Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Warka NY branch accept IQD deposit?

Or would it need to be a USD deposit they would then convert to IQD...I dont see why they wouldnt, but I thought I would ask, my goal here is to avoid having a time limited cash-out...this is all based on hearsay, I just heard they had a NY branch btw

• Upvote 1

Or would it need to be a USD deposit they would then convert to IQD...I dont see why they wouldnt, but I thought I would ask, my goal here is to avoid having a time limited cash-out...this is all based on hearsay, I just heard they had a NY branch btw

they do i elieve its in nyc by times squrare and the stock exchange in that area

according to the Global Executive banking department at Citibank, you can open a multi. currency account with a min. deposit is 35K equivalent USD. However, IQD is not one of the currencies they can be deposited after you open the account. The rep did tell me that they are looking into depositing into accounts with this currency but they do not at this time. I mentioned that Citibank is the only US corresponding bank listed on the Warka website and he apologized and listed all the currencies that you can deposit (Euro, Pound, Canadian Dollar......) into the account and IQD was not one of them.

• Upvote 1

well, I don't want a US based acct, I just want to deposit all my IQD into an Iraq based Warka acct, in other words, I want to play with investments in Iraq, whether or not the RV ever happens, there is still more money to be made with me having money there as opposed to here(not holding my breath for a RV that will make me rich, but there are other ways to get there with a developing country, although its a much longer process)

I don't think you're going to find a Warka branch in NY. Citibank is Warka's intermediary bank for any international wires that go from US to Warka Bank in Iraq. They have an "agreement" that wired funds will flow thru Citibank into Warka. That's my understanding of their connection.

For the 10, 000 th time, THERE IS NO WARKA BANK IN NYC. Citibank is used as the international swift clearing bank for outgoing and incoming international wires. Warka has a Master card relationship with Warka . If you contact Citibank in NYC and start asking questions about Warka they will have no idea what you are talking about. There is a National Bank Of Kuwait in NYC, but they will not deal with American citizens unless they are working in or own a company in Kuwait.

Frank

• Downvote 1

For the 10, 000 th time, THERE IS NO WARKA BANK IN NYC. Citibank is used as the international swift clearing bank for outgoing and incoming international wires. Warka has a Master card relationship with Warka . If you contact Citibank in NYC and start asking questions about Warka they will have no idea what you are talking about. There is a National Bank Of Kuwait in NYC, but they will not deal with American citizens unless they are working in or own a company in Kuwait.

Frank

Frank...Can you help me? I tried to wire money from my bank to the Warka account this morning and after 5 hours of trying to make it work, I can't get it through. (Or the woman at the bank can't get it through)

She says she doesn't know if its a domestic or an international wire since Citibank is the intermediary bank...she says she doesn't know how to input it...and says the Swift # doesn't work. I'm about to pull out my hair. I gave her all the info (correct stuff about routing numbers, the name of the account, such that Warka sent me to use)...but she can't get it to work and the New York Branch of Citibank doesn't take calls. They say I have to go there in person and I'm in North Carolina.

Can you please help me? My email is lougideon@att.net. I'm not sure how to search here...I just became a VIP and I don't want to miss your answer.

Thank you SO much!

Lou Gideon

Frank

this is why I said it was hearsay, I wasnt sure if there was a branch...no reason to get bent out of shape about it. As it happens I would qualify for the Kuwait bank, but that really doesnt help me since I want it in IQD as opposed to KD...unless NBK allows you to open an account in IQD?

Lou (everoptimistic),

Below is the info that is on Warka's site...noticed that the swift code (address) for Citibank is "CITIUS33". Now, here is the location for that Swift code: Citibank NA, 111 Wall Street, New York, NY (Link: http://www.svgncb.com/swift-data.php ) after doing a search on yahoo. Also noticed the ABA # (Fed Wire) is also the same for this branch. Another search after getting the address, brought up the phone # for this branch (212) 495-7277. (Link: http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Citibank.212-495-7277/shoutout/list ). I hope you get the answers you need and I hope this helps. (Notice the question dated for March 03, 2011, is regarding Warka Bank). I have heard rumor of a Warka affiliate site located inside the same building as this Citibank branch, but I personally have never had a need to confirm this.

