Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Flea and the Elephant

billio0

Good Post!....other than the Elephants having Fleas thing....that's just gross! huh.gif

GO RV

Look on the bright side, at least he didn't use the Tick and The Elephant Analogy. With the Tick Gorging itself on the Elephant to the point it explodes....biggrin.gif

-

• Upvote 1

It seems that much of the recent hype about purchasing small denoms can be loosely traced to some people trying to sell them at steep mark-ups. Just ignore them.

They're out of their Flea-king Minds ! :lol:

YES. Nice post.

A corollary to the elephant analogy is this: LOP one, LOP ALL! That's what I've been saying for MONTHS! If they LOP we citizens, then they LOP the U.S. Government, China, France, England, blah blah blah... AND EVERY OTHER COUNTRY WHO FORGAVE DEBT TO IRAQ, figures in the MULTI-BILLIONS.

Iraq would not survive the ire that these countries would bring to bear. As well. . . since the U.S. and a number of these countries have controlling interests in the IMF, the IMF wouldn't allow that to happen either.

As to the concept of "timeframe to turn in your large denoms," if they make we "fleas" do it. . . do they necessarily make all the other countries and their banks do it too? This analogy would surmise that those entities would have a limited time frame just like us. However. . . having said that. . . I believe that countries and governments that are bedfellows can find ways to pad themselves while screwing their citizens. I would have a hard time swallowing the notion that the CBI putting a timeframe on the large denoms would also include the U.S. Treasury and that of China and the other mega-players. We'll see.

Good post, thanks.

• Upvote 1

All good and well until you consider that when a new currency is implemented (Redenomination), you will HAVE to exchange old currency for new. The value of your investment didn't change, but the currency did. Your old 25K dinar will be exchanged for a nice crisp 25 dinar new currency note, and they will be worth exactly the same. At some point, all old dinar notes will have to be phased out or become worthless.

Iraq will then shake most of us off like a bad case of fleas...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

billi0 that was a nice explanation.

I have zero fear about any of the conditional scenarios that some people may worry about such in country rv or dual rates or ugh...rv for them lop for us, its illegal to have dinar outside of the country... LOL

If Iraq is genuine in wanting to be recognized again by the international community and be completely restored once again which we know is fact based on their actions then you shouldn't be worried. Reason being, those conditions some fear run completely contrary to what Iraq is trying to achieve.

I just feel like a country's currency is their honor and if they don't honor their currency for whatever reason by throwing down wacky conditions well in my opinion that would be suicide. The trust in them would be lost. Its that simple...

They need investors confidence to help develop a private sector especially now. To me this is very crucial for the development of this nation...

So if you are afraid of getting screwed this way...I'd have to say that's highly highly....well like billio0 says that's just not going to happen...

Dont take my word for it, research it yourself.

I fail to see how many still believe that a RD would some how be this huge loss of money. The value remains the same. There is no loss. Iraq does not owe you 25,000 USD for your 25,000 IQD note. It would be great if that happened but come on people. I tire of hearing how Iraq has to pay out face value of their notes in USD. The fact is they dont. All these post that state that China,Us,corporations will not let a RD happen all fail to add facts to back up that statement. Fact is no one knows how much IQD these intities have. Has anyone stopped to think that maybe the US and China dont care about the currency? The oil is the real prize. Maybe not and the plan is real but until there is proof brought forward then it may as well be pumper induced theory.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's another analogy that might help those who are still scratching their head about the RV - Imagine that you are in a swimming pool and you have a beach ball. Most, if not all of us who have done this has attempted to hold the beach ball under water. Now how it relates to Iraq - The pressure that you are exerting on the ball to hold it under the water represents the DEBT that burdened Iraq. Now that Iraq has been forgiven that debt, hence the downward pressure on the ball is released, what happens to the ball? That's right. The ball doesn't just float to the top, it comes out of the water like a rocket. The ball in this analogy represents the fiscal health of Iraq. Which in other words, is its monetary system and all the components of it. This is why, I would suggest an RV that will shoot up rather quickly and then settle back to a more sustainable rate.

Fire away economists.

"Helping those who can't help themselves"

• Upvote 2