Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Reported home invasion in Springfield MO

SPRINGFIELD - Police, responding to a shooting at an East Forest Park home Tuesday night, found the 35-year-old victim lying on his back in the kitchen smoking a cigarette.

They also found 15 pounds of marijuana, two bags of psychedelic mushrooms - and, something investigators are still puzzling over, nearly $5,000 worth of Iraqi currency.

“Why he has Iraqi money I don’t have a clue,” Sgt. John M. Delaney said.

Along with the Iraqi cash, which tallies to about 5 million dinar, police seized over $23,000 in U.S. cash. Delaney said the discovery of the dinar marks the first time, that he is aware of anyway, that Iraqi currency has been seized in a Springfield drug bust.

The gunshot victim, who told police that two men in black and wearing masks broke into his house and shot him, is in stable condition at Baystate Medical Center and expected to recover, Delaney said.

The victim, Joshua Glushien, and his mother, 60-year-old Reva Glushien, both of 11 Judith St., have been charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of psychedelic mushrooms (a Class C substance) with intent to distribute and violation of a drug-free zone (Make Way for Ducklings School).

A woman summoned police to the Judith Street home when she called, at about 10:35 p.m., and said that her son had been shot.

When officers Teddy Truoiolo and Brian Beliveau arrived they saw that the front door had been pried open. The victim told police the gunmen were looking for drugs and money and that something scared them off after the shooting.

Police said the strong odor of marijuana wafted through the house and that as they conducted a sweep, looking for the gunmen, pounds of marijuana could be seen in plain sight.

Delaney said the vast majority of home invasions are drug-related.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/04/reported_home_invasion_in_spri.html

• Upvote 2

Pump me once, shame on you. Pump me twice shame on me. Pump me 3 times and I'm going to stuff my dinar in a drawer and start selling mushrooms and pot. Come on RV, Americans everywhere are getting desperate!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

laugh.giflaugh.gif The collected $5 milliom dinar entered into the evidence locker 12773, only to be found missing days after the Rv is announced. " No one has a clue where that evidence went" said sgt doughnut of the sprigfield police dept. We will open a special probe into the missing dinar right away. I will personally put four of my best men on the detail when they return from vacation in Belieze.cool.gif

• Upvote 3

laugh.giflaugh.gif The collected $5 milliom dinar entered into the evidence locker 12773, only to be found missing days after the Rv is announced. " No one has a clue where that evidence went" said sgt doughnut of the sprigfield police dept. We will open a special probe into the missing dinar right away. I will personally put four of my best men on the detail when they return from vacation in Belieze.cool.gif

Now we'll see a rate prediction of $1.2773 come out from either the G.E.T. a clue team, and that the bank screens are pinging in Belize, etc. biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

Must have been some dumbarse criminals....they forgot to take the dinar!!! LOL

They forgot everything.It was bad enough they shot him tryin to rob him.They didn't even get what they came for.Now he's shot and going to jail if they would have robbed him right he would just be shot.Now the police and courts are going to rob him instead and take everything from him inclueding his freedom.Atleast the guys who shot him would have only taken his dope and money.I blame Iraq for the whole thing if they would have just RV this would have never happen. :lol: For all we know he may have been one of the members here. :unsure:

Forgive me, but are you sure it is Springfield, MO they're referring to? I lived in Springfield, MO for five years before purchasing my home in Willard (which is about 10 miles northwest) of North-side Springfield and I've never heard of 11 Judith St. in Springfield. I've even Mapquested it to see if I was wrong about the address, but it's not pulling up an 11 Judith St. in Springfield. I'm not saying you are lying, but maybe it's another Springfield...because even the pic of the police car doesn't resemble the police cars here.

Edited by aferriss

Forgive me, but are you sure it is Springfield, MO they're referring to? I lived in Springfield, MO for five years before purchasing my home in Willard (which is about 10 miles northwest) of North-side Springfield and I've never heard of 11 Judith St. in Springfield. I've even Mapquested it to see if I was wrong about the address, but it's not pulling up an 11 Judith St. in Springfield. I'm not saying you are lying, but maybe it's another Springfield...because even the pic of the police car doesn't resemble the police cars here.

You're correct. That website is a local news site for Western Massachusetts.

• Upvote 1

You're correct. That website is a local news site for Western Massachusetts.

Thank you, DDave. The title caught my attention when it said Springfield, MO, but after I read it...it didn't make sense or look right. It's easy to think Springfield, MO or Springfield, IL...but there are many Springfields around the nation. Kohala probably got it mixed up with my Springfield. It's easy to do.

:D

Thanks again.