Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

It looks like it's coming along.

DeadGuy

Translated:

Baghdad (News) has authorized the State Council amended the Evidence Act, including amending the value of the dinar current. A statement issued by the Judicial Council has received Agency (news) copy of it: that the State Council decreed to grant the President of the Supreme Judicial Council the authority to amend the amounts set forth in the articles ( 77) and (78) and (79) of the Evidence Act No. (107) for the year 1979.

This was dated today. Translated Google News

I don't know about all of the legal acts it is stating from, but it looks like they have OK'ed the revaluation of the Dinar.

Looks like good news to me.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Found this...

Iraq Judicial Council to amend Evidence ActPosted: April 25, 2011 by THE CURRENCY NEWSHOUND - Just Hopin in Iraqi Dinar/Politics

Tags: Baghdad, Bar Association, Council of Representatives of Iraq, Dinar, Iraq, Law, Salary, Treaties of the European Union 0State Consultative gives the Supreme Judicial authority to adjust the amounts provided for under the law of evidence

Baghdad (News) has authorized the State Council amended the Evidence Act, including amending the value of the dinar current.

A statement issued by the Judicial Council has received Agency (news) copy of it: that the State Council decreed to grant the President of the Supreme Judicial Council the authority to amend the amounts set forth in the articles ( 77) and (78) and (79) of the Evidence Act No. (107) for the year 1979.

The statement added: the fatwa (Islamic Legal Announcement) regarding GATT against the backdrop of request of the Minister of Justice opinion of the State Council on the basis of Article (9) of the Code of the State Council No. (65) for the year 1979 regarding the proposal received from the Bar Association to amend the amounts set forth in the articles (77) and (78 ) and (79) of the Evidence Act and making them (5000000) five million dinars instead of (5000) five thousand dinars.

The statement pointed to the proposed Bar modify the value of the dinar due to changes in current economic conditions and inflation, the huge sum which, as well as a decline in the purchasing power of acute as they no longer value compared to value the former, but a penny and that many of the litigants in the courts suffer harm and injustice for not documenting their transactions and their actions legal, as the lessors for all real estate (except residential) are at the mercy of tenants currently.

Reference: GATT is the General Agreement on Tarrifs and Trade LINK

http://www.ikhnews.com/news_view_12347.html

• Upvote 9

Whats the date of this? It does say 1979 you know. Is this from 1979????

Yep, from 1979, Back in them days they had the internet and was able to make online articles. glad your with us :D Just playing with ya......If translation is correct it sounds like they will be looking back all the way to 1979 on all the changes I am sure. but I could be wrong :D GO RV!

• Upvote 3

The 1979 referrence will be the year the act was originally made law. If it were the year the law was amended it would have a different notation, with that year included. It is not referring to THIS year, but the year it was enacted.

The same dating system is used on your own laws and the laws of Canada also.

So, don't jump to any conclusions that this is old news. Just the reference of an old date does not mean that necessarily.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 8

Yep, from 1979, Back in them days they had the internet and was able to make online articles. glad your with us :D Just playing with ya......If translation is correct it sounds like they will be looking back all the way to 1979 on all the changes I am sure. but I could be wrong :D GO RV!

Anyone know how much USD a Dinar was worth back in 1979? If so please list that value here in the forum.

1979 is irrelevant!!! It is just the year that the evidence act was issued... Lets not focus on silly things!!! This is great news as it would appear

1979 is irrelevant!!! It is just the year that the evidence act was issued... Lets not focus on silly things!!! This is great news as it would appear

• Upvote 2

Anyone know how much USD a Dinar was worth back in 1979? If so please list that value here in the forum.

MSgt, are we millionaires yet or what? You felt so confident a couple of weeks ago. I respect your opinion as a vet, if your screen name should be interpretetted as such? What's the deal?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

MSgt, are we millionaires yet or what? You felt so confident a couple of weeks ago. I respect your opinion as a vet, if your screen name should be interpretetted as such? What's the deal?

Your retort to MSgt's question was uncalled for.

What is the purpose of your questioning his screen name?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

MSgt isn't psychic nor does he claim to be, he like everyone else has felt good about this investment coming to an end at one time or another and this does not mean that he was saying it was done so play nice :excl:

Doublescorpio is correct that the rate was $3.37, however, I don't think this is what they are referring to when mentioning 1979. I'm really hoping I'm wrong though because that would be a sweet rate! :D

• Upvote 6

Thank you, DeadGuy and islandgirl7, for sharing these great finds! Ya gotta LOVE this part: "the State Council amended the Evidence Act, including amending the value of the dinar current"!!! The part about the 5 thousand and the 5 million was also very interesting...as it's the difference of the 3 zeroes... Hmmmm...

I believe this is amending a law for awards purposes in real estate litigation. The old law was antiquated only allowing for 5000 Dinar versus 5 million Dinar. As you know 5000 Dinar is basically equal to pennies. It said that Tenants are taking advantage of Landlords because of the loophole from how I read it. Sorry... no RV in this article... dangit! :D

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

The 1979 referrence will be the year the act was originally made law. If it were the year the law was amended it would have a different notation, with that year included. It is not referring to THIS year, but the year it was enacted.

The same dating system is used on your own laws and the laws of Canada also.

So, don't jump to any conclusions that this is old news. Just the reference of an old date does not mean that necessarily.

:)

smee2

nice job smee thats the way i read it as well

For the Meathead that gave me a negative mark....;)

Iraq Judicial Council to amend Evidence Act

State Consultative gives the Supreme Judicial authority to adjust the amounts provided for under the law of evidence

Baghdad (News) has authorized the State Council amended the Evidence Act, including amending the value of the dinar current.

A statement issued by the Judicial Council has received Agency (news) copy of it: that the State Council decreed to grant the President of the Supreme Judicial Council the authority to amend the amounts set forth in the articles ( 77) and (78) and (79) of the Evidence Act No. (107) for the year 1979.

The statement added: the fatwa (Islamic Legal Announcement) regarding GATT against the backdrop of request of the Minister of Justice opinion of the State Council on the basis of Article (9) of the Code of the State Council No. (65) for the year 1979 regarding the proposal received from the Bar Association to amend the amounts set forth in the articles (77) and (78 ) and (79) of the Evidence Act and making them (5000000) five million dinars instead of (5000) five thousand dinars.

The statement pointed to the proposed Bar modify the value of the dinar due to changes in current economic conditions and inflation, the huge sum which, as well as a decline in the purchasing power of acute as they no longer value compared to value the former, but a penny and that many of the litigants in the courts suffer harm and injustice for not documenting their transactions and their actions legal, as the lessors for all real estate (except residential) are at the mercy of tenants currently.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4