most vindictive. But in the new testament it would seem that he changes from being prick-ish to somewhat hopeful for us.

The fact is that the Bible is fairly consistent in it’s portrait of God, when taken in context.

If you read the book fairly you’ll find that the God of the OT is very clearly the God of the New as well – virtually the same amount of love, same amount of things that dismay him as well, and that the grace that is offered in the New Testament and beyond, is available in the Old as well – the main change between the testaments is that the ‘mystery’ has been revealed, and that the New Testament is a universal text, with the offer of salvation, as was intended from the beginning, going out to all peoples, and not a text, like the old, directed specifically at the nation of Israel and the Jewish peoples

One thing to consider contextually is that a majority of the OT was written to apply to Israel at a national – not individual – level, and applied to the infant nation as it was developing and not as much to the interaction of individual people as it regards their personal relationships. Granted, you may pull verses out of context that seem VERY personal from your perspective, but in context they – at that time – were meant to act as Israel’s national law. The New Testament reveals God-made-Flesh, the intimate side: How individuals relate, and behave, as a correction to the very misinterpretations and misunderstandings you seem to abhor (or enjoy, it seems like) from the Old Testament law.

Do know this: The Old Testament speaks plenty about God’s love – Deuteronomy 7:7-13 speaks of His love for the nation of Israel; Isaiah 63:9 speaks of God saving people due to His love for them. On many occasions through the Old Testament the mercy of God is praised (Psalm 57:3; 59:10; 62:12; 86:13; 100:5; 106:1, etc.). Sure, judgment is emphasized, but that is as it often is in any legal document – which the Old Testament primarily is – a legal and historical document for the Nation of Israel which gives us a backdrop to the coming of Jesus.

Also, a cursory non-academic scanning of the Old Testament reveals 446 mentions of God’s ‘love’ and 100 occurrences of ‘mercy’ as opposed to 135 mentions of ‘hate’ and 173 of ‘wrath’. Again, considering this is a legal document, including consequences, where one would expect to find a significant amount of ‘wrath’, this is a significant statistic: 551 love/mercy vs. 308 hate/wrath. Compare this to the New Testament where the statistic is 291 love/mercy vs. 71 hate/wrath. The percentage of love/wrath in the OT is 64% love to 36$ wrath, again noting that it IS an ancient legal document for a nation, with consequences of the actions written into it. In the New Testament that statistics are: 80% love vs. 20 % wrath…again, noting that the New Testament is a personal account written towards how individual followers of Jesus should behave, rather than a law-book given to a nation. I think we both can agree that what is right for a nation as a whole, especially in a time of war, is very different that what is allowed or accepted between individuals within a culture. Anyway…there you have it…the NT picture of God is – very roughly – 20% more loving than the OT one…factoring in the difference between the context and intentions of those written words, I personally don’t find that to be very significant.

It really helps to remember that most of the old testament is a legal document, and those parts that don’t read like a modern legal document are actually modeled after ancient legal agreements between a king and his vassals, as a great amount of research has shown over the past few years. But essentially, I just try to be a responsible reader of an ancient text that God seems to promise that if I properly understand it – according to the Spirit of Christ – will change my life, and it has.

But, let it be known, due to the complexity of the Old Testament, which many skeptics employ almost soley in their arguments against faith, it is not really the logical foundation of my faith – only the historical background to it. My faith resides in the person of Jesus, whom I’m convinced revealed the creator God of the universe…I take the OT only because of my faith in Jesus, who often referred to the text, albeit in ways that surprised and dismayed many of His hearers.

you didn't explain yahweh's wager of job's faith.

I’ve read Job a couple of times and I get lost between the conversations between his friends. tongue.gif However, I can tell you one thing; it is impossible for God to gamble. He knows everything, a wager, is something that you don’t know what the outcome will be, and God knows all possible outcomes.

i also always wondered why yahweh needed anyone to have faith. if he truly loved people and wanted them to live a certain way, why not just show himself? it does make sense to me, however, that religious/political leaders would need people to have faith. this is a good discussion, but i just don't get it.

Concerning faith…

6 I want you to show love,

not offer sacrifices.

I want you to know me

more than I want burnt offerings.

God wants to have a relationship with us, and just like any marriage, the Husband and Wife should expect the other to be faithful to them. We can count on God being faithful to us, but the problem is we humans want to be independent and follow our own evil desires. So Faith in HIM, to HIM is very important to HIM.

i haven't really read anything about yahweh that would make him worthy of my worship.

