Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV @ Managed Float and timeline

Alexyn1006

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone out there with financial expertise might be able to tell me, if the RV comes out around .86 and at a managed float:

1) In your opinion, do you think we'll have a timeline for cash-in, or will we be able to hold onto our dinars until rate rises?

2) As such, do you think we'll be able to cash in at the lower rate and exchange for more dinars?

Thanks,

Alexyn

from my opinion...

they will used pegged currency because of their previous record from pre-Saddam era, saddam era until now.....but if they rv low than actual value that they can support then maybe there will be increasing but it will take long time before they reach actual value.....this is because it will affect their trades with other nation :)

just my opinion....

Edited by jai5
  • Upvote 1

My opinion is they should come out with a high RV 3.00+ and then let the Market take it to where it is supposed to be.

That way they will increase their purchasing power, vs coming out low and not having the same purchasing power, because they're giving away the difference between actual value and low purchased value. JMO

-

• Upvote 1

I am all for it coming out low(I mean really low .01 to .05) with a slow(slow as in years) managed float upward to wherever they want it to end up, this way they can afford it and finance it(at least partially) with currency auctions. However, I really dont see them putting a time limit on the larger bills unless they redenominate(LOP) followed by a RV, if they arent Redenominating there is really no reason to put a time limit on the larger bills except to limit the amount they have to back...however by doing that they also limit the amount of money in country that people will have to invest to develop the economy...its a double edged sword, if they chose to RV as opposed to RD its better for them to find some way to finance it with a slow float upward as opposed to a time limit cash in

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 11

from my opinion...

they will used pegged currency because of their previous record from pre-Saddam era, saddam era until now.....but if they rv low than actual value that they can support then maybe there will be increasing but it will take long time before they reach actual value.....this is because it will affect their trades with other nation :)

just my opinion....

Thanks, Jai5 but do you think there will be a time limit associated with a cash-in, regardless of whether it's an RV/RI/RD?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am all for it coming out low(I mean really low .01 to .05) with a slow(slow as in years) managed float upward to wherever they want it to end up, this way they can afford it and finance it(at least partially) with currency auctions. However, I really dont see them putting a time limit on the larger bills unless they redenominate(LOP) followed by a RV, if they arent Redenominating there is really no reason to put a time limit on the larger bills except to limit the amount they have to back...however by doing that they also limit the amount of money in country that people will have to invest to develop the economy...its a double edged sword, if they chose to RV as opposed to RD its better for them to find some way to finance it with a slow float upward as opposed to a time limit cash in

. are you kidding? do you think they would come in that low let alone 10 cents when they are connected internationally? As soon as they are "jacked into" the world (Matrix style), they will be competing with all the oil faring nations. I believe it will be around 3 to start.

Edited by tjfoz
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I gotta investigate more..but I think when kuwait rv it came in low like .20 cent then rose through years to like 7 bucks then back down to the 3.60 rate it is now!........

You obviously bought your dinar yesterday.. apparently a couple hours after you were born.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

. are you kidding? do you think they would come in that low let alone 10 cents when they are connected internationally? As soon as they are "jacked into" the world (Matrix style), they will be competing with all the oil faring nations. I believe it will be around 3 to start.

the numbers do not and will never ad up to a RV at anything more than .10 to start with(there is not enough money in the entire world for a 3+ rate), they simply cant back it otherwise. Supposedly they could do fractional banking, but I'm not sure I believe that scenario either, no matter how connected they are internationally. Then of course you have the group that believes this was all part of a US/powers that be plan and that its being backed by the entire world, but as far as I have seen there is no proof of that either, just the usual conspiracy theory rationalizing. The most likely scenario is of course a LOP+RV, I much prefer .02 to a Redenomination myself so that is my hope

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Ok get out yoour beaten sticks

I have been in this for a long time.I have been over here in Iraq a long time and I'm still here. I work with the Iraqis everyday. So just from talking and stuff with them. An what I was told when I get into this mess, was.

It will come back in at around .32 cents this has been around for about 6 yrs now. And from what I read and what the Iraqis have been saying is Kuwait is what it will come in at. That is fine by me. But the Iraqis have

a different twist to it. and it is called a L O P. They have been told and it has been on there TV that they will take the 3 zeros off. They way they show us on the board is you take 1000 dinar and remove the 3 zeros

and you get 1 dinar that eqauls Kuwait money. So just from what I have found out and I belive them and have seen the TV. We would want a low RV because if it comes in HIGH it will in fact L O P.

Nevermore says THE RAVEN

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks, Jai5 but do you think there will be a time limit associated with a cash-in, regardless of whether it's an RV/RI/RD?

if straight rv, maybe there will be no time limit for cash-in BUT if ri@rd, there will be time limit. you can see in 2003-2004 when they introducing NIQD (current era) to replace IQD (Saddam era). they gived a period of time to change the notes to Iraqs people....:)

the numbers do not and will never ad up to a RV at anything more than .10 to start with(there is not enough money in the entire world for a 3+ rate), they simply cant back it otherwise. Supposedly they could do fractional banking, but I'm not sure I believe that scenario either, no matter how connected they are internationally. Then of course you have the group that believes this was all part of a US/powers that be plan and that its being backed by the entire world, but as far as I have seen there is no proof of that either, just the usual conspiracy theory rationalizing. The most likely scenario is of course a LOP+RV, I much prefer .02 to a Redenomination myself so that is my hope

Keep doing research. You'll learn that the CBI isn't sending USD back the the United States for our dinars. The US gov is sending them to Iraq in return for oil at a price of something like $32 per barrel until all the dinar has been exchanged. You have a lot to learn.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Keep doing research. You'll learn that the CBI isn't sending USD back the the United States for our dinars. The US gov is sending them to Iraq in return for oil at a price of something like $32 per barrel until all the dinar has been exchanged. You have a lot to learn.