* Warka Bank & CitiBank Establish a Mutually Rewarding Banking Relationship

LINK (Warka Bank Website)

Dear Warka Clients,

As the leading financial institution that has served Iraq since 1999, we have played a significant role in the reconstruction of the country by participating as a lead financier in many core sectors including power, water, communication and construction.

It gives me great pleasure to inform all our distinguished clients that Warka Bank for Investment and Finance and Citibank established a mutually rewarding banking relationship that will best serve our clients, banking industry and the economy.

We look forward to unleashing the full force of the partnership with Citibank for the benefit of the new Iraq.

Below are our account details at Citibank in which you can now direct your wire transfers to fund your accounts at our bank.

Account Number: 36908969

Account Name: Warka Bank for Investment & Finance

Bank Name: Citibank NA

Branch: New York

Swift Address: CITIUS33

Fed Wire: 021000089

Best regards,

Mohammad K. Issa

Deputy Managing Director

International Affairs

Good Luck,

NevadaAl

Frank...Can you help me? I tried to wire money from my bank to the Warka account this morning and after 5 hours of trying to make it work, I can't get it through. (Or the woman at the bank can't get it through)

She says she doesn't know if its a domestic or an international wire since Citibank is the intermediary bank...she says she doesn't know how to input it...and says the Swift # doesn't work. I'm about to pull out my hair. I gave her all the info (correct stuff about routing numbers, the name of the account, such that Warka sent me to use)...but she can't get it to work and the New York Branch of Citibank doesn't take calls. They say I have to go there in person and I'm in North Carolina.

Can you please help me? My email is lougideon@att.net. I'm not sure how to search here...I just became a VIP and I don't want to miss your answer.

Thank you SO much!

Lou Gideon

You need to tell her to input the wire as a Domestic and not as a International. In my experience I DID NOT need the Swift # to do a Domestic wire transfer. In other words, the form I filled out for a Domestic wire transfer DID NOT require the Swift number.

this is why I said it was hearsay, I wasnt sure if there was a branch...no reason to get bent out of shape about it. As it happens I would qualify for the Kuwait bank, but that really doesnt help me since I want it in IQD as opposed to KD...unless NBK allows you to open an account in IQD?

They sell IQD. You can call them in NYC with any other questions.

Lou (everoptimistic),

Below is the info that is on Warka's site...noticed that the swift code (address) for Citibank is "CITIUS33". Now, here is the location for that Swift code: Citibank NA, 111 Wall Street, New York, NY (Link: http://www.svgncb.com/swift-data.php ) after doing a search on yahoo. Also noticed the ABA # (Fed Wire) is also the same for this branch. Another search after getting the address, brought up the phone # for this branch (212) 495-7277. (Link: http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Citibank.212-495-7277/shoutout/list ). I hope you get the answers you need and I hope this helps. (Notice the question dated for March 03, 2011, is regarding Warka Bank). I have heard rumor of a Warka affiliate site located inside the same building as this Citibank branch, but I personally have never had a need to confirm this.

* Warka Bank & CitiBank Establish a Mutually Rewarding Banking Relationship

LINK (Warka Bank Website)

Dear Warka Clients,

As the leading financial institution that has served Iraq since 1999, we have played a significant role in the reconstruction of the country by participating as a lead financier in many core sectors including power, water, communication and construction.

It gives me great pleasure to inform all our distinguished clients that Warka Bank for Investment and Finance and Citibank established a mutually rewarding banking relationship that will best serve our clients, banking industry and the economy.

We look forward to unleashing the full force of the partnership with Citibank for the benefit of the new Iraq.

Below are our account details at Citibank in which you can now direct your wire transfers to fund your accounts at our bank.

Account Number: 36908969

Account Name: Warka Bank for Investment & Finance

Bank Name: Citibank NA

Branch: New York

Swift Address: CITIUS33

Fed Wire: 021000089

Best regards,

Mohammad K. Issa

Deputy Managing Director

International Affairs

Good Luck,

NevadaAl

Yep, thats the correct address. It is clearly spelled out in Adams book. Warka moves slowly so give it 4-5 to post.

Thank you SO much!

Lou Gideon

Sometimes the swift number is not needed, try using the fed wire number only, that worked for me when I had that problem.