How about?

He Created You?

He knows how many hairs are on your head right now.

He was with you in your mother's womb.

DNA

Ice Cream

Watermelon

Chocolate

Sunrises

Sunsets

A Baby's Laugh

Kisses from your loved one

A Full Moon

A Night Sky full of Stars w/ falling Stars

Sex

Niagra Falls

Grand Canyon

Dolphins

Penguins

Elephants

Lions

Tigers

God designed/created all these things. He's all powerful, all knowing, and He Loves You! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

-

-

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How about?

He Created You?

DNA

Ice Cream

Watermelon

Chocolate

Sunrises

Sunsets

A Baby's Laugh

A Full Moon

Sex

Niagra Falls

Grand Canyon

Dolphins

Penguins

Elephants

Lions

Tigers

God designed/created all these things. He's all powerful, all knowing, and He Loves You!

End Quote

I'd say it's a respectable opinion. As good as the one of the next person.

Edited by umbertino

After reading all the comments with interest it struck me that none of us know what we are talking about. Our puny minds are struggling with extra biblical things which are too lofty for us. We can't even decipher the difference between Intel and Rumor, Scripture or opinion, religion or Christianity. Most of the arguments against the Bible, God or Christ have been around for centuries and a person will either reject or accept them depending on their own preconceived beliefs. The answers have also been around since these arguments were made. Unbelievers didn't accept them then and they don't today. Most detractors arguments are rooted in ignorance and watered an unwillingness to study the facts.

The reading has been entertaining, but for the most part boring. If we want to debate the issue we need to take it to a religious or biblical form and not on related to the Dinar. And I know that I have been one of the culprits by writing one of the initial comments. I stand by what I said, but it might have been better said in a separate venue.

Praying that the RV will be soon and all of us will become financially whole.

Love, Joy, and Peace.

Nelg

Are you being serious?

Yep

Many Folks who went thru lots right here on Planet Earth ( wars, violence, injustice,starvation, etc) will take "Hell" as a breeze... Hell is here on this Planet.

Umbertino, what you think is hell here on earth is nothing like what it really is. What you call Hell here on earth is definate and it has an end. If you are in Hell, its for Eternity, NEVER ENDING, NON STOP. Hell is all the things God is not. Hell is the absence of God and all of his attributes.

Story of an Actual Experience in Hell

-

So when the dates and prices indicated by the prophets.comes and goes, what happens to the prophets? Who becomes accountable? I admit I am very uninformed in the religious arena. IMO the RV is several months away.

Okay, this guy says God told him RV at the end of May or June 1 at $3.87 - $3.89. So if it doesn't happen this guy is a false prophet. In the Old Testament they stoned false prophets. What are we supposed to do with them today? I hope he's right but I'm certainly not counting on it.

Im in the bullpen warmin up the ole fast ball now...

Yep

Umbertino, what you think is hell here on earth is nothing like what it really is. What you call Hell here on earth is definate and it has an end. If you are in Hell, its for Eternity, NEVER ENDING, NON STOP. Hell is all the things God is not. Hell is the absence of God and all of his attributes.

Story of an Actual Experience in Hell

-

Point taken...I respectfully disagree.

Actually, the attitude of God was the same through the Old Testament and New Testament. I found a pretty good explanation on another website, I’ll put it below so you can read it.

i read the article, and it's very thought-provoking. unfortunately (you would probably say for me), it just raises more uncertainty. to state that the actions and teachings of jesus don't contradict the actions and teachings of the old testament yahweh is a falsehood. the author of the article is kidding himself. one of the things the pharisees supposedly held against jesus was that very thing.

the article also legitimizes the beliefs of other religions since their beliefs are as legitimate as the author's. for instance, it implies that someone practicing judaism should still use old testament law since it was written for them. in the same way, those practicing islam or hinduism (who are as adament as you and i in their beliefs) should follow their beliefs to the letter also. you see the problem here.

I’ve read Job a couple of times and I get lost between the conversations between his friends. tongue.gif However, I can tell you one thing; it is impossible for God to gamble. He knows everything, a wager, is something that you don’t know what the outcome will be, and God knows all possible outcomes.

this is a complete cop out. you know that yahweh allowed lucifer to torment job to prove that he was right. if you're saying that he allowed it when he already knew the outcome, that's even worse. i wouldn't do that to someone, and i won't worship a deity that would. if you're saying that the story is allegory, well, i'll have to agree. of course, i believe that the entire bible is allegory in an historical setting.

