Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For all Christians out there - words from a prophet?

Richguy

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

And Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it will be for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!”

For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. — James 5:1

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. — Luke 6:24

And to think money is the root of all evil, yet the idea is to get people fired up about buying IQD to make them rich.

It is amazing those who preach this investment as a gift from God, yet everything in the bible dictates differently. All prophets and prophecies are is just a scam for people to give what they have to a belief. To think the people who assume they were sent by God, yet why would God send such crooks. You can have all the belief you want in God, but if you think he brought you this investment, your beliefs are misguided. I am not even a religious believer and I can see it pretty clear, how is it others are so blind?

I LOVE the camel through the eye of a needle scripture! Unfortunately, for you it seems, you have still failed to realize that these fears, sins or shortcomings have never and will never apply to someone that is in Christ. I hate to say it but I have to rebuke you, friend. Say a prayer and ask God to explain to you His ultimate Sovereignty and how that applies to His sharing HIS money with those children of His that have made the pledge to share His good news . I assure you, I am about to be very rich and on any day thereafter, I will slip through that needle NO PROBLEM. Not only does my Bible say it but my fruit could confirm it. God Bless. :)

• Upvote 3

This link was actually posted in a response to a news post yesterday, but I thought everyone looking for a good 'rumor' would get a lift by it. The gentleman being interviewed is named George Robinson and some believe he has a prophetic gift in the biblical sense. I am not familiar with this man, but he says he was originally encouraged to pray about investing in the dinar by a Christian street evangelist named Todd White. Now I am familiar with Todd and have seen some of the miracles God has performed through him caught on camera, legs growing out, etc. and I have a lot of respect for him. For those of you believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, who believe that God still talks to people today, I strongly encourage you to watch and listen to this video interview. He starts talking about the dinar around 51 minutes in, but prior to that around 47 min in he talks about the future of silver. This interview is about a month old and his prediction about a pull back of silver to the $35 dollar range has already come to pass. The short of it is RV between May 29th to June 1st of this year and a rate between $3.87 and $3.89. When you cash out, buy as much silver as you can because the colapse of the dollar will not be prevented by the revalued dinar according to Mr. Robinson. Here is the link:

By the way, anyone in the vacinity of Harrisburg, PA can hear him speak on May 20th. Here is the link for that. Thinking about going myself.

http://extramileministries.net/AreaSpiritualHappenings.aspx

Who said he was a prophet.?...........just saying

• Downvote 1

It would seem that the great gaps in our reading material left in the forum by the scarcity of guru diatribe are being replaced by posts inviting discussion, or not even inviting discussion, of aspects of faith as one might be able to to apply them to a financial investment.

I have nothing against persons with a great and strong grounding in faith who go out and espouse their beliefs.

I DO have a problem when they chose to do so where it is not previouslly invited or in a place specifically set aside for discussion of another nature.

The powers that be on the DV forum have graciously and generously given us a place to do just that kind of posting ...

It is called the Off Topic thread ...

USE IT !

P L E A S E

:(

smee2

• Downvote 3

It would seem that the great gaps in our reading material left in the forum by the scarcity of guru diatribe are being replaced by posts inviting discussion, or not even inviting discussion, of aspects of faith as one might be able to to apply them to a financial investment.

I have nothing against persons with a great and strong grounding in faith who go out and espouse their beliefs.

I DO have a problem when they chose to do so where it is not previouslly invited or in a place specifically set aside for discussion of another nature.

The powers that be on the DV forum have graciously and generously given us a place to do just that kind of posting ...

It is called the Off Topic thread ...

USE IT !

P L E A S E

sad.gif

smee2

Smee2, the OP was about a Prophet who's name was George Robinson who made a prediction about "Date and Rate" of Dinar. The circumstances that surround that prediction involves Christianity and the Bible. All the other rumors that are posted in here involve unnamed sources so all people can do is bash the unnamed source or the poster of the rumor. Here we have something that, to me, is way more interesting and may have alot more credibility than the unnamed sources. We now know your opinion, so you don't need to come into this thread anymore. Thanks for your opinion.

