Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The United States is negotiating to set up 9 military bases in Iraq

The United States is negotiating to set up 9 military bases in Iraq

Ali Al tamimi -12/05/2011 ad-10: 20 | readers number: 681305228472.jpg

An informed source said that "from the US desire through talks ومفاوضاتهم with the Iraqi side to keep nine military bases belonging to them in Iraq," he said.

He added in a statement on the whole of Iraq [where] today, Monday, " that those rules were distributed between Baghdad and Basra, Mosul and Kirkuk, irbil, most of which are located near the airports."

The source clarified that " the first site is located in the governorate of Basra at the U.S. consulate with an area of 40 Hectares, and the second is the site of Basra area of 14 Hectares, "

And the third is located in kirkuk governorate in the section of the embassy office with an area of 40 Hectares,

As for the fourth site located in Mosul in the office of the US embassy in the province with an area of 40 Hectares,

In Baghdad, the first three locations near the airport, covering an area of 250 Hectares. And 60 Hectares and near the police department."

He added "in Arbil are the first two in the section of the consulate near the airport, the second area of 100 Hectares," he said.

Iraq and the United States, took place in the course of 2008, the strategic framework agreement to support Iraqi ministries and agencies in the transition of the strategic partnership with the Republic of Iraq to the areas of economic and diplomatic and cultural security, based on the strategic framework agreement and reducing the number of provincial reconstruction teams in the provinces, as well as the provision of sustainable mission for the rule of law in the development program and the completion of the work of coordination and oversight of the Iraq relief and reconstruction.

Under the security agreement signed between Baghdad and Washington at the end of the second of the Year 2008 should be to withdraw all the forces of the United States of all land and water and in Iraq no later than 31 December of this year, 2011, was the forces of the United States fighter had withdrawn under the Convention of cities and villages and towns in Iraq June 30, 2009.

• Upvote 2

Its the only way I can see that Iraq can become stable while the government pulls together and actually become a progressive entity for the country. If the Iraqi borders can really be secured, the country can really prosper over time and Iran would become an embarassment to the region.

Its the only way I can see that Iraq can become stable while the government pulls together and actually become a progressive entity for the country. If the Iraqi borders can really be secured, the country can really prosper over time and Iran would become an embarassment to the region.

I thought Iran already was an embarrassment to the region.

• Upvote 1

Is it me or has Iraq become the next Germany? Just great! Now the jig is really up... I hope President Obama has a really good reason for negotiating to keep NINE bases in Iraq? I thought we were getting out of there by the end of THIS year AND out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014, Mr. President? So, I'm guessing that the White House is planning to break even politically when they announce that we aren't really leaving Iraq and Afghanistan after all. Or are the politiicans just not going to talk about it and try to collectively make it a non-issue.

Dem Candidate: It was our party that brought OBL to "justice".

Rep Candidate: It was our party that laid the framework for it.

Dem Candidate: It was our party that began troop withdrawls from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Rep Candidate: It was our party who went in, set the stage, and made it possible for the withdrawls.

Dem Candidate: We gave the American people Health Care.

Rep Candidate: Which we, the politicians, convinently are not a part of because your plan sucks and has got every major bussiness running scared right about now. To wit, care to explain the economy?

Dem Candidate: Uh, I thought we weren't going to talk about the economy?

Rep Candidate: Well uh, you brought up Health care and how awesome it was so...

Dem Candidate: We got OBL!

Rep Candidate: We got Saddam!

Dem Candidate: This isn't going to end anytime soon, is it?

Rep Candidate: not as long as there is time on the clock and I've got money to burn on TV ads and "town-hall meetings".

Dem candidate: This really sucks.

Rep Candidate: Amen, brother...

• Upvote 1

THE LITTLE PAIN IN ARE A$$ SADR WONT GO FOR THIS----OR WILL HE----NOT

I sure hope nothing bad happens to him. There is alot of violence in the Middle East. It sure would be a shame is something was to fall on his head :unsure:

i hope iran f ss with us i really do they are the main problem with peace in the middle east if we do leave iraq they would come over the border in nthose people has seen enough war???but what do i know??

Is it me or has Iraq become the next Germany? Just great! Now the jig is really up... I hope President Obama has a really good reason for negotiating to keep NINE bases in Iraq? I thought we were getting out of there by the end of THIS year AND out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014, Mr. President? So, I'm guessing that the White House is planning to break even politically when they announce that we aren't really leaving Iraq and Afghanistan after all. Or are the politiicans just not going to talk about it and try to collectively make it a non-issue.

Dem Candidate: It was our party that began troop withdrawls from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Rep Candidate: It was our party who went in, set the stage, and made it possible for the withdrawls.

Rep Candidate: Which we, the politicians, convinently are not a part of because your plan sucks and has got every major bussiness running scared right about now. To wit, care to explain the economy?

Rep Candidate: not as long as there is time on the clock and I've got money to burn on TV ads and "town-hall meetings".

saudi arabia wants us outa there so iraq makes perfect sence i never thought wed ever pull out of iraq in facvt if obama gets reelected im moven there...

LOL, Idiot

I bet you voted for Obama on the promise of a troop withdrawl too.... didnt you?

• Upvote 1

THE LITTLE PAIN IN ARE A$ SADR WONT GO FOR THIS----OR WILL HE----NOT

Of course the rat troll Sadr won't go for it, but I tell you one thing...if he thinks he's going to start a bunch of mess with our military and especially after they've set up the bases...he's got another thing coming. He's already scurried to Iran with his tail tucked between his legs at least two times that I know of. (Probably more than that on numbers of occasions...no doubt leaving others to die for him.) But if he keeps creating havoc and becomes a real threat or menace, he won't need to scurry anymore because they'll dispatch him without even blinking.

• Upvote 2

We will never 100% leave Iraq....ever

I have thought and pondered what your saying Slade and I have to agree AGAIN with you........Damn. Seriously though for the immediate future and until the region stabilizes I do not see how we can leave either. I know our people give the Iraqi Army enormous confidence in their mission just knowing they are there. Further until Sadr is kept in check (DEAD) we need to keep a watchful eye on the Iranians. JMO. Peace.

LOL, Idiot

I bet you voted for Obama on the promise of a troop withdrawl too.... didnt you?

You're joking right? Tell me that you have to be freaking kidding me? I really can't believe that you would be so pompous and foolish enough to question my political views especially where the troops are concerned. I tell you what, before you even dare to question my political views, or my loyalties to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, how about you do something worthwhile instead of playing internet-gangster and hoping that you could ever possibly one-up a combat soldier. Your intellectual naiivety, while insulting, is somewhat comforting in knowing that my service to this country enables your random degenerative comments based soley on the fact of a speculation of where my allegiances lie. Anyone who thought this was going to be over at the drop of a hat has little to no experience with dealing with the military. It is a remarkably large, cumbersome, and colossal being that takes more than a political rally to get any movement out of it. In short, you're an idiot and I don't find your question worth the effort you spent to type it.

Now, here's some 'empathy tissue" for getting your @$$ handed to you. Our next stop will be to take you to mamby-pamby land to get you some self esteem, jack wagon!