Concerning faith…

God wants to have a relationship with us, and just like any marriage, the Husband and Wife should expect the other to be faithful to them. We can count on God being faithful to us, but the problem is we humans want to be independent and follow our own evil desires. So Faith in HIM, to HIM is very important to HIM.

How about?

He Created You?

DNA

Ice Cream

Watermelon

Chocolate

Sunrises

Sunsets

A Baby's Laugh

A Full Moon

Sex

Niagra Falls

Grand Canyon

Dolphins

Penguins

Elephants

Lions

Tigers

God designed/created all these things. He's all powerful, all knowing, and He Loves You! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

-

-

no, he didn't. actually, i don't know who or what did, but if we were passing papyrus or stone tablets back and forth arguing about this 500 or 10,000 years ago, assumptions made about the natural world based on the bible would have been wrong about a lot of things. i think there's time to be wrong about some more things. science doesn't have all of the answers...but it will.

tag. you're it.

• Downvote 1

This link was actually posted in a response to a news post yesterday, but I thought everyone looking for a good 'rumor' would get a lift by it. The gentleman being interviewed is named George Robinson and some believe he has a prophetic gift in the biblical sense. I am not familiar with this man, but he says he was originally encouraged to pray about investing in the dinar by a Christian street evangelist named Todd White. Now I am familiar with Todd and have seen some of the miracles God has performed through him caught on camera, legs growing out, etc. and I have a lot of respect for him. For those of you believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, who believe that God still talks to people today, I strongly encourage you to watch and listen to this video interview. He starts talking about the dinar around 51 minutes in, but prior to that around 47 min in he talks about the future of silver. This interview is about a month old and his prediction about a pull back of silver to the $35 dollar range has already come to pass. The short of it is RV between May 29th to June 1st of this year and a rate between $3.87 and $3.89. When you cash out, buy as much silver as you can because the colapse of the dollar will not be prevented by the revalued dinar according to Mr. Robinson. Here is the link:

By the way, anyone in the vacinity of Harrisburg, PA can hear him speak on May 20th. Here is the link for that. Thinking about going myself.

http://extramileministries.net/AreaSpiritualHappenings.aspx

Afew things here i'm very disturbed about., the first is i'll deal with the whole for all christians out there words fromj a prophet.

As a christian I clearly understand that the Lord has said afew things that makes this post make me sick to my stomach.

God speaking "Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare."

God also challanges us to break free of the power of which money has apon us, Thus making this post and any others like it complete blasphemy. The lord our GOD is not interested in our own greedy intentions, even if you say you want to give alot away and blah blah blah... you are still doing this for Self-Benefit. Thus the Lord knows your true intentions and you cannot hide from him when judgement day comes. If you truely want to show the lord your true intentions are good then, Break free of money's power - Donate 10% to the lord, and then share vastefully with others, and if you find the need to truely priase the lord he even tells us to give it all away, thinking only of the spiritual reward and trusting the Lord to privde for your needs.

Thats my 2 cents please don't take this the wrong way thinking i'm trying to slam the person that posted this, I just don't think we should mix the lords name in with the greed and power of the mighty dollar, without actually thinking about the true all mighty GOD.

For everything you give and not expect in return you shall recieve 10 fold. So fellow christians fear not of your own intentions but enbrace them and allow the Lord to work through you and make the efforts of your intentions from now on ever fruitful.

God bless all,

Mckay*Pro

Edited by mckay*pro

My God is a God of abundance and wants all his kids to prosper.....................certainly can do more when prosperous to help others!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Your god does want you to be prosperous - However read afew of these. Then I challange you to try and understand what god is trying to tell you. My interpritation of money is it is of evil nature, I think god wants us to believe in him and he shall make us prosperous. There are over 800 scriptures about money, Why would god point something out so many times if it was not prudent to the situation. Situation refering to living of this world.

Matthew 6:24

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

Luke 8:14

"...but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures..."

Proverbs 21:5

"The plans of the diligent lead surely to plenty, but those of everyone who is hasty, surely to poverty."

Psalm 62:10

"...if riches increase, do not set your heart on them."