Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kidnapped Christian killed in Kirkuk

Kidnapped Christian killed in Kirkuk

16/05/2011 14:59

Kirkuk, May 16 (AKnews) – A Christian Iraqi who had been missing for three days was found dead in Kirkuk on Monday.

The corpse of 59-year old Ashur Ya’qub ‘Isa was found beheaded and dismembered in an amusement park in his hometown Kirkuk, 250 km northeast of Baghdad.

A spokesperson of the Kirkuk police said, the victim’s relatives received phone calls from kidnappers who demanded a $100.000 (118.000.000 Dinars) ransom.

By Jamshid Zangana

Cu/AKnews

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/3/240033/

And we're supposed to believe that these Islam followers come from a "peaceful religion"? HA!! In my mind, they can save it for the someone else foolish enough to believe it...I'm not. Moreover, for the idiots to ransom one of their own Iraqi people to the victim's family and then kill him and leave his body in an amusement park for about three days is beyond comprehension and understanding. It's simply beyond...

:angry: :angry:

I'm going to pray for that Iraqi person's family because at this time they will be hurting. Poor them.

• Upvote 3

Crusades.

And obviously they feel they have to have their "crusades" too. Either way, it's wrong. Hatred then and hatred now...what does it matter? Two wrongs never made it right. Life is gone and lost...and people are left to suffer because of zealots and those who take their religious beliefs too far. My heart goes out to that family. I wish you would see something other than "crusades."

:angry:

• Upvote 1

Crusades.

One sour action does not represent all of Islam. In fact it represents no part of true Islam. What happened is horrible but you have the individual to blame just as you would in any murder. Tacking Islam on to that is like going to Vietnam to kill gooks. As difficult as it may be . . .

Even on the cross Jesus forgave his transgressors.

You must find peace. If you can not quell the emotions you all experience today in relation to this news, then you are in fact just the same as the people that commit these crimes. They do it to seek revenge for something they feel in their own experience is just.

There is no peace in revenge.

Good luck!

One sour act??? hahaha are u kidding me right now im sure there has been plenty of sour acts and I know where ur going with this no, not all islam is bad but these are radical muslims that believe in persecuting christains beccause they dont agree with their religon but have to live amongst these nutjobs jesus forgives but he is also a just GOD. And honestly how dare you compare us to murderers.

Did you read the rest of my post? =P

I did; however, actions (from the Arabic world) speak louder than words. They've more than proven they are untrustworthy. And If I'm not mistaken...the United States did not bomb their embassies, ships, and trade towers in the name of our (or I should say some of our) Jehovah God. They did that to us. We would've never been there had they left us alone. They want revenge for what they started...and we're supposed to turn a blind eye? We must all forgive, true, but that doesn't mean we buddy up with them either. Or should we forget all those that died from our nation...unnecessarily.

I don't bash all believers in Islam, but I don't trust any of them either. They have proven their untrustworthiness in more ways than one (look at the corruption that runs rampant in their nations) and if you want to go on the religious history bandwagon and bring up the Crusades, be my guest, but my mama didn't raise a fool and my heart is broken for that family. It's those "insignificant people" that pay the largest price or the ultimate price for zealots and high-powered hands that have never felt the cries of their own heart.

• Upvote 1

You should listen to yourself. There is hardly peace in your remarks. Regardless of past and present, you must look beyond instances like this to promote peace. The reactionary stance that you have is emotional and primitive. How do you intend to create peace with anger! Regardless of the events that have transpired there will never be any peace with anger!

Do you think this event is easy to accept? It is horrifying! But I intend to change things.

We must break the cycle. You have to look beyond your own perception. They are reacting to the way in which they perceive our actions. Someone has to break the cycle otherwise the killing will never stop. Are you the bigger man?

Let's see it!

umm i hate to break it to you and if you would please come back down to earth the killing will never ever stop until GOD intervenes its a vicious cycle that has no end so whether you want to change it or not is simply not going to happen these people have been killing for centuries ive accepted it and they are sick bastards plan and simple. I can care less how i come off it angers me that they kill over religion because it simply doesnt change a thing.

• Upvote 1

Who is it that does God's work anyway?

Listen man, you think I really want this to continue? It's in our hands, you just have to step up and promote peace. As much as a prayer will do. If you are unwilling to do God's work, then how can you ever be a child of God. You sound more like a non-believer to me to be honest. Prove your faith.

lol well we all have our opinions now dont we? GOD can only judge me. goodbye i'm done wit you.

