Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Govt leaders will try to flee before 100-day ultimatum ends warns Baghdad official

Govt leaders will try to flee before 100-day ultimatum ends warns Baghdad official

Baghdad, May 1 (AKnews) - The chairman of the Education and Teaching Committee in Baghdad Council warned on Saturday that some government officials are planning to flee from Iraq before the end of the100-day ultimatum set by Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki in February to “shape up or face the consequences”.

Dr. Falah al-Qaisi told AKnews that he had received information of several high-level officials planning to transfer their funds and families out of Iraq before the beginning of June when Maliki’s deadline comes to an end.

Amid a wave of mass public demonstrations across Iraq demanding improved public services, an end to administrative corruption and employment opportunities, Maliki set his cabinet on February 28 a hundred days to improve the performance of their ministries.

Concerning the allegations of government corruption, Maliki said at the time that it was the responsibility of each minister to root out the wrong-doers within his own ministry before the Integrity Commission or other investigating bodies intervenes.

Speaking last night, Dr. Qaisi urged Prime Minister Maliki to issue a travel ban on his ministers and senior officials until the ongoing government performance assessment is complete.

Without naming any individuals, Qaisi said that a number of senior officials were attempting to leave the country, “in a precautionary and proactive bid to avoid being questioned about the failure or delay in implementing projects and services”.

Reported by Wissam al-Jaff

Rn/Ka/AKnews

• Upvote 1

Not so FAST! I agree they should put a hold on the ministers passports and accounts only for the duration of the Prime Ministers 100 day review. Some of these bastards will be found out and I say when they are "Hang em high". Again Great find. Peace.

i think Maliki should issue the ban for travel and removel of assets and let these people face the music because you will see whos doing the corrution and letting their people go without electricity while they wake up every morning with hot breakfast and hot tea aand dont want to look out for their people... how much do you have to take and decide i need to start helping my people that voted me in here....and you are right ONOCHE does start to sound like America cause they are doing the same thing to the people that put them there. ANY WAY let go RRRRVVVVVV :D:P:DB)

This article makes absolutely no sense to me. These politicians have the best gig they possibly could have. Unless they are showing absolutely no progress and are nothing other than corrupt, what "consequences" would justify leaving a position where they will be treated like royalty for the rest of their lives?

Maliki says they are supposed to be rooting out the wrong doers. To me that is exactly what they are doing by threatening HIM with a vote of no confidence.

Remember the talk of misinformation and propaganda? I think we just read some of it.

Peace

This article makes absolutely no sense to me. These politicians have the best gig they possibly could have. Unless they are showing absolutely no progress and are nothing other than corrupt, what "consequences" would justify leaving a position where they will be treated like royalty for the rest of their lives?

Maliki says they are supposed to be rooting out the wrong doers. To me that is exactly what they are doing by threatening HIM with a vote of no confidence.

Remember the talk of misinformation and propaganda? I think we just read some of it.

Peace

Right on.... If a headline popped up on the Washington post like this " Chairman of the Education and Teaching Committee, gives a warning that govt officials will flee the country......" We would all be laughing at the writer of the column and they would be forever heckled. The agencies are just not linked other than check signing. However, when Iraq says this, it some how becomes credible information? Am I missing something you guys? How does the chair of the E & T commitee have real knowledge of the inner makings the GOI? Did they mean the Minister of E & T?