Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Netdania

sandyf

Yesterday I posted a link to this chart but it would appear it was easier to comment on something else rather than look at the chart.

Do you really think that the pattern on the chart is "as normal"?

I tried to bring 'real' information to the forum but as it is of little interest - Over and out.

• Upvote 2

I believe it is sowing fluctuation to the dollar and on the days that it is flat is days the cbi is closed I think.....GO RV....ITS CLOSE... B)

Do you think the CBI was closed between the 9th and 13th May.

It does look normal. I use Yahoo finance and it always pings and move like that. got to yahoo finance and enter iqd in quote box.

Link to that chart please.

just as harley said ;the chart is showing the us dollar gaing buying strenght against the iqd . if you look at another currancy you will see the same minor gains more than likely. :D Unfortuately we need the USD to lose strengh dramatically see the gains of 3 usd to 1 dinar .Hope that helps................. B) peace

• Upvote 1

It could have been any thing in the news that made the dollar rise or drop in value .......and as for the days that nothing moved it your guess is as good as mine I follow netdania live rates and in the past few months it has done stuff like that like not updating for 2-3 days ?????????don't know.....GO RV... B)

just as harley said ;the chart is showing the us dollar gaing buying strenght against the iqd . if you look at another currancy you will see the same minor gains more than likely. :D Unfortuately we need the USD to lose strengh dramatically see the gains of 3 usd to 1 dinar .Hope that helps................. B) peace

Missing the obvious. Although there has been updated every day this week, there has been effectively no change in value since the 9th.

Missing the obvious. Although there has been updated every day this week, there has been effectively no change in value since the 9th.

your missing the obvious. look at the link i posted earlier. you can go back weeks months whatever . that is the normal movement. i check yahoo finance several times a day . they all close friday. they seem to have higher movement at the first of the week as he first auctions take place.

This chart is showing exactly the same as Netdania. If you go to the 5D chart, you will see the last movement outside the 1170/1165 range was on 9th May.

that flucuation is normal, but,

has anyone noticed that the eur/iqd pair has not updated since 5/8/11 ??? :huh:

Yes.

Note that the EUR/IQD last point is also dated 9th May.

The pattern of the Euro is more consistant with the normal cyclic nature of a forex chart, rather than the straight waveform we see on the dollar. I suspect the only transactions posted have been against the dollar and the Euro calculated from EUR/USD.

I think the charts could be telling us something, but what?

If Reuters is the main data source for the IQD on forex then what we see would be consistant with the RV having been activated as no trading could be transacted until the rate was established.

Hopefully there may be more clues on Monday.

Read more:

Can you guys not read?

Sandy wasnt interested in the movement.....Its the time at which no movement has been going on.....May 9th to the 13th.....And now its against the EUR and the last update there was also May 9th.

Get the movement out of your mind and focus on the DATES of NO movement........Something is VERY odd here....

Edited by Spoolin
  • Upvote 1

When it comes to financial charts, I have about the same amount of knowledge as most people not involved intimately with financial charts. I understand charting, used in myself for various purposes over the years. But what significance this chart has I have no idea.

HOWEVER ... being a former graphic designer I look at this in terms of design elements. It is strange. It is a complete change in activity on the chart, a drastic change when looking at the whole picture.

Keep up the good work.

:twothumbs:

smee2

Its a bit strange, this morning(Monday to me) the chart is now showing movements for the days that were missing last week. Its as though the data source was disconnected last week and they have caught up over the weekend.

I have to say I feel this is an indication of another delay.

Edited by sandyf

B) Actually Sandy i didn't miss the obviouse. I was just commenting on the spike in the chart.The cbi always shows 1170 0r 1168 to 1 usd even though the usd's value changes in relationship to all the other currancies quite often daily.The reason The IQD is not updated regulary is it's not traded as of yet and the Iqd is kept artificially low buy the auctions at the cbi to twart the possibility of inflation screwing up the plan to re-value the currancy!Why does their chart change sometimes and not others ? Who knows .It does the same thing on other forex sites at times.Your right about one thing though they are preparing to go live and expect it to be emminant or it would still not show up all.
  • Upvote 1

By the way,the no movement also may be showing no change because the had more than a few days of amost no money being auctioned at the cbi .I don't follow that to closely unless doc31 post's it .Check it out though, it may or may not be the link or reason for no movement.It just was'nt significant enough of a percentage change to effect the chart .But again it could just be somebody's neglecting the website. Just another thought ...........Peace B)

• Upvote 1

This is the chart as it looks today, compare to the one at the start of the thread to see the difference, yet the time stamps are exactly the same. ie just before close on Friday. ICT is Indo China, my local time, about 12 hrs ahead of EST.

Note also that the time stamp on the smaller of the upward spikes has been altered. It was originally 11.25 GMT on SAT 7th May and is now 10.44 ICT on the 9th May.

The question is why would it be necessary to change any of the data?

the EUR/IQD instrument pair is still not updated since 05/08/11 20:44 on netdania??? :huh:

You should quote the time Zone. I see it as 10.44 on the 9th. (ICT)

I am wondering if the dollar has gone live but not the Euro, i think this was just calculated from the dollar.

It has often been said that the movements that show up on forex were the result of the auctions. There was a fairly significant movement at about mid day GMT on Fri 13th when there was no auction.

Edited by sandyf