Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New Intel on the RV by Marcus Curtis

Marcus. Thank you for taking the time to write a very clear and concise analysis of the current situation. Even though it is speculation, I find value in what has been a concern of mine since the beginning of this roller coaster ride, the monetization of a full value RV and the concern of how it would be funded. Your views regarding a managed ride up in value make sense and address this issue that has been nagging me. I always questioned the ability to pull off a one-time event and it is good to have some validation.

I think the only item that was not addressed in your post is that of value vs. speculation. The argument against managed float up is that an RV that is too low in value will proportionately attract speculators and work to destabilize the currency. I actually see the opposite and think the more speculation the better as it distributes the IQD and brings it closer to being a world-traded currency. Additionally, I think CBI has been working fervently to manage speculation through monetary supply controls.

Your post was very insightful.

• Upvote 5

wow...

I don't find myself disagreeing with anything he has to say. In fact, he ties some of the ideas that's been going on in my head together real nicely.

A straight LOP would be too much for the Iraq to bare. This has to be done gradually. I've said it before but I think and I hope it will be some kind of appreciation. Marcus lays out an interesting scenario. That would be nice...

A straight revalue...a one time event, like a turning on a light switch is way to disruptive to society and the economy. I've gone back and forth with it so much but I believe that now. Sorry for those that are truly banking on that possibility. Don't get me wrong would love to see an RV w/no lop happen any kind of way but....when you get serious, you have to think about how they would make this work.

Well done Marcus Curtis!

Thank you sir!

Now let’s reverse that. If Iraq were to lop the way they claim one old 25,000 dinar note is equal to one new 25 dinar. that would only bring an amount equal to 24 billion in US dollar value. This would be the entire Iraqi dinar money supply. This would not work. Consider that Iraq’s budget for 2011 is equal to 82.6 billion US dollars. A lop of the currency would not even meet a third of the budget let alone provide extra currency for the people of Iraq to use. So obviously both scenarios are wrong!

Sorry but this is complete bunk... Iraq generates the funds to cover their budget from oil sales, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the size of their monetary system... They do not have to have a dinar base larger than their budget, they simply need their oil revenue to exceed their budget in order to not create a deficit... Simply take a look at their previous budgets and monetary base values and you will see this is, as I mentioned before, complete bunk...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Very impressive analysis. Well thought out and presented.

Thank you for taking the time to create this easy to read and understand synopsis.

This addresses more facets of the various issues involved than anything I have seen to date.

Go RV!

Blessings,

Texhad

• Upvote 1

Sorry but this is complete bunk... Iraq generates the funds to cover their budget from oil sales, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the size of their monetary system... They do not have to have a dinar base larger than their budget, they simply need their oil revenue to exceed their budget in order to not create a deficit... Simply take a look at their previous budgets and monetary base values and you will see this is, as I mentioned before, complete bunk...

oooh....well yeah...thats why they attach a price per barrel in those budget articles i supppose....aaack!!

Still though....i thought it was a good read. :D

You may be correct but I sure hope Iraq decides to go the route he describes other than a redenomination. The trillions in circulation is the one issue that has been eating at me. I figured there was no way around it. The senerio he described actually makes sense. I could see it going down this way and truely hope that it does. Darin brought this to the table recently and really spurred hope into me that a redenomination was not their only option. Guess we wait and see which road they take.

Sorry, but I think your taking that portion out of context. I don't believe he is simply stating that the entire currency in circulation has to do with the budget. I believe he is just comparing the two.

Here is another example I use when comparing the entire money supply post-Lop. If we turn 27 Trillion into 27 Billion, than we find the USD value by multiplying by $0.85, that put us at roughly 24 billion USD. Considering that the CBI likely has recently pulled 3 trillion from circulation (according to an article I can not seem to find the link) in reality the actual value of USD in circulation would be closer to 20 billion USD.

One would have to wonder how there are individuals in the world worth more than that, not to mention numerous corporations (Many which are involved with oil such as exxon, bp, etc.) For a country that may wish to show their wealth, such a low money supply for ciruclation would be rather crazy. For those that need an understanding of their culture, the people are a little more weary of using banks and prefer the use of hard currency. Westernized culture, such as the U.S., relies heavily on banks (Think of how often we use cash now days, and how it goes through a banking channel.... Whether we are depositing funds, withdrawing funds, setting up direct deposits, using a check card, credit card, writing a check, and so forth). So, we have to assume the hard currency ratio to eletronic currency would be rather high.

We can only speculate what "may" happen. But if we reference the low auciton sales which help maintain liquidity, we have to realize that the low auction sales may push up inflation. How do we decrease inflation? Well, increasing the exchange rate will reduce the price of imported goods..

There are many factors that we are aware of, and likely just as many factors we are unaware of. Than we have to consider how much fact backs any article we read. We can see several articles speaking of the removal of 3 0s, and now have confirmation from Shabs in regards to that issue, but he still leaves us all a little confused on the subject even when explaining the process in English.

