Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

is it too late to buy silver now?

lcheung

We may have a little pull back but I believe we're headed higher. I started adding some to my portfolio when it was in the low 30's. I'm staying in for awhile longer. It makes more sense than gold to me because of it's industrial uses.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Resistance is at $49 so it might float in the mid to high fourtys for a bit but once it goes through 49 it will likely jump just as it did when it broke the high 30's just remeber it is a much bumpier ride then gold, so don't get shaken off the bull too early. Happy investing:)

• Upvote 1

silver rise so quick...

No, not too late.

Look for silver in these 3 formats:

1. Silver Bullion in 1 kilo bars. good size...not too big, not too small.

2. Silver coins...pre 1965 coins have a high percentage of silver in them. why these coins? for when the time comes that you'll be able to buy goods and services with silver/gold...instead of the (by then) defunct dollar.

3. Buy about $500 to $1,000 worth of shares in african silver/copper mines...choose ones that are owned by small American/Australian companies.

on the Aussie stock exchange, 2 such companies are lised as TROY or TRY and the other as VOR (Voyager).

check em out...also look and see if you can afford to buy shares in gold mining and oil transporting companies...all good to have as part of your wealth package.

Owning shares in gold/silver/copper mining companies is a cheap way to "hold" those metals, without ACTUALLY "holding" them. an affordable way to get into precious metals....but get some of the physical stuff too.

hope that helps.

Cheers.

silver rise so quick...

Higher silver prices is really evidence of a falling dollar. Silver has been manipulated for a while now. The price of silver should actually be higher. The silver market was diluted through naked shorting of futures. J.P. Morgan has issued 3.3 billion shares of silver on paper without any real silver to back that up. Banks have done this to dilute the amount of silver in the market keeping the prices lower. This is done to give a false confidence in our fiat currency.

Now that J.P. Morgan was caught people are starting to but the metal again. Demand has risen for the actual metal as people turn away from some of the bogus futures out there. There is more gold above ground than silver at the present time and as someone already mentioned Silver is an industrial metal unlike gold. Silver is poised to really take off like gold has done.

The hunter is now the hunted. JP Morgan is replacing the metal in it’s futures contracts to copper and now copper is beginning to rise. As the dollar begins to fall you can invest your money in what some people refer to as PACE. Precious metals, Agriculture, Commodities, and Energy. Read more about how silver was shorted in the Article I wrote for Jerry Robinson.

Link

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Too Late? No way. Silver has been purposely depressed by JP Morgan and the Chinese Government for years. Now that there's a real shortage of silver these guys can no longer afford to buy spot silver and then dump it at a loss to bring the market down. Silver is on a free run and will top $250 in 24 months - and you can bet your boots on that!

Silver may correct but ultimately it will double or triple from here. Our debt and amount of currency is not getting smaller.

Higher silver prices is really evidence of a falling dollar. Silver has been manipulated for a while now. The price of silver should actually be higher. The silver market was diluted through naked shorting of futures. J.P. Morgan has issued 3.3 billion shares of silver on paper without any real silver to back that up. Banks have done this to dilute the amount of silver in the market keeping the prices lower. This is done to give a false confidence in our fiat currency.

Now that J.P. Morgan was caught people are starting to but the metal again. Demand has risen for the actual metal as people turn away from some of the bogus futures out there. There is more gold above ground than silver at the present time and as someone already mentioned Silver is an industrial metal unlike gold. Silver is poised to really take off like gold has done.

The hunter is now the hunted. JP Morgan is replacing the metal in it’s futures contracts to copper and now copper is beginning to rise. As the dollar begins to fall you can invest your money in what some people refer to as PACE. Precious metals, Agriculture, Commodities, and Energy. Read more about how silver was shorted in the Article I wrote for Jerry Robinson.

Link

Marcus,

Excellent article hitting all the right issues. The CFTC and SEC have been looking the other way for decades letting the big banks use silver like their own personal slot machine with their naked shorting. It is fraudulent and illegal and should be stopped. Let's hope the CFTC finally makes the right decision in their latest investigation.

frankc

• Upvote 2

Didn't do any research but have been saving silver US coins since the 60's. Decided to take a ride and buy some more silver quarters (pre 1965). Picked up 4 rolls and by the time I got home and looked it up, I had a $40 gain. I think I'll continue to invest in just the coin rather than shares because they are instantly convertible, and I like that.

silver rise so quick...