-

• Upvote 4

Smee2, the OP was about a Prophet who's name was George Robinson who made a prediction about "Date and Rate" of Dinar. The circumstances that surround that prediction involves Christianity and the Bible. All the other rumors that are posted in here involve unnamed sources so all people can do is bash the unnamed source or the poster of the rumor. Here we have something that, to me, is way more interesting and may have alot more credibility than the unnamed sources. We now know your opinion, so you don't need to come into this thread anymore. Thanks for your opinion.

-

The past few days it seems every second post in the rumor column is based on faith, not dinar. I am so tired of that. And I do admit that I did not listen to this all the way through, just enough to realize I couldn't take more preaching, of any sort. So, if I have maligned what is actully a post giving any reasonable information about the time, amount, future or even history of the Iraq dinar, I do apologize.

smee2

p.s. Thanks for taking the time to put me in my place, and doing it politely. Most people would just put on their hobnailed boots and start the stomping.

• Upvote 1

QUESTION---THINK ABOUT THIS. GOD CREATED US, WE ARE HIS CHILDREN, WHY WOULD HE WANT US TO LIVE A LIFE OF POVERTY?---THE ANSWER IS --I DON'T FEEL HE DOES. LOOK AROUND --HE CREATED THIS WORLD FOR US TO LIVE IN-

Yes. He even uses the words "bless" and "prosper". He knows what He is doing.

• Upvote 2

QUESTION---THINK ABOUT THIS. GOD CREATED US, WE ARE HIS CHILDREN, WHY WOULD HE WANT US TO LIVE A LIFE OF POVERTY?---THE ANSWER IS --I DON'T FEEL HE DOES. LOOK AROUND --HE CREATED THIS WORLD FOR US TO LIVE IN-

It is your belief that God created us, not a known fact, nor is it a belief I have. How we ended up here I could really care less because that was so long ago it does not matter.

Please don't use single verses out of context to prove your point, or you'll force me to do the same which will say you need to go and hang yourself.

There is nothing wrong with being wealthy as long as you don't make money your God. God uses the wealthy to help spread the Gospel, which is what I will be doing with what I receive.

-

-

let's not use any verses out of the bible since they would allow slavery, child murder, and human sacrifice.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

etc., etc., etc.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Sorry, but more untruths here, first of all get ready to be astonished.If you are not tithing God exclaims that you are robbing Him! Please read Malachi 3:8. To see what exactly a tithe is(because offerings are different) you must read.Deut 14:22, and 14:27 talks about making sure you do not forsake the Levite (pastor/priest) in your giving.On the contrary most pastors as you call them were paid by the flock most of them had nothing and relied on what was given to them to sustain them. I would love to show you more if you are willing to hear.I'm not trying to be defiant, I just want to make sure that the truth is known about Jesus and His word. I am very picky about making sure it is accurate. There are bad things that happen to those who add or take away from it. God bless you! :D

I completely agree with everything you've said... These things I have been taught. Nice work!

• Upvote 2

I did watch this video. I take this with a big grain of salt. There are soooo many out there that are saying that they have the answer. God warned us to be on our guard against these things. My 1st concern is the title he seems to give himself. Sir Timothy Thrapp. Whats up with the Title Sir?

My next concern is this part of the transcript.

"We do not know, for sure, if he is correct on any of this, but our leading is that he is correct or at least partly correct on the silver." The 1st test of a true prophet is that he must be correct 100% of the time. This is because God is never wrong. So if someone claims to be prophet of God and therefore getting their words from God, he would have to be correct 100% of the time. Otherwise, how can a person be hearing from God? I do not believe that there are or will be in more phropets. The prophets are all dead.

There are people of course that get words from God. But they are not prophets.

This guy might have good investment advice. Silver might indeed be a good investment. My guess is that it is a good long term investment. But I disagree with the hording of silver thinking that the dollar will lose value and basically be worthless. Yes, this will happen eventually.

From the Witts website. "WITTS Ministry is the oldest and perhaps the only ministry of its kind."

