Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank instructed to close the stores is approved banking

I know that this is indirectly related but that would explain why the auctions are so high just recently. They are running out of cash peeps. Every day they are using their cash like a commodity like saying "How much do we need to survive for today?" and that happens again the next day and so on just until they pull the trigger JMHO though :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Here's the News and Announcements in the Arabic version of the CBI.

News and announcements --2,011

Dr. Shabibi Governor of Central Bank of Iraq from within the top 500 Arab figure for 2011 - Arabian Business Magazine

2011/3/27

Companies to broker the buying and selling foreign currency (capital increase)

2011/2/23

To the Ministry of Commerce / Companies Registration Department / Office of the Director-General

2011/2/23

Press Release on the diagnosis of the Iraqi Central Bank's writings addressed the issue of independence set forth in its law

2011/2/22

President Talabani receives Central Bank Governor Sinan Shabibi

2011/1/31

Baghdad Governor receives Dr. Shabibi to discuss the establishment of the Iraqi Central Bank building

2011/1/30

Press Statement on Central Bank of Iraq, referring to news that cited some news agencies

2011/1/10

----------------------------------------------

Then when I click on the bolded part, it pulls up a PDF but it is in arabic and I don't know how to get it translated.

Here's one of the PDFs

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/Universal-1.pdf

• Upvote 1

Interesting, can anyone decipher this??? My de-coder ring is in the shop.

Mine too! HaHA!!! We need to buy back ups!! De-coder rings for ALL- sure would make life easier! :lol::lol:

AND yes interesting article. I hope that Adam will elaborate on what that means. :)

Is theree anyone on this forum that can read or translate Arabic? Or anyone have a friend of a friend...sure would make these jacked up translations easier to read.

I've asked my son-in-law, who speaks Arabic to translate this and get back to me. I'll post his response asap.

• Upvote 3

mY GUESS ON TRANSLATION IS.. Last tuesday the 10th the ministries made a list if non sanctioned banks and the CBI is saying they can no longer do transactions with the ministries....im also guessing this is because of the new banking sustem from th USAID plan..

Ding! Ding! Ding!

You are the winner. Please step forward to receive your brand new, uncirculated 5k Iraqi Dinar note.

I've asked my son-in-law, who speaks Arabic to translate this and get back to me. I'll post his response asap.

Another winner, please step forward! YOU get the new de-coder ring.

it is the tipping point---they are stopping all non currency transactions---only transactions are through the police and the goi this is the start also there is some talk about the nministers getting all those files togeather---security and milatary withdrawals also the biggie files {my opioion the audits } we have been waiting for whoooooooooooooooo ----in two weeks bayyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeee

• Upvote 1

It seems to me a long while back, maybe late 2010 or right at the first of the year, there was an article posted about ministries and other institutions making financial transactions and not following proper channels for doing so. it was causing the CBI a lot of grief trying to account for all the money. I'm not sure if the action taken above is a direct result of that or whether this is something different.

Is this possibly a re- release of info to coincide with the period of time they were trying to regulate 10k transactions, to the time it was increased to 50k, and the resulting small auction totals?

I think we saw something like this released around the 12 th of May?