P.S i have nothing to prove to YOU first you compare us to people beheading others than you queston my faith in GOD? i would stop now if i were you.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

Hmmmm, well the problem is everyone is entitled to their on vantage points for any discussion, gripeand debate on any topic if situation. Where my girlfriend is a peace buff, and would due anything to push peace in the world. Like yourself Ayahuasca, "I'm assuming!" I myself am a soldier, and more spiritual/religious than ny girlfriend. But I totally believe in brotherly love for all humankind! I may def come from the vantage point of easy! But I get it! Meaning both of your views....Where as at the end of the day I want exactly what you want which is world peace (I think) you can only give and take so much from the radical thinking of "some" of the middle eastern citizens. It's bigger than religion to me! I have family who are Muslim, as for I am Christian. But when u mix religion, with the way of life in the middle east. That's when u get a radical Muslim. In which only GOD can judge them... My heart and prayers go out for the family on their lost. And I will also pray for those weak minded "Radicals" for they know not what they do!

Peace & Love!

And I hope I didn't start ranting, I'm on my phone typing. May have lost my train of thought a couple of times...

• Upvote 2

You should listen to yourself. There is hardly peace in your remarks. Regardless of past and present, you must look beyond instances like this to promote peace. The reactionary stance that you have is emotional and primitive. How do you intend to create peace with anger! Regardless of the events that have transpired there will never be any peace with anger!

Do you think this event is easy to accept? It is horrifying! But I intend to change things.

We must break the cycle. You have to look beyond your own perception. They are reacting to the way in which they perceive our actions. Someone has to break the cycle otherwise the killing will never stop. Are you the bigger man?

Let's see it!

The perspective you have is fair. There is nothing wrong with it. It is however, a perspective. Consider for a second, the perspective that the Arab world has considering the U.S. This in no way makes violence acceptable under any terms. But just consider that they may be cause up in the same potential cycle that we are. Someone has to step up and break that cycle.

I just want to make it clear that I am an ultimate proponent of peace. I do not advocate any of these actions. As difficult as it may be to find peace in an instance like this, I am accepting the challenge. It is my hope that I would not accept this challenge alone.

I wish having peace were that easy to obtain, but the nature of human beings will dictate otherwise. It's a nice notion and I would love it to be real, but it's not realistic. It's the bad apples in every race and religion that will blow it for everyone. AND you're right, the circle will continue...not that people want it to be thus, but because that is reality.

• Upvote 1

This whole thread is disturbing.....

The one promoting peace seems like they enjoy bringing out the anger in people and potentially starting a riot.

The one promoting chistianity over muslims needs to step back and look at what they are saying. Cross out the words christian, muslim and God and you sound like you would press the "GO" button on a genecide.

This country was founded on many beliefs...one being freedom of religion and another being the right to bear arms. The wise men that put these ideas together did so because of human nature. Humans are violent by nature. Humans have a faith, no matter what it might be. Anyone who says differently is lying to themselves.

I guess my point on this is that religion has been the basis of wars, of genocide, and even someone like Hitler believed in "God" so much that he tried gathering as many christian artifacts as possible to have God on his side.

Just curious...do you believe in the church?

• Upvote 1

This whole thread is disturbing.....

The one promoting peace seems like they enjoy bringing out the anger in people and potentially starting a riot.

The one promoting chistianity over muslims needs to step back and look at what they are saying. Cross out the words christian, muslim and God and you sound like you would press the "GO" button on a genecide.

This country was founded on many beliefs...one being freedom of religion and another being the right to bear arms. The wise men that put these ideas together did so because of human nature. Humans are violent by nature. Humans have a faith, no matter what it might be. Anyone who says differently is lying to themselves.

I guess my point on this is that religion has been the basis of wars, of genocide, and even someone like Hitler believed in "God" so much that he tried gathering as many christian artifacts as possible to have God on his side.

Just curious...do you believe in the church?

It would be nice to direct your post to the people you are referring to by name. Is it myself (aferriss), Ayahuasca, and Easyrider you're referring to or someone else? In my opinion, it is best to be direct so others around the situation don't confuse themselves with someone else. Plus it creates less conflict...at least that's the theory. Thanks.

:)

Edited by aferriss