Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cant have Dogs

vern

Lawmakers in Iran have proposed a bill to criminalize dog ownership. The law states that owning a dog “poses a cultural problem” and is “a blind imitation of the vulgar culture of the West.”

Many believe the purpose of this “war on terrier” is to distract Iranians from the bigger problems their country faces. The Iranian government gets billions of dollars in petrodollars every year, and uses that money to build weapons of mass destruction instead of using the money to better the lives of their citizens. And now the regime has made the elimination of dogs a priority, instead of the elimination of unemployment and poverty.

Ten days ago, companies from over 30 countries, including Germany, Britain, and France participated in the Iran Oil Show in Tehran, despite U.S. and E.U. sanctions.

By continuing to trade with the Iranian regime, Western companies are enabling this disregard for human rights to continue.

We wonder why we arent getting ahead? With people making policies like this no wonder. I dont get this country. I know we are not useing an Iranian dollar but it seems to me that these people are the same intelligents from one country/city/town/ to another. Just thought yall would like to know Everything thatstands for Freedom is taken away -Maybe that is WHY our investment may not work. I dont know . I dont even want to hazzard a guess. But I do know this---GOD IS IN CONTROL. Through it all it doesnt make sense. I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU-----You can see that minds are not thinking right here and we have to live with it---Thats like saying ---When you come to a fork in the road -Take it- ---Blessings Vern http://mim.io:80/f29e01?fe=1&pact=3495570564

Edited by vern

Lawmakers in Iran have proposed a bill to criminalize dog ownership. The law states that owning a dog “poses a cultural problem” and is “a blind imitation of the vulgar culture of the West.”

Many believe the purpose of this “war on terrier” is to distract Iranians from the bigger problems their country faces. The Iranian government gets billions of dollars in petrodollars every year, and uses that money to build weapons of mass destruction instead of using the money to better the lives of their citizens. And now the regime has made the elimination of dogs a priority, instead of the elimination of unemployment and poverty.

Ten days ago, companies from over 30 countries, including Germany, Britain, and France participated in the Iran Oil Show in Tehran, despite U.S. and E.U. sanctions.

By continuing to trade with the Iranian regime, Western companies are enabling this disregard for human rights to continue.

We wonder why we arent getting ahead? With people making policies like this no wonder. I dont get this country. I know we are not useing an Iranian dollar but it seems to me that these people are the same intelligents from one country/city/town/ to another. Just thought yall would like to know Everything thatstands for Freedom is taken away -Maybe that is WHY our investment may not work. I dont know . I dont even want to hazzard a guess. But I do know this---GOD IS IN CONTROL. Through it all it doesnt make sense. I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU-----You can see that minds are not thinking right here and we have to live with it---Thats like saying ---When you come to a fork in the road -Take it- ---Blessings Vern http://mim.io:80/f29e01?fe=1&pact=3495570564

I don't really see why that surprises you Vern. Its the oil. Of course their going to hop in bed with Iran. oil or no oil they will pick oil every time. Look how long we were in bed with sadam. We placed him in power trained his guard. equipped his army all for the oil. Had he not turned in to a complete idiot we would still be backing him now. And even as I write we are in the process of doing it all over again. WHY. Oil that's why. Not saying its right Vern but its the way it is.

But the dog thing well I kinda take that personally. " Know what I mean Vern"

• Upvote 1

I don't really see why that surprises you Vern. Its the oil. Of course their going to hop in bed with Iran. oil or no oil they will pick oil every time. Look how long we were in bed with sadam. We placed him in power trained his guard. equipped his army all for the oil. Had he not turned in to a complete idiot we would still be backing him now. And even as I write we are in the process of doing it all over again. WHY. Oil that's why. Not saying its right Vern but its the way it is.

I guess we Westerners are going to the dogs. Maybe we send our Iranian buds .... some alligators from the swamps. See if they can house train them.

They are just getting rid of the competition. Being dogs themselves, they don't want to compete.

Then again, I guess I am being cruel to the four legged dogs in comparing the two! For that I apologize to canines everywhere.

So how many defenseless dogs will be ruthlessly shot? The things humans do to animals makes me wanna cry.

Stop the world. Pull over here and let me out!

• Upvote 1

I could not imagine life without man's best friend. I'm not sure if their culture values dogs like ours does but I'm sure there are some Iranians who do. I cannot imagine living in a country where you did not have the right whether or not to own a pet.

We the people are slowly losing our rights without realizing it in the name of public safety. Helmet laws, seat belt laws, fast food laws, smoking laws,gun control laws the list goes on but hey, it's for your own good. Right? My children never thought twice about having their lockers, back packs or cars searched at school. Why? Because there are bad people out there and it's to keep everyone safe so that is a good rule. They do not see this as their rights being violated. The only thing I know to do is to be there when the voting booths are open, and I will be there expressing my opinion.

As for me, I love my dog, he's just a big sweety, yes he is. I love my cat too, she just doesn't love me back., unless she's hungry.

• Upvote 1

YUP I know what ya mean--- Dogs are forever- Mine died last week .He had bad kidneys they said. He was 10 years old. He was a Yellow Lab crossed with an Akida. A sled dog. I had to build him a hiuse he couldnt move . Had to tear it apart to get him out. He raised a lot of kids and kept the bad people from comin in. Was a short hair and he hadnt slept inside the house since he was 4 months old -He wanted out in the snow and the rain and he would bounce all over the place trying to catch raindrops. He would knock over kids HARD and then Lick them to death when they started to cry and he would walk away when they started to laugh .Grandkids would cut teeth on his ears as they climbed on him in the yard. He would let them sleep when the were on him. Yup and he would steal my tools when working near him and put them in his house. WHY i dont know and i dont care. Cause i could leave them tere for the night. You could tel if someone was a good person because he would lick them like crazy. The bad ones left a taste in his mouth for more fun as they say.He would eat you out of house and home and then learned how to open the fridge until we bought a new one. That screwed him up to the point of barking. Do i miss him -You bet -do the grandkids know -not a chance. Why? cause i got to get over him first. My wife is just as hurt .Got a picture on the wall above the computer and i see him everyday and that will change someday. Until then i figure if that picture Barks im outta here and checking the yard. ---And they want to get rid of DOGS? Dogs have a place in our society and every society for that matter. They hunt and bring food and help you when you need it .They have been known to travel for miles to get help and go thru enemy lines .They Protect /Heal/make you smile/ tug on your heart/ soften you up/ make you fall in love-with women or something like that and they will Guard you when your down or at your weakest moment and they want to get rid of them. DOGS have no voice -But we do. Maybe we should level the playing field . I dont know but i do know this---There are 72 Virginians waiting and 1 Big Ole dog named Rufus. I wonder which one he will lick first- Have fun Roofie it,s ok----- it,s ok -Blessings Vern

Edited by vern
  • Upvote 1

when I read this opening statement -dogs "pose a Cultural Problem" to my 2 hunting dogs,their eyes narrowed and the oldest one walked over to the Gun Cabinet -ya'all can guess the rest

• Upvote 1

YUP I know what ya mean--- Dogs are forever- Mine died last week .He had bad kidneys they said. He was 10 years old. He was a Yellow Lab crossed with an Akida. A sled dog. I had to build him a hiuse he couldnt move . Had to tear it apart to get him out. He raised a lot of kids and kept the bad people from comin in. Was a short hair and he hadnt slept inside the house since he was 4 months old -He wanted out in the snow and the rain and he would bounce all over the place trying to catch raindrops. He would knock over kids HARD and then Lick them to death when they started to cry and he would walk away when they started to laugh .Grandkids would cut teeth on his ears as they climbed on him in the yard. He would let them sleep when the were on him. Yup and he would steal my tools when working near him and put them in his house. WHY i dont know and i dont care. Cause i could leave them tere for the night. You could tel if someone was a good person because he would lick them like crazy. The bad ones left a taste in his mouth for more fun as they say.He would eat you out of house and home and then learned how to open the fridge until we bought a new one. That screwed him up to the point of barking. Do i miss him -You bet -do the grandkids know -not a chance. Why? cause i got to get over him first. My wife is just as hurt .Got a picture on the wall above the computer and i see him everyday and that will change someday. Until then i figure if that picture Barks im outta here and checking the yard. ---And they want to get rid of DOGS? Dogs have a place in our society and every society for that matter. They hunt and bring food and help you when you need it .They have been known to travel for miles to get help and go thru enemy lines .They Protect /Heal/make you smile/ tug on your heart/ soften you up/ make you fall in love-with women or something like that and they will Guard you when your down or at your weakest moment and they want to get rid of them. DOGS have no voice -But we do. Maybe we should level the playing field . I dont know but i do know this---There are 72 Virginians waiting and 1 Big Ole dog named Rufus. I wonder which one he will lick first- Have fun Roofie it,s ok----- it,s ok -Blessings Vern

Really sorry to hear that Vern. Yeah their devotion to family is incredible. If you watch a dog while it sleeps you notice that sometimes they will make noise`s when their dreaming. With that being said. If they dream then they have to have a soul. What more can you say

Really sorry to hear that Vern. Yeah their devotion to family is incredible. If you watch a dog while it sleeps you notice that sometimes they will make noise`s when their dreaming. With that being said. If they dream then they have to have a soul. What more can you say

blink.gifAhhh.......FRUITCAKE..... comes to mind ohmy.gif

blink.gif

Edited by Mongo

I think that the Iranians read somewhere that there are dinarians who plan to name their next dog 'Okie.' :blink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Vern

I once asked my dog RUFUS what it was like sliding down the roof---He said RuffRuff real Ruff :lol: Vern