I understood that the US government is not sending them back to Iraq, but transfering electronically for the purchase of oil and destroying in US. Or am I knit picking details? Or is even correct?

• Upvote 1

Thanks jai5. Do you recall what the time frame was?

Between October 15, 2003 and January 15, 2004, the Coalition Provisional Authority issued new Iraqi dinar coins and notes, with the notes printed by De La Rue using modern anti-forgery techniques, to "create a single unified currency that is used throughout all of Iraq and will also make money more convenient to use in people’s everyday lives."[3] Old banknotes were exchanged for new at a one-to-one rate, except for the Swiss dinars, which were exchanged at a rate of 150 new dinars for one Swiss dinar.

These new banknotes led to a new industry of selling the new Iraqi dinar to oversea investors who hoped to profit from Iraq's new currency when the economy improved. The provisional government of Iraq has made this legal, but the banknotes are exchanged at different rates by companies wanting to make profit. Due to the success of this program, though, Iraqi dinar has been widely counterfeited. However, there are six different security features on the 25,000 Iraqi dinar note that one can check for authenticity.[4]

quote from wikipedia - iraqi dinar

• Upvote 2

I understood that the US government is not sending them back to Iraq, but transfering electronically for the purchase of oil and destroying in US. Or am I knit picking details? Or is even correct?

You could be right. The main point of what I was trying to say is that there is an exchange of dinar for oil and that the CBI isn't paying off US dinar holders directly.

• Upvote 1

This could possibly have been the worst question to ask on this forum... not that you knew, so I'm not criticizing you, just lamenting on the ridiculousness of people and how they violently defend their overly-important opinions on how much it will RV at and when.

The poster may have alot to learn,but not because of what your reply says.What you have stated is simply a theory that you bought into.Or,maybe I am incorrect.Please point me in the direction of the official documents or news report that states the $32 per barrel deal.I believe that deal was constructed by fiction as a reason to strengthen the rv argument.But as I said,I would love to read the facts on that deal...so where may I find them?I think that we may have received a sweetheart deal on oil purchases,but oil is purchased in US dollars,so I don't see the need for the IQD to come into play.

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone out there with financial expertise might be able to tell me, if the RV comes out around .86 and at a managed float:

1) In your opinion, do you think we'll have a timeline for cash-in, or will we be able to hold onto our dinars until rate rises?

2) As such, do you think we'll be able to cash in at the lower rate and exchange for more dinars?

Thanks,

Alexyn

If it comes out at .86 you had better cash in and never look back. You will have a country paying with all oil revenue for years(pretty much all that they have at this point) to the lucky speculators who hold in the neighborhood of 1.5-3 trillion in the currency.If they do this,they won't be at .86 for long,as they will truely find out what it means to be living in poverty.

Edited by skepticaldinar
  • Upvote 1

Thanks again Jai5.

"Old banknotes were exchanged for new at a one-to-one rate, except for the Swiss dinars, which were exchanged at a rate of 150 new dinars for one Swiss dinar."

I was wondering if there was a time limit on exchange. I'll start digging.

welcome...

"Between October 15, 2003 and January 15, 2004, the Coalition Provisional Authority issued new Iraqi dinar coins and notes, with the notes printed by De La Rue using modern anti-forgery techniques, to "create a single unified currency that is used throughout all of Iraq and will also make money more convenient to use in people’s everyday lives."[3] Old banknotes were exchanged for new at a one-to-one rate, except for the Swiss dinars, which were exchanged at a rate of 150 new dinars for one Swiss dinar."

• Upvote 1

stop spouting wishful theories...there is no proof, no official document supporting this...its called wishful thinking...all the articles coming from Iraq are pointing to Redenomination, there isnt a single official article supporting a RV, besides at $32 a barrel that would reduce the total amount of money to back any possible RV by a whopping 66% get out a calculator, do the math then prove it to me how they can do it using numbers...not theories that have no backing....want some math that I can use to back up my theories...here we go, say we have 1mil speculators in the US at an average of 1mil dinar each(this is probably low, but we will pretend)

1000000(1mil)x1000000(1mil)=1000000000000(1 trillion) now lets use the wishful rate of 3:1 exchange...thats 3 trillion they have to back just for us speculators in the US...that by itself is three times or so more money than Iraq has available even with the DFI funds...so you say ok, they could monetize their oil resources....of which they have 20 trillion, in which case I will bring up the other 26trillion dinar in circulation...a total of an additional 78trillion they have to back...the oil has been monetized and they are left 60 trillion short. Sure they dont have to back the entire amount...maybe they only have to back 1/10th of it but thats still 8 trillion...almost half of their entire oil supply. I will say this revalue is possible, but virtually all of their resources would be tied up in any such deal forever, I guess that really wouldnt matter to them if all of them became millionaires, but however you look at it, such a move is very risky and has the potential for catastrophe, its not a move an economist would reccomend.

• Downvote 1

The poster may have alot to learn,but not because of what your reply says.What you have stated is simply a theory that you bought into.Or,maybe I am incorrect.Please point me in the direction of the official documents or news report that states the $32 per barrel deal.I believe that deal was constructed by fiction as a reason to strengthen the rv argument.But as I said,I would love to read the facts on that deal...so where may I find them?I think that we may have received a sweetheart deal on oil purchases,but oil is purchased in US dollars,so I don't see the need for the IQD to come into play.

Grow up. You're just pissed because I ripped you like 2 weeks ago. Some people never grow out of their diapers.

• Upvote 1