Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

new $100

randalln

The U.S. Treasury refreshes its currency every once in a while to stay a step ahead of counterfeiters, and this time they’re refreshing the new $100 bill. The new bill will contain a security feature called Motion, where each bill will contain up to 650,000 microlenses embedded in the printing which will allow for an underlying image to shift when the bill is moved. Yep, good old Benjamin Franklin is getting a facelift and here it is (we’ll add more pics as they become available):

new100.jpg

Picture-24.pngPicture-9.pngPicture-411.pngPicture-511.png<br style="clear: both; ">Picture-62.pngPicture-71.pngPicture-81.pngnew100.jpg<br style="clear: both; "><br style="clear: both; ">

Highlights of the new bill:

- 3-D Security Ribbon

- Bell in the inkwell. When you move the note, the bell changes color from copper to green.

- Portrait watermark

- Security Thread

- Color-shifting “100″

- The new note will be issued on February 10, 2011

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...

- The new note will be issued on February 10, 2011

How pretty :) LOL, I haven't seen any yet, but I guess that just reminds me how empty my bank account is!!! Please RV, Please RV :)

it has not been released Obama held it up for ????????????????????????

They say it was held up due to printing problems (creasing in the paper). Are you saying this isn't the case? Do you know how long it has been delayed?

Look at the date on the note

You are such a tease. Would you care to share? ;)

Maybe some of the older members will remember that at the end of the VN war they use $ 2 bills to pay the troops so they could track the movement of the currency ?

There are public policies against reissuing the $500 note, mainly because many of those efficiency gains, such as lower shipment and storage costs, would accrue not only to legitimate users of bank notes, but also to money launderers, tax evaders and a variety of other law breakers who use currency in their criminal activity. While it is not at all clear that the volume of illegal drugs sold or the amount of tax evasion would necessarily increase just as a consequence of the availability of a larger dollar denomination bill, it no doubt is the case that if wrongdoers were provided with an easier mechanism to launder their funds and hide their profits, enforcement authorities could have a harder time detecting certain illicit transactions occurring in cash.

And thats all i will say.......

NO i will say more

What if?

They cap the amount a singel person can cash at one time?

Regulate who can do the transaction?

Pay out in brand new notes(that are #)?

All this just to see who ,where,when,why,and how!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought i would shake things upbiggrin.gif

now if you do it electronically and pay the tax no problem

• Upvote 1

From someone that worked at a Strip Club (mind you...as a waitress...that's my story and I'm sticking to it :) ), the girls hated new bills, as they cause cuts and chaffing when the customers ah.. well..would "tipped "them...so guys, please be thoughtful and first crumple the new $100 bills before tipping your favorite entertainers.

I'm sure they will show their appreciation to you in a manner that is directly propositional to the amount of gratuity offered...just saying. :P

• Upvote 6

From someone that worked at a Strip Club (mind you...as a waitress...that's my story and I'm sticking to it :) ), the girls hated new bills, as they cause cuts and chaffing when the customers ah.. well..would "tipped "them...so guys, please be thoughtful and first crumple the new $100 bills before tipping your favorite entertainers.

I'm sure they will show their appreciation to you in a manner that is directly propositional to the amount of gratuity offered...just saying. :P

wish i could give you more but you get +1 for that eyebrows.gif

How would a new US 100 note be tied to the RV?

because I see these and want them. I will give you all my dinar for a small stack of them. You see you give me green backs and I give you pink backs and you wait for the RV and I am out. Then I wont look no more to see if it rv'ed

because I see these and want them. I will give you all my dinar for a small stack of them. You see you give me green backs and I give you pink backs and you wait for the RV and I am out. Then I wont look no more to see if it rv'ed

2 is a small stack laugh.gif

This new 100 note of Benjamin Franklin has is an uncanny resemblance to a famous New Zealand export to Oz called John Clarke aka Fred Dagg....scary stuff makes you think the whole new specimen note thing is a joke as he is a comedian commentating on politics in Oz these days.

Good to see colo(u)r being added to the greenback...catching up with Oz and their plastic fantastic notes.

Q to Tiffany23 is the plastic note 'worse' than the cotton based ones when new? :unsure:

Well this is the most exciting piece of information I have read on this site in a very long time. It doesn't take much to get me excited, but still. :D

Now in regards to seeing an RV when these new $100 bills are released, I hope no one really believes that nonsense!