Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

it is spelled HOAX

patb1

Ladies and Gentlemen

Please use your spell checker

We are all adults here, and we should have a basic knowledge of the english language.

When we misspell words it just makes the poster look less credible

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 8

Ladies and Gentlemen

We are all adults here, and we should have a basic knowledge of the english language.

WOW you must be the only one who is perfect. Everybody makes mistakes don't hold that against them or it makes you look bad like all the rest of the bas-hers.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

You know, I tend to at least mentally be a "stickler" for spelling and grammar, however after spending so much time sifting thru the forums as well as actually speaking to some people over the telephone, it is evident that for some folks even TYPING can be a challenge ....

I am more concerned that people read all the way through a thread before even considering a response ... often times a response is made when it has clearly been resolved in the process of other earlier responses.

This "genre" of communication, to me anyway ... is a meld of "verbalized discussion" and "putting thoughts down on paper" ---- some people are just naturally better at that than others ...

I believe if we all could look at the "serious" posts, without a critical eye and check our own egos in the process ... this forum could return to it's roots of friendly debate, good information, supporting one another and of course HUMOR!

Multiple blessings,

pvS

• Upvote 5

Ladies and Gentlemen

When I have tried to access a spellchecker here it has never been available or never worked. I have suspected perhaps it is something available only to people who signed up for the paid version of the site.

smee2

Oh, and by the way ... English is a "living language" which means it is changing as it is used for different things. One of the modern conventions is that ...

SPELLCHECKER ... is one word.

Thank you for your attention.

smee2

Why don't we have a "raspberry" emoticon?

• Upvote 2

Ladies and Gentlemen

Ladies and Germs...please understand that if what you have to share isn't a news article, please don't post it in the news section....

:lol:

Use firefox. It does spell check on the fly. But it won't help with the prolific misuse of there, their, and they're as well as too, to, and two. i am a business owner and am always amazed when an application comes across my desk at the blatant grammatical and spelling errors i see. i hate being negative, but when we misspell and have poor grammar, it greatly takes away from our credibility.

Oh, and yes i am aware that i don't use a capital i.

Edited by phazedoubt

Pardon me for chuckling, but isn't it funny how petty people can become when a misspelled word can cause so much distress. I guess my life is full enough where simple mistakes, or in some cases, lack of education or comprehension just don't bother me. Good grief. Too funny. Life is so short, why do we waste it on such meaningless things. Be happy!!!!!

I can deal with minor spelling errors, but when they're spelled so completely wrong that you can't quite figure out what the word was supposed to be, then someone needs to spend a little time working on their spelling and grammar.

Was it spelled "Hokes"? See, to me, that's so far off "hoax" that I'm not sure I would have figured out what the original poster meant.

There seems to be two extremes on this site... those that can lay their words down very well in a clear, concise message... and those that continuously spell very simply words wrong. It's too bad we can't meet in the middle.

• Upvote 2

Ladies and Gentlemen

You posting this thread in the news forum is equally as bad as the spelling.

• Upvote 1

When I have tried to access a spellchecker here it has never been available or never worked. I have suspected perhaps it is something available only to people who signed up for the paid version of the site.

smee2

I agree, I have tried to spellcheck when posting, but it does not work. There were times when I have read my post and sentences were not proper, and spelling wrong...unfortunately. My mother came from another country over 50 years ago, and to this day writes phonically. That is what I think happens here If English is not the first language. I applaud the effort some members for trying, English is not an easy language to learn. IMPO, if they don't misspell RV, then nothing else matters :lol:

• Upvote 2

All of you are cracking me up, this is too funny. Seriously though, I think it's more difficult to read a post that has absolutely no punctuation whatsoever - the entire post is just one long run-on sentence! NOT bashing anyone, just making an observation.

smee2

There already is a spell checker here. When you type a post, just look at the words you typed and misspelled words will be underlined in red, right click and pick correct spelling. Hope this helps. ;)

There already is a spell checker here. When you type a post, just look at the words you typed and misspelled words will be underlined in red, right click and pick correct spelling. Hope this helps. ;)

You use firefox or Google Chrome. IE doesn't do that.

Pardon me for chuckling, but isn't it funny how petty people can become when a misspelled word can cause so much distress. I guess my life is full enough where simple mistakes, or in some cases, lack of education or comprehension just don't bother me. Good grief. Too funny. Life is so short, why do we waste it on such meaningless things. Be happy!!!!!

Indeed life is far too short, however I just want to make sure I'm following you properly... are you suggesting that the pursuit of knowledge, education, and the expanding of our mental capacities along with a sharpened ability to communicate both through written word and verbally are meaningless things?! Because if that is the case, then I believe you are the last person who should be weighing in on such a topic and I pity you.