Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

An RV is exactly what this country needs!!!!!!

colts469

An RV would be huge to lift us out the economical hell hole were in now. People will buy many things especially homes. How could this not help our country out and strengthen our dollar. I do think this could eliminate our debt also. Any thoughts?????

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

An RV would be huge to lift us out the economical hell hole were in now. People will buy many things especially homes. How could this not help our country out and strengthen our dollar. I do think this could eliminate our debt also. Any thoughts?????

WE NEED THIS IN THE WORST OF WAYS.

We might need it, but it's Iraq's RV; not ours.

Peace.

I second this! We may have some economic issues but Iraqi people are living in squalor with money that is basically worthless. They NEED the RV, we will just be lucky enough to benefit from it.

• Upvote 2

Yes indeed, an RV would help the USA in many ways. A lot of our debt has come from this war to liberate the Iraqi's. It would be nice if they repaid some of that, not to mention the men and women that have given their time and LIVES to free these people for an oppressive dictator. This RV isn't just about the money we want to gain, but also the stability of Iraq, the stability of the Regine, the stability of the U.S. economy, wow the list goes on and on. We Americans have given a lot.

• Upvote 5

That, and a few statesmen who understand and adhere to their oaths, the Constitution, and the rule of law.

Instead, what he have are politicians who seem to care more about getting re-elected and using their office for personal gain-

rather than the law or the people who elected them.

• Upvote 3

Thanks colts for your thoughts :D

I would like to agree, and wish it would be the case for sure,

but as much as the hype has suggested something of this magnitude,

it simply is NOT true. If there is any benefit, it will be very short lived.

The sheer amount of debt, NOT the figures posted via OCC or OMB, which are

gov. agencies and tend to toy with actual figures, we are talking of figures that

are truly beyond comprehension...well over 100 Trillion$ minimal...think of this

figure and how can a currency revaluation of Iraq even be thought to "wipe" out

this countries debts is beyond me and those that had started this line of thinking

were of course the guru crowd because they HAD to make things sound much

larger than they actually are.

Sorry my friend...I really would like to agree...but let us look at this realistically and

with the minimal figures mentioned and growing daily, it is not possible for one countries

currency revaluation to somehow "reset" the global markets. No country has the ability to wipe out

30 + years worth of constantly growing deficits and 100 - 200 Trillion$ worth of total unfunded

liabilities...also take into account...PRIVATE consumer debts ALONE are 34 Trillion$ in the U.S.

I wish it made sense what you are saying...but it is fantasy. We must stop making this out to be

some kind of "global salvation"...and view it for what it is...a potential revaluation of a currency. Anything else

falls into the realm of hype....and that came from our friendly guru crowd years ago. It WAS indeed great

for sales of IQD though! Let's be grateful if we are able to see some nice profit out of this, but we cannot

expect any more than that. The real problems faced by not just OUR nation, but many countries facing default,

NO "RV" could even come close to wiping it out.

Thanks for the thoughts :)

All my best!

Jim

---

Edited by Jim1cor13
  • Upvote 2

gov. agencies and tend to toy with actual figures, we are talking of figures that

are truly beyond comprehension...well over 100 Trillion$ minimal...think of this

this countries debts is beyond me and those that had started this line of thinking

Sorry my friend...I really would like to agree...but let us look at this realistically and

with the minimal figures mentioned and growing daily, it is not possible for one countries

currency revaluation to somehow "reset" the global markets. No country has the ability to wipe out

30 + years worth of constantly growing deficits and 100 - 200 Trillion$ worth of total unfunded

liabilities...also take into account...PRIVATE consumer debts ALONE are 34 Trillion$ in the U.S.

I wish it made sense what you are saying...but it is fantasy. We must stop making this out to be

some kind of "global salvation"...and view it for what it is...a potential revaluation of a currency. Anything else

falls into the realm of hype....and that came from our friendly guru crowd years ago. It WAS indeed great

for sales of IQD though! Let's be grateful if we are able to see some nice profit out of this, but we cannot

expect any more than that. The real problems faced by not just OUR nation, but many countries facing default,

All my best!

Jim

---

Have you ever heard of "Priming The Pump"? That's what I hope this does for our economy. The public sector spending money will be a lot better than the gov spending it on the research of the humpback eastern beetle or some crap like that.

And on a different note - To the people who says this is all about Iraq and not us, I completely disagree. We are liberators. The spoils belong to us. If Iraq sees the dawn tomorrow it is because we allow it. Period. And if anybody doesn't like it, the border is this way >>>>>> JP

Edited by JuryPicker

We do really need this(the RV)...I need this ...my family needs this ...our Country needs this...that may be the one reason Obama may try to stop it! It would delay his agenda to collapse the US economy and stregthen his power over our lives.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I agree Jury Picker. It will be a shot in the arm for the U.S. if our country truly does have the amount of Dinar that has been suggested through the years. The proceeds from OUR personal investment alone will assist our country in its' recovery. I know I will be buying some luxury items, real estate, invest in business, etc. along with all of our D.V. friends! I am especially looking forward to contributing monetarilly to our schools and youth programs, and make many other 501 c-3 contributions to help my community prosper again. B) I think the RV is partially contingent on when it will best help Obama in his approval rating for re-election. If the country shows any signs of improvement, it will help his cause. Not saying it will totally wipe the debt, but making the number go down instead of up for the fist time would sure create many Obama fans! Just an opinion. :D:D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

All my best!