The best way I can translate his message is how he referred to how the 3 0s were introduced. The 3 0s were introduced over time as inflation grew. They did not print a brand new currency to reflect the inflation, they just added bigger denominations to help transactions. So, if they were to remove the 3 0s, would it likely be possible they do this within the same regard on how the 3 0s were introduced? I would believe so. Increase the exchange rate, to remove the bigger bills. This while done over time can reduce the currency within circulation, build up the cash reserves, and as this progression continues, lower denominations may become more necessary to make transacitons. I think Curtis has the right idea of mind on how this may play out. I think for success, it may take a long period of time (Such as Ali once mentioned it to be as of recent) but who knows exactly as it can change at a moments notice.

As the value goes up..... Some people may find themselves comfortable at their return and cash out. Those that forget about it & hold it for a long-term, could reep the biggest gains. I hope the scenario plays out better to our favor, but I believe this scenario is more likely than a complete re-denomination of a currency. Sadly, this may extend our ride even longer while a re-denomination may put the end to it sooner.

My overall hope would be to see significant jumps from each time they update the rate. Maybe double the value each time... That would be nice... Think if the value doubled each year.

Year 1: $1k (Initial investment)

Year 2: $2

Year 3: $4

Year 4: $8

Year 5: $16

Year 6: $32

and so forth. Doubling ever year would likely be out of the question, but who knows how fast the rate could increase. Too fast, and speculators may jump in to buy up the total currency.

There are no right answers in speculation, but there are several routes the CBI can take to take full advantage of their situation IMO.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

You'd have to more than double every year. Speculators would come in if every may 15th the dinar doubled in value.

I agree with this opinion piece. This is what I've thought for a while now. Very well thought out that covers all the "gotcha!"'s

I just hope the transition is quick (few months) to $1. Also a bit concerned that at some point the larger notes will be declared "expired" and it will be too late to do anything about them.

I've been reading Marcus' stuff for some time now. He is very grounded and very realistic.

No Lop, no Redenomination, just an overnight RV of, lets say a nickel, and a subsequent slow, increasing value on the Dinar. (Without any type of time limit. It's the way the US and Canada both removed their large denomination bills. They still retain their value to this day if your lucky enough to own some.)

I myself would probably sell some of my Dinar as it continued to increase. The temptation would be just to great. This is what Iraq would be counting on and would make huge profits buying and selling their currency to speculators and investors on the ForEx money markets. I personally would sit on my main stash of Dinars as long as possible in order to capitalze on the highest value possible.

This scenerio of gradual increase over a fairly short period of time, lets say a year or two, would be a win win for everybody, especially Iraq! This isn't to much different than watching gold, silver and oil increase, except we're in on the bottom floor and not having to buy it at expensive prices.

We bought in when it was really cheap and it's about to be turbocharged with value. Rememeber when you were a kid and gold was $32 an ounce? Who'd ever have thought it would be 48 times that value today. Financial fortunes have been won by many people over the years doing just what we're doing now. We're in it at the beginning and we're going to make a lot of money. Hang in there everyone!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I've been reading Marcus' stuff for some time now. He is very grounded and very realistic.

No Lop, no Redenomination, just an overnight RV of, lets say a nickel, and a subsequent slow, increasing value on the Dinar. (Without any type of time limit. It's the way the US and Canada both removed their large denomination bills. They still retain their value to this day if your lucky enough to own some.)

I myself would probably sell some of my Dinar as it continued to increase. The temptation would be just to great. This is what Iraq would be counting on and would make huge profits buying and selling their currency to speculators and investors on the ForEx money markets. I personally would sit on my main stash of Dinars as long as possible in order to capitalze on the highest value possible.

This scenerio of gradual increase over a fairly short period of time, lets say a year or two, would be a win win for everybody, especially Iraq! This isn't to much different than watching gold, silver and oil increase, except we're in on the bottom floor and not having to buy it at expensive prices.

We bought in when it was really cheap and it's about to be turbocharged with value. Rememeber when you were a kid and gold was $32 an ounce? Who'd ever have thought it would be 48 times that value today. Financial fortunes have been won by many people over the years doing just what we're doing now. We're in it at the beginning and we're going to make a lot of money. Hang in there everyone!

A nickle? Are you for real? SERIOUSLY?! Ok I need to chill on that... No way they will sell themselves out at even .75 You need to use your brain here.

They will come out possibly and likely at low 1 USD range and work up from there. They stand to make a lot on the exchange YES but not shoot themselves in the process. Once this comes out watch it go up fairly quickly. I forewarn all of you not to cash all out in the first week or two. You will see why quickly. But a nickle or below even .75 cents is totally not gonna happen IMO... NO WAY! If they come out that low better sell everything you own and buy more... We will all own IRAQ..more then we already do... That is just one reason alone... Very unreasonable low.

By the way you should read past articles to see what has been said for years on the rate and RV scenarios by SHABIBI and MALIKI etc. Not that they are being honest but it foreshadows some of this. Also totally wipes out the theory of that low an RV rate.

We will see... Right. ;)

• Upvote 1