I do purchase commodities such as gold and silver. IMO, this is not investment advice by any means. I think you have a great and bright future under the holdings of silver, analysts are indicating that silver could reach 150 an OZ by the end of the year. I would say rock on and do not be afraid of buying silver, great stuff and a good opportunity as I see it. Peace.

• Upvote 1

Too Late? No way. Silver has been purposely depressed by JP Morgan and the Chinese Government for years. Now that there's a real shortage of silver these guys can no longer afford to buy spot silver and then dump it at a loss to bring the market down. Silver is on a free run and will top $250 in 24 months - and you can bet your boots on that!

I agree Eagle. The jig is up. Although I will say I don't know exactly how high it will go. In at least the next 24 months we should see silver rise even with an RV.

Link 1

Link 2

Silver may correct but ultimately it will double or triple from here. Our debt and amount of currency is not getting smaller.

Marcus,

Excellent article hitting all the right issues. The CFTC and SEC have been looking the other way for decades letting the big banks use silver like their own personal slot machine with their naked shorting. It is fraudulent and illegal and should be stopped. Let's hope the CFTC finally makes the right decision in their latest investigation.

frankc

I could not agree with you more. it is high time this fraudulent and illegal activity is stopped. Even if the CFTC and the SEC continues to look the other way I believe that people are starting to wise up, and that is what will cause silver to shyrocket.

• Downvote 1

still going to move up. i bought 100 oz of silver bullion in 2009 when it was at $17. I have bought more since and gold. I also have a mining stock and a silver stock. Visit NIA National Inflation Association they have a few mining stock suggestions and everything you'd like to know about inflation.

still going to move up. i bought 100 oz of silver bullion in 2009 when it was at $17. I have bought more since and gold. I also have a mining stock and a silver stock. Visit NIA National Inflation Association they have a few mining stock suggestions and everything you'd like to know about inflation.

It went down a lot today.

Edited by Qman

I do believe it will go lower but ultimately headed up. I have been watching for a while and with every negative article on the dollar i have seen silver rise. with every piece of good news...(which isn't much) i see silver lowered. it's a roller coaster ups and downs, i believe its still headed a lot higher. now if the dinar rv happens, i'm going to sell my shares but keep my bullion just cuz it looks pretty in my safe!!! Happy Investing.

Edited by brandyclark

Hello marcuscurtis:

I agree 100%. Your article was excellent.

I also greatly appreciate the additional links that

you provided for us. Very good information.

Thank You for sharing and have a great weekend!

GoldenLady

“TeamWork Makes the Dream Work”

silver rise so quick...

I would keep an eye on China.

Anything that makes the dollar weaker, makes metals stronger.

The value of the metal never decreases. The buying power of the dollar is what actually is reflected by precious metals pricing.

An ounce of gold today has the same buying power as it did under Caesar...

But, always invest in moderation, based on what you can afford to. All metals are excellent places to store wealth. The spreads and premiums make them unsuitable for large short term gains. Be prepared to hold for at least 6 months to offset purchase expenses and offset selling costs.

Try to be prepared to buy a few hundred ounces on a day when world events push metals down. Make steady small purchases every pay period. It will grow.

I have been buying Silver for 35 years. It adds up.

• 2 weeks later...

No Safe till gold hits 2k

This drop was just them nocking small players out of the futures market as you now need 24k to play

You can play options or buy SLV Ishares Silver ETFs. You can also short Silver by using the symbol ZSL and make money on the ups and downs.

Silver used to be used in photography. No Longer. Good news? It is now used in all touch screen smart phones and tablets. That is a big deal.

Edited by ghostflame

Hello elliott,

That article was great, indeed! I have made a copy for my Flash Drive as it does give

us the proper viewpoints that we all need to consider. The charts are good also.

Thank you for sharing this. Have a good day/evening.

GoldenLady

“TeamWork Makes the Dream Work”