Jim

---

Yep what he said. Jim I truly love reading your post.

smooth good JUJU

• Downvote 1

No. You are wrong on all accounts. Currencies don't have magical powers. They neither create nor destroy wealth. If currencies had the magically ability to create wealth, why wouldn't we simply re-value our own currency if we wanted more wealth? Why do we need another country to re-value their currency to create wealth for us? If currencies had this magically power, why are countries like Bangladesh, Uzbekistan and Somalia dirt poor? (By the way, if you think our economy is a hell hole, try living in any of these countries for a while.) Why don't they just re-value their currencies and create wealth for their citizens? Because that's not the role of a currency. They can't do it. That's a foolish notion. They are simply mediums of exchange that individuals use to trade labor, skills and ideas for products and services. Nothing more. Nothing less. Wealth is ONLY created by increasing productivity. If the dinar strengthens, it will only be because productivity in Iraq has measurably increased and it hasn't been diluted by the issuance of more currency or credit. It will have absolutely NO effect on our economy. Contrary to your notion, it would, however, actually weaken the dollar. A currency only has relative value to other currencies. It is a completely interdependent relationship. If 2 people are facing each other, one can only move forward if the other one moves backward. If one currency becomes more valuable (increases its purchasing power) because the country issuing the currency has become more productive, then the relative value of all other currencies, by default, are weaker. If the value of the dinar were to suddenly and significantly strengthen overnight (don't count on it), the value of the US dollar (relative to the dinar, at least) would decrease.

Don't make this harder than what it is. The RV is not about us. It's not about our country or our debts or our currency. The value of the dinar will ONLY increase as the productiviity of Iraq has increased. It's a simple concept. There's no big conspiracy that is holding up the RV. There's no secret consortiums or backroom deals that are being made. There's no international end game or secret economic principles that are being tested. It's a currency. Its value is determined like every other currency and will continue to be. And right now, that value in US dollars is 1,170 dinar trades for 1 dollar.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

No. You are wrong on all accounts. Currencies don't have magical powers. They neither create nor destroy wealth. If currencies had the magically ability to create wealth, why wouldn't we simply re-value our own currency if we wanted more wealth? Why do we need another country to re-value their currency to create wealth for us? If currencies had this magically power, why are countries like Bangladesh, Uzbekistan and Somalia dirt poor? (By the way, if you think our economy is a hell hole, try living in any of these countries for a while.) Why don't they just re-value their currencies and create wealth for their citizens? Because that's not the role of a currency. They can't do it. That's a foolish notion. They are simply mediums of exchange that individuals use to trade labor, skills and ideas for products and services. Nothing more. Nothing less. Wealth is ONLY created by increasing productivity. If the dinar strengthens, it will only be because productivity in Iraq has measurably increased and it hasn't been diluted by the issuance of more currency or credit. It will have absolutely NO effect on our economy. Contrary to your notion, it would, however, actually weaken the dollar. A currency only has relative value to other currencies. It is a completely interdependent relationship. If 2 people are facing each other, one can only move forward if the other one moves backward. If one currency becomes more valuable (increases its purchasing power) because the country issuing the currency has become more productive, then the relative value of all other currencies, by default, are weaker. If the value of the dinar were to suddenly and significantly strengthen overnight (don't count on it), the value of the US dollar (relative to the dinar, at least) would decrease.

Don't make this harder than what it is. The RV is not about us. It's not about our country or our debts or our currency. The value of the dinar will ONLY increase as the productiviity of Iraq has increased. It's a simple concept. There's no big conspiracy that is holding up the RV. There's no secret consortiums or backroom deals that are being made. There's no international end game or secret economic principles that are being tested. It's a currency. Its value is determined like every other currency and will continue to be. And right now, that value in US dollars is 1,170 dinar trades for 1 dollar.

Well said. Now, go put on your bullet-proof vest.

They don't take kindly to that kind of talk in these parts ...

TS

I believe in the RV; I don't believe in the cult.

Finally, someone has some common sense! Just as he said, currency is not wealth, the reason we as a country are in so much debt is because congress keeps spending and borrowing so they can spend more, raising the debt ceiling and printing more currency, which devalues the dollar....do you know in the 50s the average citizens(unskilled worker) daily pay was $8? now that is more like $80....our currency is worth only 1/10th of what it was 61 years ago...our government should all be fired, scrap them all and start over.

• Upvote 1

The value is being kept low artificially by auctions. Just a couple years ago, oil was selling at about $40 per barrel. The IQD was at 1170 for 1 dollar. It has more than doubled and could triple very soon. Yet even when you factor in the increase in production and in price per barrel, the IQD is still at 1170 to 1.

• Upvote 2

So, just curious then...are you invested in the IQD? What do you believe will happen? RV/RD/RI/nothing? How about timing? What (if any) is holding up the process? Who's opinions do you value on this forum?

So, just curious then...are you invested in the IQD? What do you believe will happen? RV/RD/RI/nothing? How about timing? What (if any) is holding up the process? Who's opinions do you value on this forum?

Here here! Iraq is producing what.....2.3 million barrels per day? What will their currency be worth when they produce 12 million bpd? 200 IQD to 1 dollar? The rate of 1170 to $1 is not based on oil's market value or production. IQD value is based on a dirty float. CBI is selling IQD to keep the rate low.