This is a concerning statement. Im sure that Witts is in no way that old of a ministry. And to say, or even to imply, that its the only 1 of its kind. lol

I also looked at the web site and noticed several e-books that have some very expensive suggested donations. I would have to look further at this, but I am sorry. My initial evaluation of this site/video is unfavorable.

• Upvote 1

My initial evaluation of this site/video is unfavorable.

As it should be. No one should accept anything or anyone at their word until they have proven themselves trustworthy (not to be confused with "innocent until proven guilty"). I think doubt is healthy. Even Thomas doubted Christ until he had proven without a doubt that he was who he said he was. I don't suggest anyone go out and buy additional dinar based solely on the words of the man in the video. However, he didn't just simply throw out a date or a rate, but both. Most, if not all, Christians know that a prophet must be 100% on every prophesy or they are completely discredited, never to be trusted again. This guy certainly is taking a great chance by offering this prediction and I think if he does indeed hit both (assuming he hasn't already been wrong in the past), we should take heed with anything else he may say. However, we should still weigh whatever he says against biblical teachings to ensure that nothing he says is counter to what we know to be truth.

• Upvote 2

let's not use any verses out of the bible since they would allow slavery, child murder, and human sacrifice.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

etc., etc., etc.

Gallnipper, if you wouldn't cut and paste from whatever website you get this from, and actually read the Bible you might learn something about God and the reason why he does the things he does and the reason why he gave these laws. The number one reason is because He Loves You! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

-

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Gallnipper, if you wouldn't cut and paste from whatever website you get this from, and actually read the Bible you might learn something about God and the reason why he does the things he does and the reason why he gave these laws. The number one reason is because He Loves You! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

-

Yeah Gallnipper, if you would read the bible you can learn about being one of God's puppets. Now doesn't that sound like fun. You can not make choices for yourself but ask God's approval. You can also give your money away to your local church run by a pastor (otherwise know as a crook). Do you not see all you are missing. If you are lucky enough, you can become a follower of Harold Camping and dedicate your life to his false prophecies that has destroyed so many lives. Do you not see what you are missing if you are not religious.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

you might learn something about God and the reason why he does the things he does and the reason why he gave these laws. The number one reason is because He Loves You!

End Quote

Sounds as tho one can't debate with that.... the way you put it.. ..The Reality once again esp. when it comes to Religion is that NOBODY knows..... All that one can do is attempting to imagine whatever suits him/her best, to hope , etc..... I guess we'll find out only when we leave this plane and move over to the other...

I do hope for those who really believe in this or other Religions ( which I do respect) that it's not just another fraud... The worst of them all infact....

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah Gallnipper, if you would read the bible you can learn about being one of God's puppets. Now doesn't that sound like fun. You can not make choices for yourself but ask God's approval. You can also give your money away to your local church run by a pastor (otherwise know as a crook). Do you not see all you are missing. If you are lucky enough, you can become a follower of Harold Camping and dedicate your life to his false prophecies that has destroyed so many lives. Do you not see what you are missing if you are not religious.

God is all powerful, if he wanted a puppet, all he needed to do was take away our free will and freedom of choice. He doesn't want that, he wants to have a relationship with all of us. But if you want to believe that he wants you to be a puppet and you don't want to have a relationship with him, that's your "Choice", and he'll have a nice and extra warm cell for you in hell. Gallnipper, follow your buddy here and you two can have adjoining cells. Jesus Loves You! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

-

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

God is all powerful, if he wanted a puppet, all he needed to do was take away our free will and freedom of choice

End Quote

Granted he exists and he's all for the triumph of Good. .Maybe it would have been better ( switching off the free will /freedom of choice option).......Lots and lots of sxxt avoided.

Again... I'd rather believe ( and I do infact) it's all about Man than believing in an (supposedly) all-good and almighty God who allows all this horror on Planet Earth to occur every single day...The thought itself of that would be very unbearable.

