Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Any Yankee Baseball Buffs....?

Nothing-Ventured

Hope it's okay for me to post this, if not I am sorry...in advance!

Based on this list of names, if anyone could take a wild guess and tell me which year the ball is from, I would really appreciate your input!

There are a total of 23 signatures, and the ball is very faded. I was able to identify 14, of the 23 signatures. The names on the ball are:

Mickey Mantle

Allie Renyolds

Ewell Blackwell

Gene Woodling

Frank Crosetti

Billy Martin

Joe Collins

Andy Carey

Hank Bauer

Whitey Ford

Phil Rizzuto

Jim Turner

Casey Stengal

Yogi Berra

Vic Raschi

In my searches, the year I determined to be correct was "1952", if I were more sure of which year this was from, I might be able to identify the remaining -9- signatures.

Thanks

Check with the Yankees website and pull up 1952. They should give you a roster. Great ball. Too bad it is faded, could have been worth a lot more, but depending where you got it, that is an heirloom, never too be sold. Some great immortal names on that ball.

Blue Horseshoe

www.baseball-almanac.com

Just looked it up and everyone who played on the Yankees that year is there. Thanks - that was fun. Brought back a lot of memories. Born and raised on Long Island and a life long Yankees fan!!!

You've got yourself a good ball there! My dad knew all those players, had balls signed and gave most of them away!! Didn't think his daughter would be interested and mostly didn't realize their value in the future! UGH! YEA, research it online, ebay, etc. I'm a L.I. girl! YOU?? :)

You've got yourself a good ball there! My dad knew all those players, had balls signed and gave most of them away!! Didn't think his daughter would be interested and mostly didn't realize their value in the future! UGH! YEA, research it online, ebay, etc. I'm a L.I. girl! YOU?? :)

Hi Havasumom......sure wish the ball was mine, but I am researching it for a friend of mine, she will be happy about the information that all of you shared! Wow...about your dad, that is so cool B) You must have picked up his love of the game.

Thanks Everyone :rolleyes: