Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament's voting on Security Min. Postponed

graml

Parliament’s voting on Security Cabinet Posts postponed, Speaker says.

5/12/2011 3:14 PM

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Iraqi Parliament’s Speaker, Usama al-Nujeify, has said on Thursday that the voting on the candidates for the security cabinet posts had been postponed due to failure of the Leaders of different political blocs to reach an agreement on the candidates.

“The Parliament shall call on the political blocs soon to meet, in order to confirm the national dialogue, partnership and to put an end to the obstacles among those blocs, and to agree on a common working program,” Nujeify told a news conference, adding that the “current situation does not help to take decisions.”

Nujeify said that the Parliament’s chairmanship had met on Wednesday with the leaders of the political blocs, but agreement was not reached on the names of the said candidates.

“So, we decided to postpone the issue for few more days, in order to carry out further dialogues,” he added.

Differences have taken place since about four months on the candidates for the security cabinet posts, that are still vacant, especially the Interior and Defense ministers posts, with the first being the share of the National Coalition and the second of al-Iraqiya Coalition, with a condition that the posts be granted to independent elements, but each party is rejecting the candidate of the other.

As regards to the voting on the Vice-Presidents posts, he said “the end of the issue of the Vice-Presidents shall end the crisis, ease out the tension and make viewpoints get close,” adding that the voting took place in response to the agreement of the majority of the Parliament’s members.

The Parliament had voted with majority on the three Vice-Presidents in one-basket, according to a Parliament media source on Thursday.

SKH (RT)

[Parliament shall call on the political blocs soon to meet, in order to confirm the dialogue, partnership and to put an end to the obstacles among those blocsof the said candidates.

“So, we decided to postpone the issue for few more days, in order to carry out further dialogues,” he added.[/right]

[

At least they postpone the one month vacation.

I can't prove this, but since we are the Coalition Provisional Government until the GOI is officially formed and seated, we should be able to officially end this sham anytime we want.

Iraq, the 51st State; what a concept.

Now we will have the largest oil producing parking lot in the world.

They have already proven isn't fit for anything else.

They have been allowed all the lattitude that any patient human being could possibly spare.

They don't have the capacity to grasp anything else but corruption and dictatorship

I was always taught not to ask for anything that I didn't want, but it is long since past time to give them what they most desperately desire.

• Upvote 1

Interesting read. Not so much the content but the format. I had to stand on my head and hold it up to a mirrror to see it properly.

Two words in regards to the content....misinformation, propaganda.

DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING COMING OUT OF IRAQ RIGHT NOW!!!

Sit tight. We are getting closer.

Peace

• Upvote 2

Interesting read. Not so much the content but the format. I had to stand on my head and hold it up to a mirrror to see it properly.

Two words in regards to the content....misinformation, propaganda.

DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING COMING OUT OF IRAQ RIGHT NOW!!!

Sit tight. We are getting closer.

Peace

tj, I hope you're correct. I would really like this to be over quicker than "soon". :unsure:

• Upvote 1

I can't prove this, but since we are the Coalition Provisional Government until the GOI is officially formed and seated, we should be able to officially end this sham anytime we want.

Iraq, the 51st State; what a concept.

Now we will have the largest oil producing parking lot in the world.

They have already proven isn't fit for anything else.

They have been allowed all the lattitude that any patient human being could possibly spare.

They don't have the capacity to grasp anything else but corruption and dictatorship

I was always taught not to ask for anything that I didn't want, but it is long since past time to give them what they most desperately desire.

To bad the Age of Imperialism is dead, if it wasn't you can bet your butt that they'd be annexed and have had this done long ago.