Edited by umbertino

-

i don't believe that yahweh kills babies because he loves babies. i still don't understand how christians reconcile that fact that the bible is the word of god, it says that he does not change (malachi 3:6, hebrews 13:8), and jesus and yahweh were one in the same being when the philosophies of jesus and yahweh are so drastically different. what makes sense to me is that the old testament leaders (moses, joshua, king david, etc.) were the bin laden's of their day. they used superstition to get people to do things they wouldn't normally do for political gain. (the story of moses and the midianites is a perfect example.) when the jewish people were finally conquered by the romans, new leaders emerged with a new message. it seems that no amount of prayer or sacrificial lambs would help them, so they turned the other cheek. they couldn't beat them, so they joined them. they treated them as they wanted to be treated. eventually, it worked. the romans adopted their religion only to continue using it against their enemies.

there's no way to take the midianite story out of context (numbers 31:7-18). the israelites obviously thought it was wrong to kill children, women, and the elderly, but moses told that yahweh commanded it.

i don't believe that yahweh kills babies because he loves babies. i still don't understand how christians reconcile that fact that the bible is the word of god, it says that he does not change (malachi 3:6, hebrews 13:8), and jesus and yahweh were one in the same being when the philosophies of jesus and yahweh are so drastically different. what makes sense to me is that the old testament leaders (moses, joshua, king david, etc.) were the bin laden's of their day. they used superstition to get people to do things they wouldn't normally do for political gain. (the story of moses and the midianites is a perfect example.) when the jewish people were finally conquered by the romans, new leaders emerged with a new message. it seems that no amount of prayer or sacrificial lambs would help them, so they turned the other cheek. they couldn't beat them, so they joined them. they treated them as they wanted to be treated. eventually, it worked. the romans adopted their religion only to continue using it against their enemies.

there's no way to take the midianite story out of context (numbers 31:7-18). the israelites obviously thought it was wrong to kill children, women, and the elderly, but moses told that yahweh commanded it.

1 Good people pass away;

the godly often die before their time.

But no one seems to care or wonder why.

No one seems to understand

that God is protecting them from the evil to come.

Many times when you see whole cities wiped out by God its because they are worshipping other gods and sacrificing their children to them. Since there is only one God, they were actually sacrificing their children to demons. I believe when I die I will be with Jesus, I also believe that when young children die, before the reach an age of accountability, they too will also be with Jesus.

In believing that, I believe God has spared them of growing up with their parents godless influence which would have most certainly led them down the path of damnation. Instead, they are still innocent in the eyes of God and will be with him eternally.

The Bible is much too complicated and wonderful to be written by humans. Its a Book about God's love for us, and what he is willing to do to make sure that we are with him forever. Its ALL about Jesus, from cover to cover.

The 400 year time span between the Old Testament and New Testment with Jesus fullfilling the prophecies of the Old Testmament is proof of that. No human could have fulfilled the prophecies the way Jesus did. It could not have been an accident and it could not have been from human design.

The characters in the Bible are too human to be heroes, and why would the Apostles cast themselves in such a negative light, if it wasn't the truth? Why would the apostles die such horrible deaths for something that was a lie? Really? You think someone would let their head be cut off, burned at the stake, be crucified upside down, be stoned, if they thought it was all a lie? On the contrary, they knew who Jesus is, not was, "IS". He's the All Mighty God, Savior of the World, the Apostles KNEW where they were going, and that was to be with Jesus! And Jesus Loves You that much that he wants you to be with Him for eternity too!

-

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why must we see, hear, smell, touch or taste something in order to believe in it? That is the very essence of faith. I have never quoted scripture in this forum but feel this is approprite at this time.....

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him , for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." -- (Hebrews 11:6)

Without the belief in something greater than ourselves, our higher power, how could life ever be truly fulfilling?

Peace

• Upvote 4

Hi everyone,

In regards to the issue of "tithing," as a Christian, I would like to point something out that has been a blessing in my walk.

http://thetithinghoax.com/

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pznn/2010/10/27/the-tithing-hoax interview with the authors

God Bless everyone.

-TNP

Edited by Travelin_the_Narrow_Path